General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just tweeting with KKFootball1. He is saying to expect a busy week next week with more ins and outs. Think thats pretty obvious with Lamber looking to overhaul our squad at a pretty rapid rate. I am hoping for Warnock and Hutton exits. A few out on loan like Gardner, Baker, Fonz or Weimann. Ins - CB, LB, Winger and ST.

I would have like to have seen Heskey and Bent upfront to see how that would have worked. Too late now

:oops: I can't believe you mean that Paul, Heskey was absolute rubbish no matter who he partnered.

I'm so pleased that I will never feel the disappointment of seeing him on a team sheet for Villa again, almost as much as not ever having "he who can't be named" picking the team!

Thinking about it no Mcshite & co, no Heskey, no Collins it's shaping up very nicely. Just Hutton, Warnock and Dunne to go would make it a perfect summer.

Johnson would be a great signing, at 25 he's about to hit his peak in the next few years..

It's a shame some people don't remember this when talking about gabby.

True, but Adam Johnson Is a much better Footballer than Gabby ;) , but gabby is a better Athlete.

true mate. Both have got the best years of there career ahead of them an i'd rather gabby's best years be at us than anywhere else. Johnson would be a cracking signing as well.

I like Adam Johnson but I would rather we continue looking for value for money abroad than blowing most the kitty on one player. As for Sturridge. Gotta be one of the most selfish players I've ever seen.

This.

When I hear fans saying we should sign A Johnson, Carroll, Sturridge etc…it makes me ill.

We do not need to blow money on overrated Premiership players.

I understand they'd blow a lot of money on the transfer kitty but theyre the type of players that if we play to their strengths that will get us goals galore up front. How you would not like Adam Johnson of all people is completely beyond me.

I like Adam Johnson but I would rather we continue looking for value for money abroad than blowing most the kitty on one player. As for Sturridge. Gotta be one of the most selfish players I've ever seen.

This.

When I hear fans saying we should sign A Johnson, Carroll, Sturridge etc…it makes me ill.

We do not need to blow money on overrated Premiership players.

I understand they'd blow a lot of money on the transfer kitty but theyre the type of players that if we play to their strengths that will get us goals galore up front. How you would not like Adam Johnson of all people is completely beyond me.

Its down to Price tag vs. ability.

At 25 and with a transfer fee in excess of £10Million he would not be a safe bet for us. He just is not that good. We already have Holmann, Albrighton and Carruthers. I would prefer to give them a chance.

It sounds like Guidetti is heading up to Sunderland. £1.5m loan fee with a £6m option to buy at the end of the season.

Am suprised MON has even heard of him :P

Wasn't this just tweeted today from a press conference?

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes

O'Neill #Safc presser: bids in for players but "seems to have stalled on all fronts." Still hopes for additions before season starts.

Surely that would mean there are no where near signing anyone.

It sounds like Guidetti is heading up to Sunderland. £1.5m loan fee with a £6m option to buy at the end of the season.

Am suprised MON has even heard of him :P

Source?

To be honest I'll believe it when I see it. MON's track record when it comes to paying for strikers is nothing short of **** awful.