No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

Solskjear arrived from this beauty to lerners private jet

OGS landed in Molde this morning with Norwegian. There will be a press conferense at 12.30 CET today at Aker Stadium. Molde representatives was just intervjued and was asked if Solsjkær will lead Molde against Sandnes Ulf tomorrow. He then said: I am pretty confident that he will.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently OGS is a nice guy and he has achieved some success overseas BUT I think the main concerne for most people should be if the next manager has Premier League experience otherwise we could be fighting a relegation battle again no matter how nice the manager is.

You can"t beat experience ?!

Apparently OGS is a nice guy and he has achieved some success overseas BUT I think the main concerne for most people should be if the next manager has Premier League experience otherwise we could be fighting a relegation battle again no matter how nice the manager is.

That was the argument in favour of McLeish.

Have you been asleep for the past two seasons?

Despite moving out around ten players and recruiting a similar number for a cumulative profit, Solskjaer found an effective system of winning, fluent football.

His favoured 4-3-3 formation revolves around a centre-forward spearhead supported by wingers who are programmed to track back whenever Molde lose possession, creating a 4-5-1 shape that is hard to break down.

Interestingly, his soft features bely a tougher edge. Earlier this season – a campaign in which his reigning champions are second, just one point behind leaders Stromgodset after nine games – Solskjaer showed his principles and a no-nonsense approach.

Insulted that one of his players had attempted to gain an unfair advantage by diving to try to win a penalty, he reacted by privately berating the culprit and publicly condemning the behaviour.

He is a man or morals. Always a squeaky clean character amid the ‘squeaky bum time’ pressure of a succession of silverware in Manchester, he is known in his homeland as a loyal, honest gent.

The same qualities which add to his appeal for Villa could also make him harder to prise away if he emerges from the interview process as the firm favourite.

Solskjaer has ambitions to manage in England but has barely scratched the surface of his Molde masterplan, while the proud family man would be wary of the disruption of uprooting his wife and three children back to England.

In fact, if he gets the Villa job it is thought he will return to his adopted country alone with his family staying in Norway.

He would certainly be guaranteed a warm welcome in Aston.

Good article by Mat > http://tinyurl.com/7zyr63o

It has to be the right type of experience and manager. Just because Mcleish was shite (and had prem experience) and houllier was shite (and had loads of experience) does not mean we should basically go to the other extreme and have a manager with no prem experience and very little managerial experience in total. Houllier and Mcleish were just poor managers. Would you say no to wenger or redknapp for example. Has to be the right manager.

Again can't believe the hype over ogs, it must be the name. I mean if it was an unknown Norwegian in charge of a small Norwegian club who had just won their league and who had been a manager for less than two years, how excited would you be then?

It has to be the right type of experience and manager. Just because Mcleish was shite (and had prem experience) and houllier was shite (and had loads of experience) does not mean we should basically go to the other extreme and have a manager with no prem experience and very little managerial experience in total. Houllier and Mcleish were just poor managers. Would you say no to wenger or redknapp for example. Has to be the right manager.

Again can't believe the hype over ogs, it must be the name. I mean if it was an unknown Norwegian in charge of a small Norwegian club who had just won their league and who had been a manager for less than two years, how excited would you be then?

I don't think it's the hype Richard, I think it's a genuine desire to see some excitement back in our Villa lives again.

Lambert is the pragmatists favourite for the job, but I get the impression that even though a return to Mon style football with a bit more tactical nous would be much better than the last two seasons it would still be uninspiring.

I think that Villa fans deserve more excitement and entertainment for their considerable investment in AVFC. That's what the clamour for OGS is all about imo.

Jesper Mathisen who plays for Start in the Norwegian league has just tweeted:

(translated)

And as of this writing is Molde players informed that OGS leads his last game as Molde boss tomorrow against Sandnes Ulf. # Villa Villa

Anyone starting to think this wont happen. OGS taking training and meeting the board members it seems that way

Right now I think the situation is that the talks have suggested that both parties are interested, now it's up to Villa to make an official approach and agree terms but things like this can't be done on a handshake in 20 minutes - the lawyers have to get involved for the contractual side.

