No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only issue with Lambert is compensation to Norwich whereas OGS has a clause in his contract allowing him to leave. Randy has already paid more than enough compensation recently and the money could be used much more wisely somewhere else...such as a shiny new signing

Its great being in this position, this time last year we was being rejected by various managers and our options were limited

I still cannot get my head around this. I think it is a clear indication that there will be funds for any new manager.

I personally have never really been warmed to Lambert, and another scot again. At first I was stunned about OGS, but I've really come around to the idea of it, so now i'll actually be disappointed if its not OGS, Martinez, or AVB. As a matter of fact Martinez has fallen way down the pecking order for me now. as has been repeated we need that ""revolution"", a young press friendly manager who will have new ideas, creativity with scouting etc. To me OGS ticks all the boxes, Lambert will be more generic to me.

The only issue with Lambert is compensation to Norwich whereas OGS has a clause in his contract allowing him to leave. Randy has already paid more than enough compensation recently and the money could be used much more wisely somewhere else...such as a shiny new signing

With OGS you still have a sum of money to pay. With Lambert having a rolling 12 month contact I reckon the figures will be pretty similar.

Surely OGS would come with Fergie's recommendation? Would piss me off big time if Randy hired a manager nobody wanted partly because Fergie recommended him but then didn't hire a manager most of us wanted who Fergie would recommend even more.
Funny thing for me I would be pissed off if we can only appoint managers because of Fergie's recommendation

If they appoint Lambert I can only wish that the whole OGS thing hadn't happened. I'd have been perfectly happy with that choice before OGS, now I just think it's boring and a cop-out :(

I am not a regular poster, but I haven't been so obsessed by a thread since the arrival of Darren Bent!

For what its worth, I really want OGS as our next manager and I will honestly be deflated, even with PL, if its anyone else!

UTV

You're only 3 posts off 1000, that's not bad going :lol:

I'm the same with OGS now. I wasn't all that bothered by him at first, but after watching those youtube videos, I'm really excited by the prospect.

He definately seems to have the backing of the majority of fans, which is a good start! I can't remember the last time we sang for our manager!?!?

If they appoint Lambert I can only wish that the whole OGS thing hadn't happened. I'd have been perfectly happy with that choice before OGS, now I just think it's boring and a cop-out :(

It really doesn't matter if it is PL or OGS. Both will play to win, both will have a desire to achieve, both will probably improve results and both will get us scoring goals.

It is as close to a Win-Win as you can get.

Ya I agree with this. Definitely think OGS has the higher ceeling of the two.

Assuming the Norwich board want to keep hold of Lambert, I would imagine that the news that we're in for OGS would make them more determined to fend off our advances?

If Lambert is our choice and he wants the job, there is nothing they can do.

Assuming the Norwich board want to keep hold of Lambert, I would imagine that the news that we're in for OGS would make them more determined to fend off our advances?

Except name their price, surely?

Except name their price, surely?

He has a 12 month rolling contract so we would probably need to pay that up.

Remember when Lambert wanted to speak to Burnley last season, he did.