General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

The 3 i wanted were Lambert, OGS and Martinez, but one have ruled themselves out and my least favourite of the 3 is left.

I hate being a Villa fan sometimes. A shite appointment after all that has happened in the last week will send me over the edge.

what would you chaps think about zola?

Similar option to OGS but with a season in the prem.

I would love to see zola at villa.

Would prefer Poyet ( I think the two are similar)

Still hoping for the Lambert thread to be reopened

I was eargerly looking forward to see how OGS might do in the PL....because he was NEW.

however....It's a tad unfair saying someone who has just won 2 cup finals AND acheived far better results with CFC than we did under Mcleish the last half of the season would be a gash manager whereas a completely untried PL manager would be a success.

or FSW would be gash compared to him...

or indeed AVB wouldn't be so exciting....

The OGS love in would have lasted how long next season had we not won a game come October?

Would Zola be capable of sorting out the troublemakers in Villa? Didn't seem the type when he was in West Spam.

True, he could just sell them though.

Definately want to see one of the younger managers get a chance here.

I'm taking it that these people are "ruling" themselves out as they know they weren't in with a chance

so go back to Off Topic and prepare for a mind blowing appointment in a few days

Are you trying to say that the likes of paul lambert//OGS arent big enough?

I can't find anything about Lambert ruling himself out, certainly nothing on news now at the minute.
I think that is based on his post match comments last night

I'm taking it that these people are "ruling" themselves out as they know they weren't in with a chance

so go back to Off Topic and prepare for a mind blowing appointment in a few days

Are you ITK? You've always come across like you know something.

no I don't have any contacts or info on Villa stuff

wasn't aware I'd given that impression , certainly not intentional ... it was a mix of resignation / expectation that I used the phrase "mind blowing " appointment

I just think these managers were all silent and suddenly trying to distance themselves as if to pretend they aren't annoyed to have been overlooked

Tbh I don't know who I want. I didn't know I wanted OGS until it was obvious that he was under consideration. Though I don't know who I do want I do know who I don't want. Roberto di matteo is not a manager I'd want to see at Villa. I'm not going to join the argument as to whether or not he's luckiest son of bitch to have ever won Champions League but rather I'm of the opinion that he works well with well paid veteran players who have had loads of previous CL experience:) There is nothing about his style of management or tactics that indicates that he would be great with younger players. We know our old crotchity veteran players are NOT going to work hard enough and care big enough to bring their best effort every game. We need someone who can inspire our young core of first teamers to play real football and play with pride. RDM isn't that guy in my opinion of course.