General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love us to sign Walcott. Think more attractive clubs would be interested though. Think he'd be brilliant for us myself.

He'd create a lot for Bent too, using his pace and just squaring a ball across the face of the goal.

I'd love us to sign Walcott. Think more attractive clubs would be interested though. Think he'd be brilliant for us myself.

He'd create a lot for Bent too, using his pace and just squaring a ball across the face of the goal.

See...theres a problem with your logic PieBoy my good man...Walcott's final ball is gash!!!

I seriously think Walcott could do a really good job playing through the middle...very quick and a very good finisher to be fair.

When people think Walcott they think 'shit final ball', but he has never been a wide player until Wenger got hold of him.

Yeah there is usually no end product to Walcott's game, he is just really fast. I would rather we spend the money on Adam Johnson, Much much much much better player.

Walcott isn't a winger, he's a striker in the mould of Michael Owen.

Imagine Owen playing on the wing and you'll get Walcott.

Hey guys just thought, new manager at Barca this season, some of their players might want to try something new going forward? Possible bid for Messi? I personally would love him here.

---Brahimi----Bent----Messi---

As a top 3 that would be awesome?

Don't think Walcott would leave Arsenal, besides I don't think there is any real difference between Walcott and Gabby! Gabby is a bit better in the air and can play left as well as right. Walcott a little more agile, sligthly better technique! NO WAY IS JOHNSON BETTER THAN WALCOTT! More skill yes, better crosser yes, but Walcott has much more pace, is a better finisher and his final ball is not as bad as made out, 12 assists is pretty decent, plus 11 goals in 41 starts and 5 sub apps! When has johnson EVER achieved those numbers!

Hey guys just thought, new manager at Barca this season, some of their players might want to try something new going forward? Possible bid for Messi? I personally would love him here.

Lacks an aerial threat, no thanks.

Lacks an aerial threat, no thanks.

True that. I've never even heard of Messi but he's got a silly surname so no thanks

I should probably get blitzed for suggesting this since I'm an American, but what about Carlos Bocanegra on a free? His impact on the wage bill would be negligible and at 33 he'd be a great bridge to give Baker/Clark more time to transition into a starting role. He certainly has more pace than Dunne, he still gets forward and can score goals, and sometimes plays RB for the national team. Here's the BBC story noting that he's been given permission to leave Rangers:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18865402

Since we're just throwing names out there I figured I'd throw in a slightly reasonable one.