General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my doubts about a dutch CB. I remember Freddie Bouma who used to play CB in Holland - saying he wouldn't be able to play that position in England - because the threat in the air in the prem is significant - where as in the dutch leagues not so much.

Vermaelen seems to cope well enough.

He isn't Dutch :D

I think the style of forward lines in the prem have changed massively over the last couple of years. A lot less of the typical big English centre forward being used and a lot more speedy clever strikers.

ex Dutch player and coach Bert van Marwijk is also tweeting about the visit/possible deal
Care to share what was tweeted buddy?

sure thing, below with translation

Bart van Merwijk ‏@bartvanmerwijk_

Ron Vlaar is in gesprek met Aston Villa. Ik weet niet wie daar scout is, maar die was tijdens het #EK2012 op vakantie, begrijp ik. #vlaar

Bart Merwijk @ bartvanmerwijk_

Ron Vlaar is in talks with Aston Villa. I do not know who's scout, but that was during the # EK2012 on vacation, I understand. # Vlaar

You do know that's a joke account, right? ;)

So far nobody on here seems to know a damn thing about Vlaar (me included, obviously).

Wait till people start watching youtube videos and looking at his stats on fifa/Football manager. :lol:

Is this the same Vlaar who played at the back for Holland and had a complete shocker at the Euro's?

The same competition where Nicklas Bendtner actually played well?

Is this the same Vlaar who played at the back for Holland and had a complete shocker at the Euro's?

The same competition where Nicklas Bendtner actually played well?

Point on tournament football noted. I would say that big strikers (Klose for example) tend to over-perform/do well in tournament football though I admit that may be subjective.

I didn't rate him either time I saw him, even if its two games in tournament football I'd still be concerned. The dutch problem at the tournament (other than not capitalising on chances) was an incredibly shaky back line that look to concede on the few occasions their opposition came forward.

So the guy taking a pic is Ron Vlaar but what about the other picture with PL in the tunnel. Are any of those guys players or just agents?

Guy in the blue shirt we expect is his agent, the other bald lad I assume is his father.

Was just looking at Vlaars twitter pics, looks like it was defo his father.

http://yfrog.com/nvslgnzsj

ex Dutch player and coach Bert van Marwijk is also tweeting about the visit/possible deal
Care to share what was tweeted buddy?

sure thing, below with translation

Bart van Merwijk ‏@bartvanmerwijk_

Ron Vlaar is in gesprek met Aston Villa. Ik weet niet wie daar scout is, maar die was tijdens het #EK2012 op vakantie, begrijp ik. #vlaar

Bart Merwijk @ bartvanmerwijk_

Ron Vlaar is in talks with Aston Villa. I do not know who's scout, but that was during the # EK2012 on vacation, I understand. # Vlaar

is it? Oh crap

You do know that's a joke account, right? ;)

According to the fount of all knowledge that is Wikipedia, I see our very own Nathan Delfouneso has'nt even been given a squad number for this season. Has Paul Lambert finally done what none of the other 3 managers before have been able to do, and is facing up to the fact that the boy is not actually any good?

What a waste of talent.

So the guy taking a pic is Ron Vlaar but what about the other picture with PL in the tunnel. Are any of those guys players or just agents?

Guy in the blue shirt we expect is his agent, the other bald lad I assume is his father.

Was just looking at Vlaars twitter pics, looks like it was defo his father.

http://yfrog.com/nvslgnzsj

Spot on it would seem.