Yes, but the reason he is a big name is because he spent the best part of 15 years at the most successful, best run Club in the Premier League.

An unknown Norwegian would be exactly that - unknown - because he doesn't have League Winners medals, FA Cup winners medals or League Cup Winners medals, and he probably wouldn't have scored the winning goal in a Champions League final. The reasons that make Solskjaer a big name are all rooted in his vast experience of our league and working under and alongside the best in the business.

It's called pedigree - and its the kind that an unknown from any of Europe's peripheral leagues would not have. He wouldn't have played at the highest level, he wouldn't have studied under the greatest manager of all time and he wouldn't have coached one of the best groups of young players in this country whilst learning his trade.

So in this respect, yes, you're right - if it was a complete unknown that had just won the Norwegian league, nobody would be excited. It's because Solskjaer has so much more going for him that has created such a buzz.

One of the main reasons I'm excited about the prospect of OGS is because it's a risk. The board are taking a gamble and it's one that I think is worth taking.

Don't you think the board took a gamble when they appointed Eck?

Not really. It was a guaranteed loss. Bit like playing Russian Roulette with a semi-automatic pistol.

I'm all up for OGS.

Who are these better and more experienced candidates that keep getting mentioned who can change the philosophy of the club in the same way that OGS would want too?

Martinez? Higly doubt he will come

Rogers? Highly doubt he will come. Plus i'm unsure, works on the foundations that Martinez created, could he revamp it completely here whilst doing it alone? I'm not sure.

Lambert? Yeah would be good, we probably have a chance of

getting him. But would he change things that much? I'm not sure. Though, would be happy with this appointment. Albeit a little boring.

Poyet? - No Premier League experience.

AVB? No chance - plus awful Premier League experience.

OGS - No Premier League experience as a manager.

All I want from a manager at this point is to change our style of play, work on the movement of the players, work on keeping the ball on the ground, devlop the youth. Once those are sorted, results will follow.

Even if we did get OGS i'd expect nothing from the first season 'cos there's a lot to change, I think he'd be given time. IMO we need to take a risk as a club, because these past two seasons with "safe" candidates have just been awful.

One of the main reasons I'm excited about the prospect of OGS is because it's a risk. The board are taking a gamble and it's one that I think is worth taking.

Don't you think the board took a gamble when they appointed Eck?

I don´t think Eck was a gamble - we all knew how shite he would be - and were sadly proven right.

Can´t see how Solskjær is much of a gamble, really. A decade of playing for the most successful club and manager in the country, a couple of seasons coaching the reserves at OT followed by instant success in Molde.

How many of the managers linked with us the last couple of seasons have won the league recently?

Molde is holding a press conference in 10 mins, although it will be mostly in norwegian, you can follow it here http://www.vgtv.no/#!id=53294

Yes, but the reason he is a big name is because he spent the best part of 15 years at the most successful, best run Club in the Premier League.

An unknown Norwegian would be exactly that - unknown - because he doesn't have League Winners medals, FA Cup winners medals or League Cup Winners medals, and he probably wouldn't have scored the winning goal in a Champions League final. The reasons that make Solskjaer a big name are all rooted in his vast experience of our league and working under and alongside the best in the business.

It's called pedigree - and its the kind that an unknown from any of Europe's peripheral leagues would not have. He wouldn't have played at the highest level, he wouldn't have studied under the greatest manager of all time and he wouldn't have coached one of the best groups of young players in this country whilst learning his trade.

So in this respect, yes, you're right - if it was a complete unknown that had just won the Norwegian league, nobody would be excited. It's because Solskjaer has so much more going for him that has created such a buzz.

Do you want Ince or Bruce or Mclaren ? They all have the same "pedigree"

Do you want Ince or Bruce or Mclaren ? They all have the same "pedigree"
No they don't.