No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be extremely happy if it is OGS but am expecting another twist midweek, something that will knock us back a few steps.
Why? :(

It's the Villa way. We'll end up with McCarthy :cry:

See, I even get worried now mentioning a rubbish managers name just in case the media trolls lurking around the forums pick it up and spin it. :cry:

So, who here actually 100% believes this will happen and if so, do you currently have a bet on?

I am 80-90% sure. But you never know with the Villa...

Yesterday, after seeing the PC, and hearing Sky Sport's ill informed news that he had turned us down, I logged into my Betfair account to place a 100 pound bet on Ole with the odds at 10. But stupid rules regarding online gambling in Norway meant I could not use my Visa card, I had to open a Neteller or another type of account, and I decided against it due to I would not do it in time.

That sucked, as I could have hedged the bet at 2 or 3 odds later last night :(

Mate I feel really sorry for you. Never realised you were in Norway though... what are the papers saying today?

Everyone is lashing out against Molde and specially Røkke, except the local paper in Molde.

Here is an article that shows that OGS also has former players (Riise, Lundekvam, Stavrum) at his side.

Link

"Incredibly whining from Molde»

John Arne Riise is engaged at Solskjaer's side.

(Dagbladet): It builds up to Isfront in Molde, with manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer on the one hand and Molde management and Røkke on the other.

Last night peaked when President Tarje Nordstrand Jacobsen told what Solskjaer had answered the three questions from Røkke - answers that Røkke reacted sharply.

Solskjaer said in part that he would leave Molde as soon as possible if the offer came from Aston Villa, and he wanted this case to bring with her trainer assistants Richard Hartis and Mark Dempsey, along with playmaker Magnus Wolff Eikrem.

- This shows what kind of game this is, said an upset Solskjaer to Romsdals Budstikke when he learned of the leak.

- Molde should act as peace brokers

Around midnight hired John Arne Riise in the case - and he is clear about which party he sympathizes most.

- Hope Ole Solskjaer G gets the job .. Incredibly whining from MFK ..., writes Riise on Twitter .

Earlier Molde striker Arild Stavrum, who was one of the three "S"-one of the club along with Solskjaer and (Ole Bjorn) Sundgot in the 90s, believes the club must now be included as a peacemaker instead of war stirs.

- If this should be resolved in a proper way of Molde, they must ensure that Ole Gunnar and Røkke talking together. There are those who are holding all the cards, and considering the success of Ole Gunnar had, should the rest of the club act as peace brokers, he said.

As long as they know what is said between the main characters of the matter seems Stavrum it's hard to believe anything substantial in one direction or the other, but he believes it is obvious that Solskjaer jump on any offer from Aston Villa.

- I do not know how many candidates wanted to work with, but he gets the offer from a big club, he must of course go. It is the best for his development and career, and it is also good for Norwegian football status to get a coach in such a big club in a big league. I do not think there is no choice for his part, he must do.

- All right that in case he takes the coaches and Wolff Eikrem?

- There will be a negotiations between the clubs. He has every right to buy players, and Molde, it will be very beneficial financially. He can buy five players if he wants, there are transitional sums boards. I understand that a supporter of Molde will be disappointed if it does, but ultimately it is good for Eikrem and the Norwegian national team. Seen from the outside it will be positive, says Stavum.

- Must think selfishly

One could of course argue that the benefits Molde will get if they reach a group of games in the Champions League will be greater than the sum they will receive by selling players - but the way into Europe's most prestigious club tournament is nevertheless very tough.

Former Premier League player and current TV 2 expert Claus Lundekvam understand the desires of both parties. But even if he feels it would be premature for Solskjaer to travel to England after a half season as head coach, he does not see how 39-year-old should be able to say no.

- It's a chance you almost can not give you. I think probably Ole Gunnar could be imagined a year or two in Norwegian football, and gained some more experience. It's early for him, but he has all the prerequisites for success. In a club like Villa I hope and believe that he would have time, with the name and reputation he has. I understand if he jumps at an offer from there. He must think about their own career and see selfish on what is best for him and his family. I can understand Røkke and Molde, too, but that's football, says Lundekvam to Dagbladet.

So, who here actually 100% believes this will happen and if so, do you currently have a bet on?

Yesterday, after seeing the PC, and hearing Sky Sport's ill informed news that he had turned us down, I logged into my Betfair account to place a 100 pound bet on Ole with the odds at 10. But stupid rules regarding online gambling in Norway meant I could not use my Visa card, I had to open a Neteller or another type of account, and I decided against it due to I would not do it in time.

