No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could there be some classic psychology at play here...

Rather like the limited offer principle. As in when there is a threat that a reasonably attractive offer might be withdrawn, even if it is not the initially preferred offer it becomes exponentially more attractive due the fear of missing out.

So, I think most people's initial reactions were to feel a bit surprised, not quite sure about the idea of OGS. I know those were my reactions. Then it might have grown on a few of us, but as soon as it seems that the possibility might be fading, the deal might be withdrawn... we're all desperate for him to come, convinced that THIS is the deal we need to make. No other option could possibly be as good. We mustn't miss out!

And of course, I feel the same. :)

What I'm wondering is... are the club doing this on purpose? :shock: :)

What's all this jive about Molde's investors threatening to pull out of the club if OGS comes to us? Mat Kendrick has just said that his Norwegian counterparts are saying that Molde have confirmed this... As he suggests, does this not seem like a major dose of emotional blackmail?

Like a desperate girlfriend saying "Fine, leave me for that more attractive girl. But if you do I'LL KILL MYSELF!"

It does worry me to be honest. Ole seems like a genuinely good guy and he might find it hard to up sticks if it means leaving Molde in serious trouble.

True, but it seems the Norwegians, and even Molde fans are seeing things from OGS's point of view. Is this the case, Norwegians?

What's all this jive about Molde's investors threatening to pull out of the club if OGS comes to us? Mat Kendrick has just said that his Norwegian counterparts are saying that Molde have confirmed this... As he suggests, does this not seem like a major dose of emotional blackmail?

Like a desperate girlfriend saying "Fine, leave me for that more attractive girl. But if you do I'LL KILL MYSELF!"

It does worry me to be honest. Ole seems like a genuinely good guy and he might find it hard to up sticks if it means leaving Molde in serious trouble.

This was my thoughts exactly, although I read somewhere that Rokke was to pull out of investments regardless of OGS contact with Villa. If i was OGS id be pretty pissed being held as a scapegoat!!

Ooh-Ah wrote:

its not a threat, they have confirmed that they will pull out! OGS mentioned that Røkke must have thought of this for a long time. But, I can assure you: Røkke out means Solskjær out.

Where can I get the best odds? I reckon I'll trow a few hundred on.

:shock:

"a few hundred"????

Lend me £50?

Hah, I play poker for a living so I tend to spend money easily.

Very nice. I played professionally for sometime also; but then needed to get a mortgage so got a "proper" job. Must admit I prefer playing for fun now rather than money.

Rather like the limited offer principle. As in when there is a threat that a reasonably attractive offer might be withdrawn, even if it is not the initially preferred offer it becomes exponentially more attractive due the fear of missing out.

So, I think most people's initial reactions were to feel a bit surprised, not quite sure about the idea of OGS. I know those were my reactions. Then it might have grown on a few of us, but as soon as it seems that the possibility might be fading, the deal might be withdrawn... we're all desperate for him to come, convinced that THIS is the deal we need to make. No other option could possibly be as good. We mustn't miss out!

You raise an interesting point, Intercourse, (ha!). I think that video has a lot to do with the clamour, though. He comes across as impossible to dislike, dedicated and serious. Plus a lot of people who know a bit about him have posted on this thread singing his praises.

When it was apparent that Randys jet was going to Norway the odds were 8-1 and I only put £20. Feel like a right mug now. :cry:

When it was apparent to me that the jet was going to Kristiansund the odds were 40-1.

Then I told you lot before I got my bets on.

Mug of the week, me :winkold:

haha... a lesson well learnt!

Putting all of us before yourself.... silly boy!

Thank you though!! :oops: :oops:

If i was OGS id be pretty pissed being held as a scapegoat!!

I believe that is spot on. OGS is left as the scapegoat. Well timed pull out from Røkke. He was looking for an opportunity to pull out and not getting the blame himself, this was it... my thoughts anyway...

Perhaps it would help if we could suggest some suitable location for him to resettle his wife and children in and around the Birmingham.

Having seen the MUTV clip it would obviously help if it had fjords, mountains and the odd lobster or two !

Solihull then...

There's a vacant property in Dorridge now that Alex has moved to Alcester.....

The thing about OGS is that he's an unknown quantity. With a lot of managers out there you know the best you can hope for is mid-table. With OGS you get the impression that he could be a huge success. Obviously nobody's expecting him to do anything spectacular (should he get the job) but I'd rather take a punt on him than someone like Curbishley.

You're right mate it's messing with my head ...I'm even waking at night thinking about ....damn human psychology

You raise an interesting point, Intercourse, (ha!). I think that video has a lot to do with the clamour, though. He comes across as impossible to dislike, dedicated and serious. Plus a lot of people who know a bit about him have posted on this thread singing his praises.

Yeah, I'm only kind of half-serious, half-tongue-in-cheek with this :)

I must admit, like many, the idea of OGS at the helm at VP was growing on me before the doubts over the deal emerged.

Only since then, other people have said things like "I want OGS even more than Pep!" And I find myself agreeing with them!

And course the club wouldn't do something like that to play the fans on purpose... or would they... :)

True, but it seems the Norwegians, and even Molde fans are seeing things from OGS's point of view. Is this the case, Norwegians?

im swedish but im sure that will do ;) been reading the tweets on the norweigan webpage, as well as the comments. most of them seem to take Oles side, even though the prospect of seeing him leave is sad they are still happy for him! i dont think anyone in norway expected him to stay there for any extended period of time!