Lambert to switch dugouts

j19kjh

Just read this on avfc.co.uk - it's a very simple change as stated in the reports but thinking about it why has the home dugout always been the clostest to the tunnel :!:

Source: Here

Paul Lambert wants to harness the power of the Holte End - and one of his first moves will be to switch dugouts at Villa Park.

Lambert is seeking a close connection with the supporters by aiming for positive attacking football next season.

And he believes tapping into the passion of supporters in the stronghold of the Holte End will really get all four sides of the stadium rocking in unison.

The new boss has requested that the home team's staff and subs are situated in the dugout closest to the Holte End, with the away side's party switched to the opposite side.

It may be just the matter of six yards but, for Lambert, it is more symbolic, strengthening the relationship he intends to forge with supporters, which goes to the very core of his philosophies.

He said: "The Holte End will be vital to us. That's the traditional area where you get the place rocking - and the rest of the stadium will bounce off that.

"Villa Park is tremendous. When I came here with Norwich early season the place was really vibrant.

"If you can get it going, it's undoubtedly one of the great places to play football. No question.

"It's a great arena and the noise it can generate is terrific.

"The history of the club dictates you have to be ready. It's something I am really looking forward to.

"It's an incredible football club, with the history and tradition it has. It has a fanbase that is huge and I will do my utmost to make it successful. We will give it everything we've got to get that crowd going.

"We want to play the right way too. We don't want to sit off and wait for teams to do something against us. We will try everything we can to get on the front foot. Hopefully the crowd will go with it.

"I am sure they will come in their thousands and we have to give them something back.

"If that happens and we get the team performing then hopefully we will be fine.

"I know the expectancy level at this football club because of the amount of people who come and watch us. That's normal and something I am not worried about.

"I can't wait to get going and I will certainly need the crowd to give me a hand. The players will need that too. I want the fans and the players bouncing off each other.

"It's a new season - the last one is forgotten - and we move on. I want to get this place going."

Yes, i really like this aswell.

A manager who's only here for the money would never bother about things like this, for me this shows that he cares about more than just his paycheck.

Lets hope he has the same fingerspitzengefühl and attention to detail when it comes to transfers.

I like what he says. But shifting dugouts is for me just symbolic. A bit like when MON shifted the away fans to Witton Lane, though that I guess had more effect than this will.

why has the home dugout always been the clostest to the tunnel?

So the home dug out can escape quicker presumably!

Nah...actually a nice touch by Lambert.

Or that it feel longer for the away team to walk those extra yards, which probably has equally psychologic effect. Emperors new clothes.

Did MON use that dug-out too?

The last time I was in VP was a good few years ago for the home leg of the intertoto tie against Odense, and unless I'm mistaken we were behind the Holte-side dugout in the Trinity stand, where the Villa subs were sitting.

Well I think we'll definitely win the league now. It's what we've been crying out for, for years! :winkold:
Thing is, yes, this is a trivial thing.

But it means he's come into the job bursting to do SOMETHING. He's "thinking Aston Villa" in a way that you could never imagine McLeish doing.

In itself it's pretty irrelevant. As a pointer to the guy's psychology it's very encouraging.

This and a number of other things he's said in the past few days suggest he has received an early and very heavy message from Lerner Faulkner:

GET THE FANS BACK ON SIDE!!!

Not really, Thats his style anyway, he had a great relationship with the norwich fans.

Regardless of whats happened before any manager would need the fans on side at any club. Besides, the fans were already onside, they were singing his name when he was still norwich manager.

Well I think we'll definitely win the league now. It's what we've been crying out for, for years! :winkold:
Thing is, yes, this is a trivial thing.

But it means he's come into the job bursting to do SOMETHING. He's "thinking Aston Villa" in a way that you could never imagine McLeish doing.

In itself it's pretty irrelevant. As a pointer to the guy's psychology it's very encouraging.

I agree, I'm just being flippant for the sake of it. It is very nice to see the manager getting involved in this level of detail.

Â