General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Well, Abraham got it spot on about McLeish leaving. He came on Sunday night and said "calm before the storm". When somebody suggested that could mean McLeish was staying I said "I'm gonna break down in tears if the board back him" then he said "highly unlikely". Half a day later and McLeish was gone.

I think it's completely out of order to give MYSTERYMAN the stick he's getting. He gets useful titbits of info every now and then and passes it on. Yes, he called it wrong about McLeish's appointment but so what? Most of us couldn't believe it either and it's no surprise he was left out of the loop given the controversy surrounding that particular appointment. We all make mistakes!

For me, Lambert, AVB, Martinez. Rodgers as the outsider. Happy with any of those. Fat Sam, Mick Mack, Curbishley et al, jog on!!

How many of Chelsea's current stars did Ranieri sign back in the early Abramavich days? I'm just thinking that he started that dynasty and wondering how many of those team of today were formed by him, just shows his ability to build a team that lasts. The more I think about Ranieri the more I think he'd be a good appointment, and his win percentages are impressive.

Pre Abramovic he signed Lampard, Petit, Zenden, Gallas.

Post Abramovic he signed Duff, Bridge, J.Cole, G.Johnson, Veron, Crespo, Mutu, Makalele, Parker, Robben, Cech.