If it's any consolation there appeared to be only one idiot who went to lay odds at 10/1 on BetFair. It was up there for only about 30 seconds... I have money in my account and went to take the odds, but it had gone almost immediately.

Still got odds of 7/1 though.... haven't greened it up yet as I still think Ole will take the job. Almost a dead cert IMO.

Comment from Dagbladet, one of Norway's largest papers:

Link

Rule of force in football

And so does Ole Gunnar Solskjaer still he wants.

MOLDE (Dagbladet): Today it feels necessary to move slowly around the Stadium; excuse Røkke Løkka, to get a better insight into all sides of the conflict between the city's large and wealthy city's football son. For here spread out and nailed the explanations for who needs to defend what.

But cut through all the little stories about the actors who said what to whom, you are back with a surprising end to the famous story of the rule of force.

Røkke who once proudly put the Stadium as a beautiful diamatsmykke in the hollow of her neck to the town of Molde, thinks he has the power to rip the diamond away.

But he has not really.

FOR the money there and then decide mostly in the capital sport football, there are bigger things that ultimately will be left standing after this drama. For example, the story of who acted correctly, and who simply behaved shabby.

Where it does not help that all Røkke men in management and boards now come into action and tells that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer traveled to England in spite of their advice. These stories are not believers. Because it's Ole Gunnar has always been the innocent blue eyes, have behaved well to others and entrusted to us boys dream of becoming a coach for one of sport's truly great team.

The dream is, few people will take from him.

WHY Røkke still tries, is hardly to understand:

• • When was it wrong for him to flash with privatjet?

Nor is it likely that the man at the end of the 90th century made it okay to be rich in the former social democratic Norway, now suddenly demanding that their darlings go on a business trip in the liner.

Is not it just means of locomotion that embellish this big dream? Imagine being picked up by a foreign rich man to have a chat if you want to train football players of his. So there is a good way to treat a sport until you have taken under your wings.

The problem is that certain Røkke neither treat or understand.

There, he has taken his own inner turns on the journey to wealth, lands privatjeten this time at the wrong airport. After all, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer only on loan to Molde's famous son. He comes from Kristiansund and reserves the right to shape Soccer's free.

More and more, this sport is structured as follows. The individual rights are secured in contracts, and otherwise carried out by a free, unrestrained spending, where the written agreement is no longer enough to fulfill the dreams of athletic success.

There is a lot to say about this, but from there to read the press release Akers about what befits the oh so great Molde community to the eye is large and wet, a little over exercise.

FOR the holy Molde community as Røkke tenants in Aker management reportedly demanded that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer conformed to, hopefully, is built on something bigger than even the rich man's generous gifts.

There is now punishing Aker Molde for the purchased coach action, it is now on up to members to view the Soccer in the city is just as well without the extra millions.

After all, a good enough Molde fotballby even before Røkke could afford his first privatjet.

Everyone is lashing out against Molde and specially Røkke, except the local paper in Molde.

Here is an article that shows that OGS also has former players (Riise, Lundekvam, Stavrum) at his side.

Link

"Incredibly whining from Molde»

John Arne Riise is engaged at Solskjaer's side.

(Dagbladet): It builds up to Isfront in Molde, with manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer on the one hand and Molde management and Røkke on the other.

Last night peaked when President Tarje Nordstrand Jacobsen told what Solskjaer had answered the three questions from Røkke - answers that Røkke reacted sharply.

Solskjaer said in part that he would leave Molde as soon as possible if the offer came from Aston Villa, and he wanted this case to bring with her trainer assistants Richard Hartis and Mark Dempsey, along with playmaker Magnus Wolff Eikrem.

- This shows what kind of game this is, said an upset Solskjaer to Romsdals Budstikke when he learned of the leak.

- Molde should act as peace brokers

Around midnight hired John Arne Riise in the case - and he is clear about which party he sympathizes most.

- Hope Ole Solskjaer G gets the job .. Incredibly whining from MFK ..., writes Riise on Twitter .

Earlier Molde striker Arild Stavrum, who was one of the three "S"-one of the club along with Solskjaer and (Ole Bjorn) Sundgot in the 90s, believes the club must now be included as a peacemaker instead of war stirs.

- If this should be resolved in a proper way of Molde, they must ensure that Ole Gunnar and Røkke talking together. There are those who are holding all the cards, and considering the success of Ole Gunnar had, should the rest of the club act as peace brokers, he said.

