No Longer Interested: (Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - Molde FK)

VillaGoMarching

MM, Gazton.... A lot of news sources suggesting OGS is just coming for talks and is not even the preferred choice for the job.

Is it definitely a done deal for OGS? I hope so!

Yeah but what you've got to remember is that the media didn't even know about him going out there until he was already there. Also, I really can't imagine Randy would go through all the trouble of going out there and bringing him here and risking blowing the whole thing if it was just for an interview. I'm not ITK but I should imagine he's coming over to sign on the dotted line and maybe give a press conference today (or Monday). He'll then probably go back to Norway and see out 2 or 3 games and then they apparently have a short period of time where there are no games being played.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny thing about the private jet thing is that was obviously offered to Ole as a way of getting him here and avoiding media/public speculation! He may as well just have gone easy jet wearing a villa shirt!

To be honest I do consider this and could probably have kept schtum until this morning.

But, the fact that I don't post anywhere else, or tweet, and the fact that people reference back to VT, makes the press (British at least) wary of the information, as it is very speculative and very single source.

As the day wore on yesterday a couple of our real ITK contributors were able to confirm OGS, but perhaps they wouldn't have been able to make an initial indication.

And Messrs Lerner and Faulkner, who really do care about what the supporters think (despite the AM appointment), have had a useful day's, generally positive, feedback. They will be buoyed by this.

So, looking back over yesterday, I think that everyone's a winner.

Reading what OGS has said about the way he wants his teams to play I'd imagine a few of our players have squeeky bums this morning - yes J Collins, A Hutton, I'm looking at you.

If he comes in then its a smart move by Randy IMO. I await more news throughout the day - just a shame I cant sit on VT all day pressing the F5 key :D

When has Gazton EVER failed us??!!!

"Welcome OLE" - it's as good as official as far as I'm concerned.

Also why send an empty jet to Norway? Lerner would have gone their to talk to him surely & saved about £20K?

I'll be happy to finish firmly in mid-lower table with better football than this last season. But I can just feel that we'll start badly and then have a great run (like he did at Molde) and end up finishing in that pack just behind Europe with Newcastle, Everton and Fulham (and ahead of Martinez's 10th placed Liverpool).

Genuinely excited.

Have I woken up in some parallel universe? Just read 8 pages of VT and it's all positivity and excitement. It's either that, or it's 2006 again.

Everything does seem to suggest that AML's reign was pretty much over a month ago at least, question is how much contact there's already been with OGS or any other candidates/agents behind the scenes.

When has Gazton EVER failed us??!!!

"Welcome OLE" - it's as good as official as far as I'm concerned.

Also why send an empty jet to Norway? Lerner would have gone their to talk to him surely & saved about £20K?

I know Julie. It is because I want this appointment to happen over the likes of Martinez or Lambert. I would be massively dissappointed if it didn't!

I'd be very happy with this, but it makes me wonder why we couldn't have got someone like this a year ago. Obviously Ole was barely into his first season then so he wouldn't have been on the radar, but why did we have to go with a proven failure in McLeish instead of take a gamble on some young manager from abroad?

:wave: Goodbye Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Hutton :wave:

:D:D

Should see Clark take up his rightful place at the heart of our defence now as he can pass the ball out to midfield and he's young. Type of player OGS seems to like. Also think Weimann will be very good under him, he already reads the game fairly well, great movement etc think he'll flourish under OGS.

As long as we dont see Gardner, Clark, Grealish (who already gets taken to meals at Ferdinands restaurant), Graham etc groomed for Utd (and Randy doesnt accept any lowish bids) we could be looking good after 3/4 years with OGS!

im still not sure why the amount of love for OGS?

i havent seen his team play,

i havent much of an idea how good or comptetive the norwegian league is,

i dont play championship manager or what ever it is now called?

i do know that mclaren won the dutch league in pretty much the same sort of circumstances, taking a team unfancied to win it to winning it.

so im not going to be jumping up and down with delight, but as he is an unknown quanitity, im also not going to be hanging myself.

i would obviously prefer van gaal or hitzfeld but hey ho, im sure we all want someone slightly different

it would certainly be a huge ( and i really do mean HUGE) gamble, my concern is it was another recommendation from fergie who seems to take great delight in handing out shit info which our board for some reason treat as pure gold, when in reality it has been pure green.

Have I woken up in some parallel universe? Just read 8 pages of VT and it's all positivity and excitement. It's either that, or it's 2006 again.

Well for all the positivity... I still say unless ALL the rotten apples are chucked out the barrel by the start of next season, then I don't care WHO the next manager is they won't fair much better then the previous incumbents.

Still I don't expect much movement until after the holidays & possible the Euros, so for the time being it will be good to see the fans happier & united behind a young & hungry manager who obviously is passionate about playing football the right way.

I decided to take the advice from a few off here yesterday and do some research/watch the video etc, and whilst my disappointment / nervousness around OGS has not totally gone, I'm a lot more comfortable/positive about the decision now. He seems to have a vision & philosophy that we could really benefit from. I wanted a big name, bit reality says thats not happening anytime soon. I'm happy to take OGS over a Martinez, lambert, Rodgers & I'm delighted we are not just going down the old jobs for boys route - Curbs / McCarthy / Bruce etc.

So overall, happy, excited and lets hope he signs on the dotted line and we move forward in harmony this season.

The funny thing about the private jet thing is that was obviously offered to Ole as a way of getting him here and avoiding media/public speculation! He may as well just have gone easy jet wearing a villa shirt!

To be honest I do consider this and could probably have kept schtum until this morning.

But, the fact that I don't post anywhere else, or tweet, and the fact that people reference back to VT, makes the press (British at least) wary of the information, as it is very speculative and very single source.

As the day wore on yesterday a couple of our real ITK contributors were able to confirm OGS, but perhaps they wouldn't have been able to make an initial indication.

And Messrs Lerner and Faulkner, who really do care about what the supporters think (despite the AM appointment), have had a useful day's, generally positive, feedback. They will be buoyed by this.

Assuming they're not close to signing up AVB then I think the bit in bold is key. I would prefer OGS to all other candidates (including Martinez and Lambert) Are we sure that RL and PF will have people monitoring the forums - could we email a link to this thread to them?

Oh yeah, and thank you very much Trees if this comes off. A lot of us might be making a lot of money out of this. :cheers:

As should this website I hope , what with all these VT members sharing the new found wealth.....

What's Laursen actually doing at the moment anyway? Obviously a magnificent player but I think he needs more experience outside Villa first.

Assuming they're not close to signing up AVB then I think the bit in bold is key. I would prefer OGS to all other candidates (including Martinez and Lambert) Are we sure that RL and PF will have people monitoring the forums - could we email a link to this thread to them?

They know, just like they knew how unhappy we were with McLeish when he was first appointed.

Why are people acting like this is a done deal? I would be happy if it is, yet there is no concrete evidence that it's done and dusted. It could all fall through.

Here's hoping it goes smoothly and he signs the dotted line today.