General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

I've said all along that we had a REAL chance of getting AVB after Houllier - although only if he'd been promised a decent war chest.

Now? Too late.

AVB ? are you guys serious ? The most costly manager to date and you think were in with a chance...when the likes of Martinez/Lambert are ruling themselves out. :bang:

Eh?

Thread title is 'Who do you want as next Villa manager??'

AVB is my answer.

If the thread title gets changed to 'Who do you think will be our next manager???' then I'll gladly change.

however....It's a tad unfair saying someone who has just won 2 cup finals AND acheived far better results with CFC than we did under Mcleish the last half of the season would be a gash manager whereas a completely untried PL manager would be a success.

The OGS love in would have lasted how long next season had we not won a game come October?

I think the more apt comparison would be his performance at WBA, jot Chelsea. Having said that, his league performance at Chelsea was inferior to his sacked predecessor too.

RDM would be a very uninspiring choice IMO.

I've said all along that we had a REAL chance of getting AVB after Houllier - although only if he'd been promised a decent war chest.

Now? Too late.

We never had a chance then Mike did we?

Now? Too late.

I could have sworn he cost chelski 11/12m just to get him from porto because he was predicted the next 'Special one' Never mind his wages. Us on a tight budget... Absolute no chance now your right.

I've heard that they are thinking of offering it to the Coco the Clown from Billy Smarts Circus. Personally I think he'd fit in quite well...And if all else fails they could go back to Mcleish...

Am getting pissed off with all of this now, and the longer it goes on the more I think its gonna be Simon Grayson, a disaster in the making.

Someone on H+V saying..

'I have been told:

THE NEW MANAGER WILL BE ANNOUNCED BEFORE THIS WEEKEND. PROBABLY TOMORROW.

No point speculating further. Sorry for shouting.'

Probably bullshit but we all love speculation, right.