General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

For me it's now between Martinez and Lambert. Out of the two I think Lambert is the most lightly. Randy needs to be in the faces of these guys making something happen.

lambert firmly stating he is staying put and martinez who is in talks with liverpool?

Valhalla, your not understanding his point, we can only have one manager! Draw a list of say 5 managers, target the one you want, if you get a no move onto target 2, by the sounds of it OGS was always an outside so why the hell send a plane to collect him i'll never know, if we had exhausted all our other options we then go for him.

I'm finding it hard to whip much enthusiasm for this question ATM.

RL & PF had a chance to be decisive and they failed again. I think it's going to be difficult to get anybody good to come now. They just don't understand how this process works. You don't draw up a shortlist, interview them, and then go away and ponder in football.

You ponder (and research), decide and then offer the job.

I agree with virtually all of that, and I never had OGS as first choice. However with him was an opportunity to unite the fan base after two years of division amongst many in and out of the club

I am hoping that the Lambert thread does not remain locked for long!

RDM is another big no for me. I can't believe we'd turn down OGS for him.

What is this we turned down OGS buisness some people keep going on about. We didn`t turn down OGS, he pulled out of the process for his own reasons.

Di matteo and martinez are both better managers than him anyway. At least they have proved they can manager in the prem.

Work off the facts not fantasy and conjecture.

Di Matteo has not shown he can manage in the Prem. His results led to the sack with WBA, and the senior players ran the show at Chelsea once AVB was sacked. Yes, they defended their way to the big prize, but also failed miserably in the league.

It seems that OGS was our back-up plan. Do we no longer need a back-up plan? You keep your options open and we should have been telling OGS that he was very much in the frame until such time as we were ready to jump one way or the other. Either we failed in keeping our options open or we are ready to announce our new manager imminently. I strongly suspect the former and that is a big black mark against Randy and PF , if true.

Di Matteo has not shown he can manage in the Prem. His results led to the sack with WBA, and the senior players ran the show at Chelsea once AVB was sacked. Yes, they defended their way to the big prize, but also failed miserably in the league.

If we bring in Di Matteo I will be utterly disappointed.

What is this we turned down OGS buisness some people keep going on about. We didn`t turn down OGS, he pulled out of the process for his own reasons.

Di matteo and martinez are both better managers than him anyway. At least they have proved they can manager in the prem.

This is why i come on this forum, the comedy.

It seems that OGS was our back-up plan. Do we no longer need a back-up plan? You keep your options open and we should have been telling OGS that he was very much in the frame until such time as we were ready to jump one way or the other. Either we failed in keeping our options open or we are ready to announce our new manager imminently. I strongly suspect the former and that is a big black mark against Randy and PF , if true.
Seems that way. I'm trying to hold off judgement until we actually get a manager in but at the moment I feel completely lost and can't help but think that we've **** this one up again.

If we bring in Di Matteo I will be utterly disappointed.

Agreed. I fear it may be him though.

Di Matteo has done well at Chelsea in the cups has he shown he can manage the grind of the league? league results dropped of at Chelsea and fi nishing out of the top 4 was not good for him, it was one thing they wanted from him in terms of the league. Yes he won two cups there but for me the jury is very much out on him. Like others have said if we appoint him it will not thrill me.

This is why i come on this forum, the comedy.

Sorry, I thought you said that Di Matteo had proved he could manage in the Premiership. I must be going blind!

The only way that this doesn't come out as a **** up by Lerner and Faulkner is if there is somebody exciting already lined up - probably from outside the UK because I don't think we will find anyone good there who wants to come. I'm basing this on the assumption that he wasn't offered the job which most say is the case.

Solskjær would have been a risk but the potential of something exciting happening with him was always there. He would also have brought some long awaited good feeling and optimism to the club along with uniting a tired and frustrated fan base.

Valhalla, your not understanding his point, we can only have one manager! Draw a list of say 5 managers, target the one you want, if you get a no move onto target 2, by the sounds of it OGS was always an outside so why the hell send a plane to collect him i'll never know, if we had exhausted all our other options we then go for him.

I do understand the point and i disagree with it.

You can`t decide who your number one target is before you have met them, unless you are an idiot.

So you interview all of the people you are interested in and then decide.