Radios - Video Killed The Radio Star?

Kalim_a

Do you own a radio?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a radio?

• Yes
    • No

Do you own a radio?

I happened to mention here that I don't own a radio, which was met with some surprise.

To be honest, I like radios!! Only in the last year, ever since I got sky installed I have not had one. I used to listen to five live non-stop back then.

I do listen to online radios now and then though.

Who else doesn't own one and how long have u not used a radio for?

TITLE EDITED... suggested by b23avfc (copyright blah blah)

in the house hold these is....

2 in the lounge (DAB and a normal one)

1 in the kitchen

2 in my bedroom (normal cd/radio and digital tele which doubles as a radio)

1 in my sisters room

1 in my parents room

1 in the bathroom for showers

and about 6 phones in the house which recieve radio.

but, i dont listen to them

I´m upset.. this thread was meant to be titled Video Killed The Radio Star! Come on dude, it was my idea :winkold:

Otherwise, cool thread.

Ohhhhh now I understand!

Anyway, yes i do. A winding upable one.

in the house hold these is....

2 in the lounge (DAB and a normal one)

1 in the kitchen

2 in my bedroom (normal cd/radio and digital tele which doubles as a radio)

1 in my sisters room

1 in my parents room

1 in the bathroom for showers

and about 6 phones in the house which recieve radio.

but, i dont listen to them

:lol:

Pretty much the same in my house, except for the shower radio (posh bastard!). Listen to them maybe once or twice a month on average, mostly football.

I have a combined cd-player/radio, so yes I guess I do own one. I rarely use it though, and I think it's shame because there are some quality shows on Norwegian radio.

the only radio station i ever listened to was the villan on sky digitle, which has now been removed for some unknown reason, the only time since then ive listened to a juke box was on my phone a few months back when we played reading, and all i could recieve was two rocket polishers commentating on the wolves match.

used to listen to kerang radio at work, that stopped when i broke the radio up with a shovel when they played red hot chili peppers song "dosed" for the 8th time in 2 hours, every 15 minutes they would play that song, in the end i smashed the radio up cus of it

I love radio. I like it better than tellybox.

I like the way the little voices come out of the little box and sing, or tell me what's going on, or talk about the footy, or tell jokes.

Radio is somehow more intimate than telly.

The one in my car can't get the footy, or cricket, or any am/mw so I end up listening to all kinds on FM.

You can do other stuff while listening to the radio, but telly makes you look at it.

You can do everything from work to driving, to making "sweet Owl music" to the radio, but on the telly you just get adverts about insurance and shampoo and some pictures of people.

Digital radio, that doesn't go all fadey-outy at night is even better.

Radio is good. Telly is average.

Thats it, decided I am gonna get a radio again, a year and half without... is too long :D

It is Kalim.

If you can afford it get one of those digital ones. Perfect sound quality, good choice of stations. And then listen to it. Like I say you can do other stuff too, while it's on.

And there's something unique about being able to listen to, say, the test match cricket, or the Olympics, while lying in bed at daft O'Clock.

Marvellous!

i dont...

never listen to the radio unless its football...

and i only do that over the internet...

cant stand listening to some clearing in the woods waffle on about some shite, and then play wank music that is pretty much the same bollocks as the crap played before it...

Love Radio, listen to it in the house very often and in the car less so at the moment but purely because reception is SHITE

DAB signal is just not strong enough in the NW and apparently we have to wait until 2009 when they switch off the analogue telly signals so they can boost the signal - switch the feckers off now and make the poor people find something more interesting to do with their lives - like listen to radio.

And what do you mean Kalim when you say you haven't had a radio since you got sky, sky has more radio channels than any other possible source of radio. must be over a hundred of the feckers and some of them are quite good, play them through a stereo and they sound ace. Both XFM and 6Music are there plus a couple of other decent stations.

I don't. They almost never play the music I like anyway. So I'll never get to hear new music. Maybe that's why I'm so small-minded when it comes to music... :? Ah well, still don't have one. Mis it on the work though. Guess I'll have to get a small one...

Radio in car

Radio in my amp/receiver thing

cd/clock/radio by bed

Sky with radio channels

Interwebshariverse radio channels

Listen to radio regularly including 2,3,4,5, XFM, 4LW cricket. Sometimes I like to be in control of what I hear, sometimes I like to be surprised. Radio 4 is underrated apart from the Today programme which is a bit of a joke to me, so I don't tune in any more. Tune in, how often do we use that phrase nowadays? Listening to Test Match Special on long wave is one of the most relaxing experiences I've discovered recently, yet somehow exciting at the same time. It makes cricket meaningful in this age of ME ME ME NOW NOW NOW.

Â