General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I desperately want a new winger to supply some pace and width on the right. I hope we can sign adam johnson, could be the big name we need or would settle for cheaper option of yacine brahimi or possibly giovanni from tottenham, last year of contract would be an interesting prospect.

I hope lambert signs a quality left back rather than a championship unknown, think I'd prefer premier league experience ie olsen from blackburn. Hoping this week will see more additions. Oh n whatever happened to hutton leaving??

I think the issue is we still supplement prem quality players with youngsters who have not really proven they are prem quality. Sure we have seen flashes of brillance and promise but not one of our golden generation has nailed down a regular place on quality alone, injuries yes.

Now i'm not saying that the Gardeners, Carruthers, Johnsons, Burkes etc won't step up a level under Lambert, but the likes of Clark, Weimann, Delph, Delf, Herd, Bannan and Lichaj can no longer be considered precocious youngsters.

My point is using 1-4 youngsters to reneforce the squad against burnout and injury is probably the standard for most teams, heavily relying on 6-8 youngsters throughout the season just aint gonna work.

If we don't bring in another 3 players at the very least I'd be shocked.

Trouble is I think the money has dried up. The timing of the vlaar\collins dea would suggest some restrictions are in place.

I think the player who we would miss the least but in would bring in the most cash would be Nzogbia. However PL was speaking of his importance to the team this very weekend - which would suggest nothing is imminent.

Ideally I would sell Nzog - £10m - buy Matt Philips for £7m - the remaining £3m (+ money from any other player sales) I would put towards a new keeper.

Trouble is I think the money has dried up. The timing of the vlaar\collins dea would suggest some restrictions are in place.

I think the player who we would miss the least but in would bring in the most cash would be Nzogbia. However PL was speaking of his importance to the team this very weekend - which would suggest nothing is imminent.

Ideally I would sell Nzog - £10m - buy Matt Philips for £7m - the remaining £3m (+ money from any other player sales) I would put towards a new keeper.

Why in the name of God would you want to spend £3million on a new goalkeeper when it's unlikely we're going to sell Given this summer?

For a start we would not get 10m for Nzogbia.

Secondly we do not have to sell to buy

Thirdly how many players do we have that we would call first team squad members?

Thirdly how many players do we have that we would call first team squad members?

How do you know we haven't got a sell to buy policy, or something close to it?

How do you know we haven't got a sell to buy policy, or something close to it?

Because it's common sense that the only reason Collins went is because with Vlaar coming in we would have had 11 defenders. In a sport where realistically you only need 8 (2 for each position) 11 was really pushing it. So Collins went to free up a space not to part pay for a new player.

Realistically to give the squad a new feel to it, I'd say we could do with 3 more. Add to that getting rid of Collins and hopefully Hutton and Warnock, hopefully it would help the atmosphere and mentality of the squad.

We currently have 9 defenders.

LB - Warnock, Stevens

RB - Hutton, Lowton, Lichaj

CB - Vlaar, Dunne, Clark, Baker

HERD IS A MIDFIELDER NOT A RB, I don't understand how two games at right back makes him a bloody defender, the guy has been a midfielder his whole career!

For me nine is the ideal number for defenders, one for each position and one as back who ideally can play anywhere in the back four!

That Japanesse guy looks interesting! Would mind him plus a left back and ship out Warnock and Hutton.

Looks to me like Lambert has his priorities in the right order. First sort out the defense, and bring some balance to the midfield. He brought in KEA a midfielder who bring something different to our midfield and adds some much needed athleticism. A RB and CB two positions where improvement is needed. Next on his agenda is a LB surely!

Upfront a striker would be nice, but its not essential. Bent is exceptional, and Gabby is a good player at this level, Weimann and Delfounesso have lots of potential, and I would prefer to keep them then pay 12 million for a limited player like Fletcher!

A striker is essential as Delfouneso is not good enough and Weimann is only potentially a decenf striker. Leaving us with Bent and Gabby.

Ideally i would like to see...

OUT - Hutton, Warnock, Makoun, Delfouneso, Dunne.

IN - LB, CB, DM, Winger, ST.

But a new CB is lowest priority and only if we can ship Dunne to MLS this summer.

I reckon we'd sell N'Zogbia in a second if someone offered £10m. Problem is, no one's going to offer £10m.

I wouldn't write Delfounesso off just yet he is still only 21, and has shown he can score goals. Not saying he is going to make it, just saying he has the ability.

But this is the problem we are gambling on players who may or may not make it as prem players, we can't rely on these type of players for a whole season. Not saying some of these players won't make it, but i'd rather we had the luxury of blooding them gradually instead of putting them straight in the firing line. Trouble is, we don't.