AVTV On Worldwide Tele

CrackpotForeigner

One of the many cable channels available here at Crackpot Manor is the normally rubbish Eurosportnews. Flicking the channels at lunchtime yesterday (Tuesday) I came across actual advertised Villa coverage. It was an hour of AVTV with the PF and PL interviews, plus some highlights of Villa teams scoring heaps of goals against, um, Wigan, for some reason :)

This seems to be a new thing. Does anyone know more? In any case it's brilliant to see the club doing things to raise its profile and attract more international plastic fans like meeeeee.

Somewhat disconcerting to have the voice of Woodward blaring out of one's television. He really is like a Fast Show character minus scriptwriter at times.

Edit: "its profile", not "it's profile". Damn iPod.

One of the many cable channels available here at Crackpot Manor is the normally rubbish Eurosportnews. Flicking the channels at lunchtime yesterday (Tuesday) I came across actual advertised Villa coverage. It was an hour of AVTV with the PF and PL interviews, plus some highlights of Villa teams scoring heaps of goals against, um, Wigan, for some reason :)

This seems to be a new thing. Does anyone know more? In any case it's brilliant to see the club doing things to raise it's profile and attract more international plastic fans like meeeeee.

Somewhat disconcerting to have the voice of Woodward blaring out of one's television. He really is like a Fast Show character minus scriptwriter at times.

Saw some of this on Eurosport by accident this morning just flicking through the channels whilst eating my breakfast at 5:45am in WA. Nice to see footage of us beating Wigan. Showed 2008 game at VP, boy we used to have a good team then!

Been on Eurosport for about a month now...

Great to see what goes on behind the scenes, being so far away...

True about Woodward, but fantastic to see some action from the training ground (they showed the Goalkeeping "team" being put through their paces a while ago), plus End of Season awards night, golf days, Ex-players matches, interviews...

Great stuff...

Just caught this on Eurosport yesterday for the first time as well.

I never knew AVTV actually aired on TV here. I'm glad the club are getting the brand awareness up and showing the inner workings of the club on an actual television show. Should be interesting to see the behind-the-scenes stuff during a very interesting time. Pity I won't have access to Foxtel for the next month as I will be traveling :?

I caught one of these last week and it was pretty good & quite enjoyed it - even the bit about Villa park catering...

Had footage of a win over QPR from when Dwight Yorke was still playing - stuff I have never really seen before, having been only a convert to Villa for less than a decade.

My only complaint is you can't series link it on Eurosport, so I have to search through the listing to find & record it...

Was it last week the had the Ron Saunders interview? Seems to have turned into a bit of a grumpy old man!

He went from not wanting to talk about how good a player Tony Morley was, insisting on talking about that '81 - '82 side as a team. But then had no trouble talking up Brian Little as a special player... Just seemed strange...

And very short with answers...

Was it last week the had the Ron Saunders interview? Seems to have turned into a bit of a grumpy old man!

He went from not wanting to talk about how good a player Tony Morley was, insisting on talking about that '81 - '82 side as a team. But then had no trouble talking up Brian Little as a special player... Just seemed strange...

Nothings changed then, he was always a grumpy man

Saw it on Eurosport a couple of months ago myself, here in Malaysia. They were starring to show PL games, then I started to realize as the weeks passed that all of the games involved Villa :lol:. Then I decided to watch a match from the start, and they had like this hour long AVTV intro, which floored me.

I noticed that during the season they always showed replays of Aston Villa games 3-4 times a week but I did"nt know that they showed other Villa stuff as well.I will have to check this out.

I checked it out this morning and have set Foxtell to tape it for the next 3 weeks,then I eill set it to tape again,for a further 3 weeks etc etc etc.

You have now becom my favourite person. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Caught it a couple of months back and so I have cancelled my AVTV subscription, TBH I didn't hardly ever log on anyway although that could have had more to do with he who can't be mentioned than anything else.

Nothings changed then, he was always a grumpy man

Ron was always fairly bonkers. That was the secret of his success. :winkold:

The YES network over here which is like the New York Yankees channel shows an absurd amount of Arsenal coverage as part of some deal they have with ArseTV. got to say the Arsenal and Yankees fans deserve4 each other, cretinous bastards.

Bloody yankee fans annoy me so much.

Â