As long as they know what is said between the main characters of the matter seems Stavrum it's hard to believe anything substantial in one direction or the other, but he believes it is obvious that Solskjaer jump on any offer from Aston Villa.

- I do not know how many candidates wanted to work with, but he gets the offer from a big club, he must of course go. It is the best for his development and career, and it is also good for Norwegian football status to get a coach in such a big club in a big league. I do not think there is no choice for his part, he must do.

- All right that in case he takes the coaches and Wolff Eikrem?

- There will be a negotiations between the clubs. He has every right to buy players, and Molde, it will be very beneficial financially. He can buy five players if he wants, there are transitional sums boards. I understand that a supporter of Molde will be disappointed if it does, but ultimately it is good for Eikrem and the Norwegian national team. Seen from the outside it will be positive, says Stavum.

- Must think selfishly

One could have course argue that the benefits Molde will get if they reach a group of games in the Champions League will be greater than the sum they will receive by selling players - but the way into Europe's most prestigious club tournament is nevertheless very tough.

Former Premier League player and current TV 2 expert Claus Lundekvam understand the desires of both parties. But even if he feels it would be premature for Solskjaer to travel to England after a half season as head coach, he does not see how 39-year-old should be able to say no.

- It's a chance you almost can not give you. I think probably Ole Gunnar could be imagined a year or two in Norwegian football, and gained some more experience. It's early for him, but he has all the prerequisites for success. In a club like Villa I hope and believe that he would have time, with the name and reputation he has. I understand if he jumps at an offer from there. He must think about their own career and see selfish on what is best for him and his family. I can understand Røkke and Molde, too, but that's football, says Lundekvam to Dagbladet.

Good article, don't think its premature though :)

If it's any consolation there appeared to be only one idiot who went to lay odds at 10/1 on BetFair. It was up there for only about 30 seconds... I have money in my account and went to take the odds, but it had gone almost immediately.

Still got odds of 7/1 though.... haven't greened it up yet as I still think Ole will take the job. Almost a dead cert IMO.

I'm thinking its more 60% chance he will, which is my current thinking. If we hear nothing by Tuesday its not happening imho.

And they are heavily criticising the Molde CEO:

Link

Molde director criticized for "gross breach of trust"

* Did the media with supposedly confidential conversation Solskjaer

* Expert: - Appears as a small professional

* Leading labor lawyer: - Can the question whether he is suitable for the job

OSLO / SOLA (AP) Experts in employment law hudfletter (are laying into) Molde director Tarje N. Jacobsen after last night restored it to have been a close talk between him and manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.

Molde and Solskjaer held press conference on Saturday to put the matter died. Only hours later leaked Molde director answers to the three questions Røkke wanted answers to 17 of May. Jacobsen said that Solskjaer travel to England if he gets the chance.

The conversation between the manager and Jacobsen is by Solskjaer described as "confidential." Late last night he was upset that the content was reported in the media .

One of the leading labor lawyers, Jan Tormod Dege, characterizes Molde director's actions as "gross breach of trust" to Solskjaer, whose Jacobsen on its own has decided to publish the conversation.

- He breaks the general relationship of trust which must be between the director and employee. One can question whether he is liable to have this kind of job, says Dege to VG Nett.

Can go in the day

He has the support of the Head of Information Services, Hans Gjermund Gauslaa, who believes that such a breach of trust may have consequences for further cooperation.

- This is not very common to do, and it appears to be unprofessional in such a role, he said.

Molde director Tarje N. Jacobsen has not answered VG Nett inquiries on either phone or text message Sunday morning. Molde's chairman says Øystein Neerland following to the AP when asked what he thinks about that Solskjaer response to Røkke Saturday night became known in the media:

- From Molde FKS standpoint the situation is the same as it was during yesterday's press conference. Ole Gunnar is our manager.

- Do you understand that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer are upset that what he thought was a confidential conversation between him and Tarje N. Jacobsen is now known?

- I have and Ole Gunnar talked about.

- More we've talked to thinks this is a "gross breach of trust" from Jacobsen's page ...

- I have no comment.

Employment lawyer John Aage Hvardal the Codex law says that the duty of loyalty is primarily linked to the employee, but serious violations can also have consequences for the employer.

- If the employer commits a material breach of the duty of loyalty may ultimately provide the basis for the employee may terminate the employment contract and go in the day, he said.

Folk Custom

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is the Rica Hotel at Stavanger Airport Sola, where he and the players are preparing for tonight's game against Sandnes Ulf. Molde coach smiled and laughed when AP met the gang on a trip near the beach in the midday sun.

