Karim El Ahmadi

Feyenoord

I was surprised the Feyenoord fan who started the thread saying El Ahmadi is quick, I was under the impression he was slow, not snail pace slow but not one of the quickest by any stretch of the imagination so that's a good thing to know.

He does look a good player, clever and strong with fantastic work rate. Seems to have a trick or two as well as being solid defensively, a well-rounded midfielder.

For 2 mill you can't go wrong can you

If MON were in charge we would have probably paid 6 - 8 mill for him

Lets put it this way if he can pass the ball he's an upgrade on Reo Coker who we paid 8 mill for

Winning.

Lets put it this way if he can pass the ball he's an upgrade on Reo Coker who we paid 8 mill for

Thats makes depressing reading when you put it like that! A Nigel Reo Coker who can pass and has a bit of skill for less than a third of the price!?!?

Can we stop talking now about someone who since we have had three managers and who now manages Sunderland? I mean I am quite happy to mount a sterling defence of the man and his transfer dealings but it does get a bit tiresome after 2 + years and we have better things, ie our future and renewed hope, our brilliant young new manager, the signings (especially this new one) to talk about.

What about to the the chorus of eh margareta....

One tackle, two tackle, three tackle, more,

five tackle, six tackle, seven tackle, more

nine tackle, ten tackle, eleven tackle, score...Ellllll Ahmadi

the tune of what? :shock:

My bad its macarena.....

this.

Can we stop talking now about someone who since we have had three managers and who now manages Sunderland? I mean I am quite happy to mount a sterling defence of the man and his transfer dealings but it does get a bit tiresome after 2 + years and we have better things, ie our future and renewed hope, our brilliant young new manager, the signings (especially this new one) to talk about.

well said Richard...its laughable how much MONs spending is brought up....

people make out we were shouting "stop overspending on players MON!" from the roof tops but he continued to do it...

whereas the real picture is we were all salivating at the money him and Randy were spending and the results that came with it....

im liking the direction we now seem to be taking signing cheap foreign players and being linked with more...

but i can also say i bloody enjoyed the MON regime and his "overpriced" players...

lets just move on

people make out we were shouting "stop overspending on players MON!" from the roof tops but he continued to do it...

whereas the real picture is we were all salivating at the money him and Randy were spending and the results that came with it....

im liking the direction we now seem to be taking signing cheap foreign players and being linked with more...

but i can also say i bloody enjoyed the MON regime and his "overpriced" players...

lets just move on

To be fair, i think the point me and Ash were trying to make on the previous page, was how much of a bargain can be had from shopping abroad.

Ie. A Nigel Reo Coker type player (which we desperately needed) who can actually player football, for a snippet of the price paid for what you would get in the British transfer market.

For 2 mill you can't go wrong can you

If MON were in charge we would have probably paid 6 - 8 mill for him

Winning.

My favourite Villa story, and the only time I'll ever claim to be ITK:

My friend is a footballer and his agent is friends with John Robertson. Within a week of signing Reo-Coker, MON came to the conclusion that our Nigel was his worst ever signing - he couldn't pass the ball five yards.

That's some top class scouting right there.

lets just move on

Before we we move on can I say that is some what inaccurate. MONS transfer dealings were critisised by many but as long as we were performing on the pitch we had to give MON credit. Many doubted it was sustainable and we also know a few injures during MONs reign and we would have been screwed.

It was good but we all knew deep down it wouldn't last forever. Easy to say in hindsight but MON wasted a hell of a lot of money.

Found some more clips of style of play of El Ahmadi and his role in the Feyenoord team last year.

His best friend is also a pro footballer and playing for ADO den Haag. His name is Tjarron Chery and he has a tattoo with the name 'Karim' on his arm in honour of their friendship.

We don't really have much choice but to like it because Randy has clearly stopped spending big.

We probably need to sign two or three more cheap foreign players before you could really call this a "direction".

Â