John Gregory

VillakevBromsgrove

• 3 months later...
8 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

That away kit was absolutely gorgeous 😍 Loved our umbro kit back in the day. Young Sid Cowans in the background too

Ever so slightly before my time, but without doubt the most romanticised era in our history. That photo is glorious. 

21 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

That away kit was absolutely gorgeous 😍 Loved our umbro kit back in the day. Young Sid Cowans in the background too

Better than the 1982 away in my humble opinion.  Would love to see them do a remake of it.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Better than the 1982 away in my humble opinion.  Would love to see them do a remake of it.

It would be a great kit for adidas to reimagine with the trefoil … 

Edited by thabucks

On 11/05/2024 at 12:59, avfc1982am said:

Cough. Round Badge. Cough, cough. 

On 21/01/2024 at 09:37, Jas10 said:

Yeah, Merse scored a cracking winner too. We sent them down…

JG liked signing their players 😆

Chased Boateng for ages (was he more of an attacking player for them, to start with?) who became a rock solid DM for us…

Great game…

Have vivid memories of this game. It was my son’s first ever match aged 7. So when we went two down he was devastated. But coming back to win 3-2 ensured he loved it. Angel became his all time hero and he has never forgotten Villa fans singing “We’ll meet again…”

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Cough. Round Badge. Cough, cough. 

Yep.... iirc the lion on that badge was a felt material with the rest embroidered? Same on the tracksuit too. Beautiful badge at that time too.

On 11/05/2024 at 13:59, avfc1982am said:

Best football kit of all the.e bar none

• Like 1

16 hours ago, John said:

Former Premier League manager looks unrecognisable as he plays GUITAR  outside old club's stadium | The Sun

John Rocks!🤘

Nice Epiphone 335. He's always welcome over in the VT Off Topic musicians' thread. 

• Like 1

Â