Associate Professor at the Norwegian School of Management, Bjorn Eriksen, says that no court decisions related to the feud, which Jacobsen has presented a supposedly confidential conversation with Solskjaer.

- There is more about manners than of law. A confidential call is a close call anyway and that should the director dealt with, says Eriksen to VG Nett.

NISO lawyer Erik Monsen do not understand why Jacobsen renders conversation.

- What purpose he has with it, I can not understand. I can not see that it can serve anyone. They should rather try to stand in a case that has escalated more than necessary, said Monsen.

- Should protect Molde

A clause in the contract release Solskjaer on short notice if he gets an offer and will be Premier League manager. January Tormod Dege also think Molde coach commits breach of trust if he takes the other employees if he were to go away to England.

- It is contrary to the general employee loyalty. His job is to protect the interests of Molde. The fact that he goes to England, he must be allowed as long as the contract does not indicate otherwise, but he has nothing to influence others in Molde to join him, says labor lawyer.

When it was announced that Aston Villa wanted to talk to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer , asked Aker-owner and one of Molde's most important partners, Røkke, the answers to three questions. These were the answers Jacobsen yesterday restored to VG :

- 1 Will you lead Molde of the season?

- It's a hypothetical question, but I get an offer, I will travel as soon as I can - probably after the game against Hønefoss (next Friday).

2. If / when you go from MFK, will you take with you some of the support in MFK?

- I want to bring Mark (Dempsey) and Richard (Hartis) (the two coaches that Solskjaer took to Molde).

3. If / when you go from MFK, will you take with you some of MFKs players?

- Yes, I want to make an offer to Magnus Wolff Eikrem.

He says Solskjaer told VG:

- It's hard to remember everything I said, but this renders the truth, "roughly," he says, but he would like to emphasize several things about his answer to the first question:

- My answer was that if Aston Villa will have a new manager and they want me, and I agree, they can not wait until after the season. It will naturally take place in the Norwegian holiday. Most likely with Hønefoss as the last match. A new manager must be in place from sesongoppkjøringen. It is the natural time.

WHy won't it happen after Tuesday if nothing is said? I think (IMHO) that the announcement was going to be made AFTER the final game on Friday as soon as the break came. I would say if no announcement by next Monday. But I have a feeling it is going to happen.

WHy won't it happen after Tuesday if nothing is said? I think (IMHO) that the announcement was going to be made AFTER the final game on Friday as soon as the break came. I would say if no announcement by next Monday. But I have a feeling it is going to happen.

Have written it again as my reply was messy but..

Things are either beyond the point of no return or closing in on it. If things are to go back the other way then we shall have no more contact, where-as if they are broken to the extreme, there is no point now in staying past tomorrow, even if he did say he would, that was before this all turned ugly.

And in my eyes, Villa now have to let Molde know if we wish to continue with OGS as a candidate and will do so tomorrow, things will happen now.

Nothing to gain for either OGS or Molde now. It can either break down further and very quickly after today or we tell them on Monday we will not make any more contact woth OGS.

True - but maybe seeing OGS is a professional (and Lerner ain't bad either) they may come to an agreement - Molde will get compensation - Ole will finish the 3 matches and join us. That;s what I think - but football's a funny old game isn't it so anything can happen - might find Ole resigns tonight and takes over in the morning!

OGS price has just come in quite a bit for no apparent reason... has something broken which hasn't hit here or twitter yet?

Bit of a betting noob here... but by "come in" do you mean they've gone down or gone up? :oops:

Have written it again as my reply was messy but..

Things are either beyond the point of no return or closing in on it. If things are to go back the other way then we shall have no more contact, where-as if they are broken to the extreme, there is no point now in staying past tomorrow, even if he did say he would, that was before this all turned ugly.

And in my eyes, Villa now have to let Molde know if we wish to continue with OGS as a candidate and will do so tomorrow, things will happen now.

If anything is going to happen today it'll be at Molde's game; body language, fan interaction, etc. Other than that I can't see any further developments until tomorrow, where it will no doubt go back into over drive.

As for thetrees cryptic clue, been thinking for an hour and I've got absolutely nothing! :)

I see it like this

Things are either beyond the point of no return or closing in on it. If things are to go back the other way then we shall have no more contact, where-as if they are broken to the extreme, there is no point now in staying past tomorrow. Yes he did say he would stay up to May 28th, that was before this all turned ugly.