General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Surely the managers that are in the running will have it in the back of their mind just how vicious us Villa fans can be?

Would any of them, (esp Mick McCarthy) be stupid enough to volunteer themselves to go through the hatred that was directed at AM?

It would certainly put me off the job if my footballing management career wasn't too good or I was already an unpopular choice for the fans.

Surely the managers that are in the running will have it in the back of their mind just how vicious us Villa fans can be?

Doubt it. All fans can be vicious. If they're worried about that then I'd suggest a change of profession.

My last post now on the Manager bit we have shared PM's me and Father Abrahams and both now understand why we both are saying what we have said about McCarthy . I maintain there is no interest whatsoever in him at all from Villa's :!: .

McCleish totally hold my hands up on that I was told by JF who normally is pretty spot on with the info there was no chance he was coming . I assumed he had spoken with the normal mutual contact he hadn't so the trouble with assuming is it makes an ass out of you .

In Feb of this year I was told at the Fulham game there was no way they were getting rid of AM then around the Chelsea game that started to change any by Bolton he was a gonner .

There are some pretty good ITK people on here who were spot on with the DB story not just me there are some on here who I think have some good info on the Manager chase but don't want to put it on here because of the abuse you get .

I don't know who we are in for and just think this time they will listen and go for the obvious candiates , not sure if we can get them though .

Sorry about the Grammar but blame Villa they stopped me concentrating when I was doing my English O level :oops:

Cheer MM

Funny how no one is clamering for Owen Coyle, yet just 10 months ago he was one of the fan favourites.

Lambert or Rodgers could very easily go the way of Owen Coyle next season.

Coyle now has played his hand in 2 relegations in 3 seasons and in the one year he didnt get relegated he only achieved 39 points with Bolton. That being said only had till Jan at Burnely the year they went down before leaving for Bolton. I'd be very surprised if he doesnt have them back up at first attempt, think he's a good manager and a lot of Bolton fans would agree. Tried to change too much too fast there in a similar way to Houiller and paid the price, then he'd to abandon ship, bring on Kevin Davies & play hoofball. Think he'll put his own stamp on the team this summer and get them back up.

Coyle is still a good manager I believe. He just needs to turn it around at Bolton and his stock will rise again. I wouldn't bring in a manager who is coming off a bad season just in case that's the start of a run of bad results.

It will not be McCarthy...it goes against everything the club has said since Mcleish was axed.

They have **** up once and i think they genuinely realise how bad said **** up was.

It doesn`t, These are the same people who thought mcleish was good. In their minds everything they have said may apply to macCarthy.

I dismissed this earlier, but i have a very bad feeling about it. He follows the logic of the last two appointments.

And as far as faulkners radio comments go, we are are assuming that randy lerner wants the same type of manager as paul faulkner.

Might not be the case.

Well the Shrposhire Star seem convinced we've contacted Mick.

The Shropshire Star can reveal that McCarthy, who is on holiday in Florida at the moment, had a telephone conversation with Faulkner late last night as Villa started to widen their search to replace Alex McLeish, who was sacked by owner Randy Lerner earlier this week.

http://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/2012/05/16/mick-mccarthy-is-shock-new-name-for-aston-villa/#ixzz1v1oqEgwX

They surely wouldn't do it twice would they? Hasn't McCarthy been relegated 3 times from the premier league?

I'd usually ignore rubbish like this to be honest but with Faulkner heading the hunt you never know. He's the dozy **** who thought McLeish was a good idea so putting nothing past him.

Read carefully. It doesn't say we contacted McCarthy. It says McCarthy "had a telephone conversation with Faulkner" - even if true, that could just be Mick phoning up to put his name forward, as I'm sure dozens of managers looking for a PL job have done over the last couple of days.

Surely with regards McCarthy, who has turned down certain jobs recently as he wants to stay in the premiership would have applied for the Villa job, someone would surely have notified him that said application had been received which the media see as us making contact with Mick McCarthy. Only logical explanation for me. Infairness to McLeish he had actually won a trophy for Blues this time last year and I think the board were blinded by that fact.

i think ALL interviews for the Villa Manager job should be done on the half way line at Villa Park in front of 30k + fans.

Just like the days of gladiator, fans vote with a thumbs up, thumbs down approach.

Randy Lerner then stands up to rapturous applause and delivers his approval/disapproval.

Failing managers then get wrapped in bubble wrap, have their heads cut off and stuck on a stick, which is planted on the centre circle to remind the next candidate of just how big a job this is and how demanding us fans are.

This

How do they find out he had a phone call with Faulkner without tapping his phone? Seriously unless someone was in Florida with a pair of binoculars aimed at the screen of his phone they would have no idea who he was phoning if he was phoning anyone at all.. The same goes the other way round unless the person that leaked this story was in his office at the time and saw the caller ID then there is no way in my mind that this could be known news..

If McCarthy does get hired, which I honestly believe he won't (but you know our board), then I will just sit down and cry for hours on end in a dark corner...

Haven't you learnt anything from Villa this season???? Nothing positive comes from corners!

If McCarthy does get hired, which I honestly believe he won't (but you know our board), then I will just sit down and cry for hours on end in a dark corner...

Would that be more or less crying compared to last managerial appointment?

Can we stop talking about Mick McCarthy getting the job since all credible contacts have said it's not going to happen? Villa statement suggests they want someone completely different anyway.

Please. Enough.

Got a horrible feeling about McCarthy. Surley lightining can't strike twice.

The vibe I am getting is that we will try for Lambert, Martinez, - but probably a token gesture 'try' - 'Can we speak to Paul' - 'No' - 'ok - what a shame - bye'

There can be no excusing Mccarthy - Gus Poyet would come - as would Alan Curbishley - those should be the very bottom line that we could easily deliver.

When people say 'clueless' they usually mean 'not very good' - But a MCcarthy appointment - Would just tell me we have a yank in charge - who wants to invest neither time or money - and the outlook for our club is not dissimilar to that of Blackburn.