General Transfer speculation thread with guff from Twitter

TrentVilla

I'm going to guess that this season we will be playing very similarly to the way England did in the Euro's this summer - direct football, getting the ball in the fiinal third quickly and high pressing and work ethic.

This style completely secluded ball players like Rooney when he came back, which is why he was ineffective. But for Carroll it is the reason why I thought he had an excellent euro's and was one of our best players.

So for this reason I'd take him in a shot, because by being able to hold the ball in the final third for a longer period, our creative players (Ireland, N'zog) will have more opporrunites to create chances, and therefore benefitting Bent.

So Carroll would be an excellent signing in my opinion.

No evidence of this style at Burton yesterday. It was definitely all pass and pass and move with a bit of zip (particularly in the 2nd half). Hardly any long ball at all. Hard to see how Carroll would have fitted in yesterday any better than the disappointing Darren Bent and Gabby.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Carroll would be a brilliant signing, but not so keen on the loan idea..

Would be bloody delighted to have him here on a permanent deal, only thing that bothers me is his party boy ways + Collins, Bannan and others who work the bars.

Carroll could be Liverpools Trojan Horse into B6 to see how he works with Bent

If it looks good you can see Liverpool coming in for Bent next summer as his contract will be down to 2 years so for Villa it will be cash in now or risk him running it down

The guy in the white shirt looks like Ramis but not the guy in the blue/

Maybe Trent.... I've seen Pics of Ramis with Longer Hair but I don't know which is the more recent Pic tbh....... Some People saying One of them is Luuk De Jong....... :P

as for Carroll ive heard he is on 85k a week doubt thats in our budget

But as someone said earlier, they probably still owe us the thick end of £15m for DJ so all sorts of deals could be being discussed

where did that pic come from ?

would lambert show potential signings around in full view of fans on a stadium tour ?

Also, would a player have any interest in seeing the ground ??