General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I have a theory - I think this George Friend is key to our left back situation. Weve been recently linked with Cresswell & Bennett of ITFC & Boro....... now these two clubs are both trying to push through deals for Friend........ I think wherever Friend rocks up - there leftback will head to Villa

I wonder if Olsson's TR at Blackburn will interest Lambert.......

I think I'd prefer Lambert to be a bit more decisive than that. If he wants Cresswell then he should do whatever he thinks is necessary to get him here regardless of where George Friend wants to go.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The price of lower league players is atrocious at the minute. The figures being touted for this Cresswell lad & Rhodes just seem crazy considering what they've done. In fairness to Wenger he got that Jenkison lad for a million quid.

not that bad for cresswell really. hes a main player at a club that is still something like the 5th or 6th richest lesgue in europe, he signed a contract extension only last year snd the fee also reflects potential. 4-6mil is not so expensive in those terms. If he only had a year left then we might get him for 2mil.

But why would you pay 6M for a player that is unproven at this level when you could probably look abroad and pick up the same potential about 1 or 2M. Arsene Wenger has been doing it for years.

They slap stupid fees on English players and then people moan we have too many foreign players in the league and the England team is suffering.

So clubs should bend over and letter bigger clubs take their best players on the cheap? Maybe we should of relented and sold Barry to Liverpool for cheap so they didn't have to sign a foreigner instead. If a player is under contract then you should pay whatever the selling club want. Remember, they don't have to sell them.

But it has to be realistic. 6M for a player who has one good season in the third tier of English football. That is ridiculous.

Personally I do not care what Villa spend on players as its not my money. So if we spend 3M or 6M on him I will judge him on ability and not based on what we've spent.

But If it meant that our very small squad could get 2 players instead of 1 who are both unproven at the top level then I'd much sooner we look abroad.

The price of lower league players is atrocious at the minute. The figures being touted for this Cresswell lad & Rhodes just seem crazy considering what they've done. In fairness to Wenger he got that Jenkison lad for a million quid.

not that bad for cresswell really. hes a main player at a club that is still something like the 5th or 6th richest lesgue in europe, he signed a contract extension only last year snd the fee also reflects potential. 4-6mil is not so expensive in those terms. If he only had a year left then we might get him for 2mil.

But why would you pay 6M for a player that is unproven at this level when you could probably look abroad and pick up the same potential about 1 or 2M. Arsene Wenger has been doing it for years.

They slap stupid fees on English players and then people moan we have too many foreign players in the league and the England team is suffering.

So clubs should bend over and letter bigger clubs take their best players on the cheap? Maybe we should of relented and sold Barry to Liverpool for cheap so they didn't have to sign a foreigner instead. If a player is under contract then you should pay whatever the selling club want. Remember, they don't have to sell them.

But it has to be realistic. 6M for a player who has one good season in the third tier of English football. That is ridiculous.

Personally I do not care what Villa spend on players as its not my money. So if we spend 3M or 6M on him I will judge him on ability and not based on what we've spent.

But If it meant that our very small squad could get 2 players instead of 1 who are both unproven at the top level then I'd much sooner we look abroad.

But the point of a ridiculous price tag is saying we don't want to sell him, he is under contract so you must pay over the odds if you want him. You shouldn't have to offer value for money on your top assets..

But the point of a ridiculous price tag is saying we don't want to sell him, he is under contract so you must pay over the odds if you want him. You shouldn't have to offer value for money on your top assets..

Which is why we might end up looking elsewhere. Maybe the 6M is an unfounded rumour anyway. We will probably end up signing him for less.

Really hope we sign Vlaar and Cresswell soon and can ship out Warnock, Hutton & Collins.

To be honest, I'd rather see Dunne shipped out than Collins. Despite his failings (positioning and mobility when facing quick strikers), Collins can be a tower of strength in some games and an aerial threat at the other end of the pitch. I don't see any redeeming qualities in Dunne these days.

Collins can be a tower of strength in some games and an aerial threat at the other end of the pitch.

An aerial threat at the other end? How many did we score from corners last season? Collins is useless in front of goal.

Well he's scored more than Dunne. It's all relative.

Ipswich Town are in the Championship and are expected to challange for promotion to the Premier League next season.