Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

Very classy player, like the look of him.

Would be more comfortable in a better team, bit like Bent I imagine. Difference is, he should be starting most of our game unlike Bento. Helps us retain possession.

Great signing for under £3m

• Like 1

still undecided on KEA - agree he very rarely loses the ball, but then he even more rarely does anything with it that pushes us forward in an attacking sense... having him and delph in the team means we are playing with two smallish players, neither of whom is really an enforcer and neither of whom is looking to unlock defences going forward...

did anyone see him play regularly in Holland? if so, what role was he playing there, because for me, he seems stuck between attack and defence, and is doing neither particularly well....

I think it is rather strange that everytime a played is discussed on here, he is always crap because he is not playing with the right player around him. That goes for the other player too, who is also really good except for the fact that the player next for him is not the right one. Good players can adapt and play their game no matter what, although against the better teams we need certain constellations to break up excellent players like Ramires or Toure.

I think KEA has potential, he is alright, but to say he is awful because this or that player did play beside him is nonsense. He was awful because he didn't get a grip on the game himself, not because Delph was there.

Well, I'd say that both Lampard and Gerrard are very good players but when they've played together for England they've both been mostly awfull. Very much thanks to being too similar and not fitting each other.

I think KEA looks a classy player, but find it hard to suit him in a line up for us.

I really felt like we saw today what having two midfielders who pass the ball forwards can do for us.

We create chances, unlike we have done with him and delph in the team because he struggles to pick out Gabby, Ireland and Co.

Bannan and Westwood gave a similar amount of defensive cover today as KEA would but made us tick better in midfield I felt and increased our threat as a counter attacking team.

I hope this guy is gone from this club come May.

He has offered nothing since wearing a villa shirt imo. he does not fit into our new style of play and does not look cut out for the premier league now or anytime in the near future.

That goes for Delph too.

I hope this guy is gone from this club come May.

He has offered nothing since wearing a villa shirt imo. he does not fit into our new style of play and does not look cut out for the premier league now or anytime in the near future.

That goes for Delph too.

Load of rubbish - that is all.

Don't think a great deal of him to be honest. As Gettingthereslowly said, Bannan and Westwood did just as much - I'd say far more - defensive work yesterday as KEA would have but they combined it with good touches and the desire to play forward.

KEA really annoyed me with his 10 minute show yesterday. He gave it away, committed a foul or two and his first thought was always to turn around and play it back.

At one point, space opened up and there was a good opportunity to move it forward. Instead, KEA actually made more effort to turn and lay it back.

So you still think Benteke is a poor signing??

Time to join the long list of posters that are ignoring your drivel.

He's saying that Benteke has been a good signing. What he's said there amounts to saying 'Benteke has been REALLY good, el Ahmadi has been REALLY bad', the extremes equal in opposite directions.

I know it's difficult to come on as a sub and get into a game but KEA really is shite. He's slow and dithers on the ball before knocking it backwards 3 yards.

Need to bring Westwood in for KEA and look for another proper CM player.

KEA haven't been excellent but he's not been as bad as some claim, he certainly looks much better than Makoun after that Manure game. I don't know what role he played in Feyenoord but KEA looks to be still finding his way on his role in Villa but I can see the potential in him once he gets up to speed in premier league.

So you still think Benteke is a poor signing??

Time to join the long list of posters that are ignoring your drivel.

If you would rather have a dig than reading my posts properly then I welcome you using the ignore button.

Â