General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spurs obviously knew he would be a big talent, and probably didn't want us to have an option to buy...

Did they really though? How many games had he played for them before moving to us? 2 league games. At a time where Hutton was regularly playing surely they would have just thrown him in at the deep end, when Corluka was injured. They obviously thought he'd have potential but we should have said we wanted a deal in place to make it permanent.

Yeah spurs didn't know at all - he excelled while with us

You can't honestly believe Spurs didn't know how good Walker was and would be? Seriously? Even if they weren't sure they will have had an idea. It was never on.

Ridiculous series of posts. Some of you live on a different planet.

Well they clearly felt Naughton was the better propect having taken him directly to Spurs while keeping Walker at Sheffield United, when they signed the two. I'm pretty sure this echoes what the Sheffield United fans thought at the time as well and I'm almost certain the bigger piece of the transfer fee was to do with Naughton. So please tell me how you can be so sure Spurs knew he would be as good as he is?

we should have said we wanted a deal in place to make it permanent.

Then we might have not got the Loan deal, Walker would have just went of to another PL club.

Might? We don't know the ins and outs, I dont think anyone can say they thought when we signed Kyle Walker that he would have come on as much, Daniel Levy or anyone else for that matter.

Jeeeez it's been a slow news day Today.

SOMETHING HAPPEN!!!!

Don't the squad fly out to Germany today? If so, don't expect any news till next week.

They flew out Wednesday for some bizarre reason

So more or less at least 5 days written off

SOMETHING HAPPEN!!!!

Don't the squad fly out to Germany today? If so, don't expect any news till next week.

False. Flew out today.

Spurs obviously knew he would be a big talent, and probably didn't want us to have an option to buy...

Did they really though? How many games had he played for them before moving to us? 2 league games. At a time where Hutton was regularly playing surely they would have just thrown him in at the deep end, when Corluka was injured. They obviously thought he'd have potential but we should have said we wanted a deal in place to make it permanent.

Yeah spurs didn't know at all - he excelled while with us

You can't honestly believe Spurs didn't know how good Walker was and would be? Seriously? Even if they weren't sure they will have had an idea. It was never on.

Ridiculous series of posts. Some of you live on a different planet.

Instead of trying to be a clever dick, why dont you state the reasons against what we are saying??

They didn't want him, sent him on loan continously - he was expected to sign for us, but nobody expected him to play so well.

SOMETHING HAPPEN!!!!

I'm pretty sure they fly/flew out today.

Andreas Weimann ‏@andiweimann

Take off to germany ...game against werder bremen tomorrow !!

Posted 5 hours ago.

SOMETHING HAPPEN!!!!

You do realise they have the internet and phones in Germany??

They didn't want him, sent him on loan continously - he was expected to sign for us, but nobody expected him to play so well.

Absolute nonsense. They sent him on loan to develop his game whilst he wasn't in their starting 11. If he was 'expected to sign for us' then why didn't we just sign him in the first place?

SOMETHING HAPPEN!!!!

Look at the Vlaar transfer. Nothing was done while we were in the U.S. We come back and a few days later the transfer is done.

Nothing official will be done while the manager is away.

Get the feeling our next purchase will be an english based player .......Matty Philps I reckon

I like him as a player. Two problems.

1. We havent had a big name which i would like considering we havent splashed the cash.

2. He's not exactly proven in the prem.

Oh and holloway might come up with the typical 'Villa arent a big enough club for him to go to ' :lol:

SOMETHING HAPPEN!!!!

Really? :shock:

The way I see it. If its quiet then thats a good thing. It means we are working on a deal or deals that we dont want other people to know about. Probably because other clubs may also go in for them. I.e. they are highly thought of players. Villa are being very careful not to leak anything after the Vlaar fiasco.

SOMETHING HAPPEN!!!!

Look at the Vlaar transfer. Nothing was done while we were in the U.S. We come back and a few days later the transfer is done.

Thanks Randy - dont know why I didnt ask you in the first place.

SOMETHING HAPPEN!!!!

Thanks Randy - dont know why I didnt ask you in the first place.

No problem, big bollocks.