General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I see @INCOGNITOAVFC has re-activated their account.

Interesting! I'd love to know who that is and what position they have at AVFC.

Paul Faulkner used to use @networkvilla account to tweet, but that account got so much abuse over McLeish that it stopped tweeting, I'm guessing that @INCOGNITOAVFC is Paul Faulkner. He does seem to know more than anyone else.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. Didn't have a chance to read their last statement before closing, not a huge surprise reading it now that it was a Villa endorsed account.

well lerner just came into $700m :P

He came into 1 billion according to reports, i'd rather him spend some money on class infrastructure to be honest, although 1 marquee signing would be widely appreciated! ;)

Yep, 1 Billion in all the papers in the States

:shock: :P

There's no way we don't see some of that!

They did a few days ago, but haven't tweeted anything as of yet.

Strange for him or her to reopen the account now after missing out on the signings of Lowton, Vlaar and Guzan. Hopefully there is more on the way :)

So I believe I read somewhere today that Twente accepted a bid for Douglas, the CB, from a premiership side. Now it appears The Sun is reporting that Lambert is chasing him...so I wonder, just don't shoot the messenger . Would be excellent business if that is the case! :)

So I believe I read somewhere today that Twente accepted a bid for Douglas, the CB, from a premiership side. Now it appears The Sun is reporting that Lambert is chasing him...so I wonder, just don't shoot the messenger . Would be excellent business if that is the case! :)

That is interesting....Also it's "The Sun" If you throw enough shit at the wall some of it will stick transfer rumours.

Would love Douglas, Newcastle have been after him. He was quoted at one point as saying that Newcastle were after him but so were 5 clubs, some from the premiership and that bigger clubs than Newcastle were after him.

Now, I know we know we're bigger than Newcastle, but unsure whether Douglas would know this or merely believe that Newcastle are bigger due to their 5th place last season, as I imagine we'd be offering similar wages I'd be surprised if he chose us over them if they can push for CL this season.

Douglas would be fantastic though, especially to partner with Vlaar, although I'd worry about losing Clark.

Marquee signing next week would be my guess

This would not surprise me, with Lerner flush with cash and wanting to repair his damaged relationship with Villa supporters, ST holders most importantly...