A record-breaking season

NormandyVillan

Someone correct me if I’m wrong here, but it seems to me that this season we have seen:

* The fewest Villa home wins in a season (4) EVER since the Football League was created in 1888.

* The equal fewest Villa home League goals (20) EVER (equalling O’Leary’s last season and O’Neill’s first).

* If we fail to win our last game, the equal fewest Villa wins overall in a season (7) EVER (equalling our 7 wins in only 22 games in 1889-90 and 1890-91). Or, if we somehow win at Norwich, our fewest since 1986-87.

* Unless we score 5 at Norwich (hmmm...) the fewest goals scored by Villa in a season since 1969-70, and the fewest EVER in the top flight.

* The equal highest number of draws by any team in a Premier League season (17), a record we already share; or, if we draw yet again in our last game, the highest ever.

* Possibly some other records I have missed?

All I can say is, thank God we’ve been so awfully good at drawing. Otherwise I might have been tempted to say this has been a somewhat poor season by our standards...

Should we fail to win against Norwich McLeish will have the lowest win percentage of any Villa manager ever. He has the joint lowest at the moment.

Not trying to defend him or anything, but oddly enough, if we win or draw at Norwich (well, if we draw, I mean...), and he resigns / is sacked before the start of next season, he will also have left with the lowest away defeat percentage of any Villa manager ever.

How we'll miss him if that happens. The king of the boring away draw will be gone.

I was born in 1991, Started supporting Villa when I was about 10/11. And I have to say this is the worst season as a Villa fan, Yes its been record breaking, but for all the wrong reasons -_-. I want the AVFC that I fell in love with back!

1991? So it looks like we're on course for fewest wins, fewest goals and fewest points since before you were born...

(That reminds me, I forgot to mention points: our lowest points total in the Premier League is already in the bag after yesterday. I suppose that would be another stat to list under "satisfactory progress, could do better").

I've been following Villa since 1988 and this is BY FAR the worst team/season I have ever seen. Most games we've had about 40% possession or less, we've had less than 8 shot per game on average, how we haven't got relegated, well it's been some kind of miracle. I actually believe only Wolves have been worse than us this season and they were unlucky against us, completely battered us for 30 at there place.

The second half of the season has been quite frankly horrible. The two wins we got was because of two worldys from Keane a loan player, and the Fulham keeper dropping the ball in the last min. I can't think of to many I think we deserved anything out of, and a lot of games have run in the same order, such as start well for 20-30 mins take the lead, sit back 1-1. Same all the **** time. The biggest problem this season hasn't been the players, it's the manager and the tackticks. I truly think most of our players have put decent shifts in. But the attacking players haven't been able to express themselves and have spent most of the 90mins chasing the ball as the rest of the players ate so deep. Things like these don't change with better players. Awful tackticks still stand out. The guy is clueless and out if his depth.

1990 when I started. Never seen it this bad, ever. Not even the DoL or Graham Taylor 2002-03 comes close to this. We've got a shit CEO, a shit manager, shits of players that couldn't give a shit being at the club and, after much delay with a reluctance to accept it, a pretty shit owner.

Must do another 2006, absolutely everything needs to change.

Lowest attendances this century? I agree with everyhting said within the thread so far. All good reasons for McLeish to leave the club, forceably or not. Position untenable, call it mutual consent, call it the fans not giving him a chance, I don't care, just get rid.

* The equal highest number of draws by any team in a Premier League season (17), a record we already share; or, if we draw yet again in our last game, the highest ever.

am sure we have either drawn most games in Premier League history or top flight history. Might be both

Â