General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really, 9 days until the season starts. We haven't really added anyone extra to the squad and i'm not convinced the new boys are going to hit the ground running.

If I were playing for the Villa and Citeh offered me 100k a week I'd snap their hands off, after all, I'm 53, I don't have many seasons left at the top level.

Morning Richard / Shay (delete as appropriate) ;-)

Hearing so many conflicting reports about Milner. Some say he will sign for Sunderland tomorrow, others say he will return to VP and I am hearing that he will stay at City now to compete for a spot. It's all garbage.

If I was playing for Villa and the likes of Man City came calling you would have to presume I was pretty good. I would stay at Villa and that alone would attract other big names to the club and we would eventually win the league.

And yes I have lay awake at night thinking about this. :winkold:

How about if you were playing for Everton and Man City came calling?

A number of people wouldn't leave the club they love but if it wasn't a club you love most players would take the massive pay rise and chance to win the league.

If I was playing for Villa and the likes of Man City came calling you would have to presume I was pretty good. I would stay at Villa and that alone would attract other big names to the club and we would eventually win the league.

A number of people wouldn't leave the club they love but if it wasn't a club you love most players would take the massive pay rise and chance to win the league.

Rooney supports Everton, he left.

Milner did walk out on us for ££££££

Mind you, who can blame him we'd all do it

Actually, I don't think many of us at VT would. We're fans. I know for a fact that if I was playing for Villa and earning 40k a week I wouldn't leave even Man City waved 100k in front of my face.

Of course, most football players aren't fans of the club they play for so you can't expect that from them.

If you're serious then clearly it's easy to say such things when you know it's never gonna happen.

There is no person in the world that would turn down 60K pay rise and the chance to win things at the highest level. Unless they completely lacked ambition of course.

steve bull, le tissier...

Rooney supports Everton, he left.

That wasn't my point.

I was arguing that most people would leave, and if you didn't support the club you were at then practically everyone would chose the move.

steve bull

Mr Bull said himself he expected to leave the dogheads to join the Villa after being tapped up on holiday by Deadly. Then spent all summer waiting for the call that never came

The only other offer he had to leave them was to Coventry from what i recall

Not sure he stayed there out of loyalty anymore than because nobody actually bid/wanted him

There is no person in the world that would turn down 60K pay rise and the chance to win things at the highest level. Unless they completely lacked ambition of course.
Le Tissier did suffer a total lack of ambition.

I am actually pretty glad he did suffer it. Southampton built their team around him therefore he could showcase his talent to the maximum. Brilliant player.

If he had gone to a bigger club that would not have happened.

The sacrifice is he never won anything. But he is Xavi's boyhood idol.

I am actually pretty glad he did suffer it. Southampton built their team around him therefore he could showcase his talent to the maximum. Brilliant player.

He will also live on as a bigger legend of the game than many players who did win something.

i'm not sure he'd see it as a total lack of ambition! he was the best english player of his generation IMO.

as for bull, weren't inter in for him at one point? pretty sure there was a serie a offer. my memory isn't the best though!