Radios - Video Killed The Radio Star?

Kalim_a

Do you own a radio?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a radio?

• Yes
    • No

A very pretty radio

Well prettier than the bug anyway, and the rest of the retro-style dab boxes.

It is retro itself - it's just a copy of a 1st generation iPod

Boooooooooooooo.

on an unrelated note - the end or just the beginning for itunes?

iTunes copy protection 'cracked'

Apple will probably release the code, or some means of access themselves allowing other people who use proper MP3 players to use iTunes.

And what do you mean Kalim when you say you haven't had a radio since you got sky, sky has more radio channels than any other possible source of radio. must be over a hundred of the feckers and some of them are quite good, play them through a stereo and they sound ace. Both XFM and 6Music are there plus a couple of other decent stations.

I know mate, but never saw the point of listening to Radio on TV! LOL. Only time I remember doing so was when the Villain radio was there and I was unable to get another source. Anyone know what happened to that channel?

And what do you mean Kalim when you say you haven't had a radio since you got sky, sky has more radio channels than any other possible source of radio. must be over a hundred of the feckers and some of them are quite good, play them through a stereo and they sound ace. Both XFM and 6Music are there plus a couple of other decent stations.

I know mate, but never saw the point of listening to Radio on TV! LOL. Only time I remember doing so was when the Villain radio was there and I was unable to get another source. Anyone know what happened to that channel?

They turned it off so they could .....................blah blah ...............expand the educational side, blah.................

Well that was the ellesian line but in reality it was a cost saving device and a way of forcing you to pay to listen to woodwank, hold on while I nail my cock to the table

But seriously I know what you mean about listening to the radio through the TV - it seems wrong, and it sounds wrong just through the TV but hook up the audio outputs to a decent amp and it sounds great and you only have to have the TV on to change the channel, you can put it on stanby when you have the channel you want

i use my dab radio quite a lot, whenever theres a game on and the football phone in's on capital gold and bbc wm, an occasionaly talksport

has anyone heard that baggies fan with the high voice called lee? he makes the phone in's worth listening too even if theres not much about villa being talked about, hes crazy :lol:

I subscribe to Sirius Satellite Radio... it's the best $12.95/month I've spent in forever. I'm listening to Gary Dell'Abate get roasted right now on the Stern show. BuzzSaw, NFL Radio, and Sports Play-By-Play 1 are worth the subscription price, Stern show or no Stern show.

I have DirecTV, for which I pay $50-plus a month, and I get a lot more overall from Sirius. Truly, the best radio on radio.

BABA BOOEY!

3304.jpg

CALYPSO.jpg

^^^^ My radio... it's a couple of years old (doesn't have the replay or artist seek features that the newer ones have, but it works for me)

I would find it difficult to do without my radio. I'm an information hound, I always like to know what is going on wherever I am, and with the radio I can listen even while I'm doing other things at the same time.

It's Five Live for sport and news, and Talk Sport whenever I fancy hearing a bit of inane football chatter - TS isn't the station it once was, but in small doses it's pretty enjoyable, especially if you pick and choose your shows well.

Radio for music though? Nah. Haven't listened to music radio for any considerable length of time since 1994. Internet radio stations offering the precise genres of music I want are just so much better, and when I'm on the road, my iPod covers that.

Podcasting is also becoming a very compelling medium, there are some excellent football ones - including a Villa one shock horror - and it's a great chance for catching up with radio shows you miss - Fighting Talk and Sportsweek in particular.

Apart from footie commentaries (5 Live) I rarely listen to radio in the house (sorry, In Da House).

In the car I channel-hop between 5 Live, TalkSport, Radio 2, Radio 3 and Classic FM.

The missus only listens to Radio 1 in her car and Radio 4 in the house. Maddenly (cross-thread alert), she leaves radios on all over the house, so you can hear R4 wittering in the kitchen and bedroom, even when we're both watching TV in the living room. Pisses me off no end.

Now lets have a poll on whether we've all got TVs. Obviously (see above) I have, but actually I'd happily get rid of it. I could go to the pub to watch football, and spend my time at home listening to CDs or reading. Heaven.

Mike

• 3 years later...

Looking at upgrading soon to the Sirius XM MiRGE

img7727361.jpg

Was very disappointed when Sirius XM decided to put the World Cup games on XM (and Best of XM on Sirius but my trusty old Calypso doesn't support Best of XM) and it'd be nice having access to every baseball game. But if I went with an XM radio, then I'd lose having home & away broadcasts of [nearly] every NFL game. Thus the MiRGE which allows reception of both services.

got one in my car and listen to 5 live on it and i have an App on my i-phone for Classic FM but that is more about impressing wine drinkers with when they start acting all pretentious

but don't own a radio per Se

Am going to buy a DAB radio tomorrow, fall a sleep most nights with a radio on, has anyone got one they would recommend?

We own 3 Pure Chronos DABs in our house, One for the kitchen and one for each of the bedrooms, all three are the ipod dock ones

got one in my car and listen to 5 live on it and i have an App on my i-phone for Classic FM but that is more about impressing wine drinkers with when they start acting all pretentious

but don't own a radio per Se

iphone user in calling other people pretentious shock

one in bedroom (Roberts DAB) and one in main "lounge", which i listen to loads, especially when on the interweb.

6 Music mainly, bit of 5 Live now and then. On occassion Radio 1 for a bit of dumbing down ... ;-)

Â