General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Martinez is a raving optimist (which I guess you'd have to be to manage Wigan...)

funny, that worries me too.

especially when his team have played shite.

one thing being positive another thing talking bollocks.

NO No No to Martinez,when is this club going to stop scraping the bottom of somebody elses barrel?You look for the cream not the crap!

Its always somebody who knows what bus passes Villa Park.

Bugger me Venger came from Japan, who we had never heard of.... shows the vision of David Dein.

They have to be sitting under our noses before we recruit.

worrying.

Martinez seems to turn good towards the end of each season, but people seem to forget some of the rubbish displayed during the rest of the time. Has to sell his best each year also, which certainly doesn`t help the cause.

My three candidates would be Martinez, Lambert & Di Matteo and for me tick the right boxes for us. All of them have worked to a moderate budget & have their teams set up to be positive, which is more than the previous incumbent!

For me, the manner in which the club have dealt with sacking McLeish & the statement which has accompanied it is a sign that Randy has made the decision rather than Faulkner. I suspect that whilst Randy clearly agreed with appointing McLeish he was prepared to let Faulkner make the decision but sees that it was clearly a monumental f-up!

I think we'll have a new man within 2 weeks!

Wigan can't defend for love nor money... Martinez would fit right in at B6 in IMO....

Dunne & Collins might as well stay put & they'd get away with doing even less next season to boot!

Martinez is an idealist, and naive. Wouldn't touch him with a bargepole. It's funny his stock rises for keeping lil' ole Wigan in the league, and yet nobody mentions that it's considerably on his head that struggle so much. Wigan are terrible 9 games out of 10.

Forget how he does it and when he gets his wins, keeping Wigan in the Prem every season is a bloody miracle, and he does it playing decent football, and by trying to win games. With the much better squad that we've got I don't think there's any doubt he'd do much much better. And in style.

NO No No to Martinez,when is this club going to stop scraping the bottom of somebody elses barrel?You look for the cream not the crap!

Its always somebody who knows what bus passes Villa Park.

Bugger me Venger came from Japan, who we had never heard of.... shows the vision of David Dein.

They have to be sitting under our noses before we recruit.

worrying.

Sorry, but Wenger was already champion with Red Diamonds successively, and well known in France before that as a poedantic Elsass Trainer. Had already class and style in his stride, and it is no coincidence that he nurtured possibly the best Arsenal side ever. Certainly knew his stuff before arriving in the UK. There were even interested teams in Germany at the time, including Stuttgart.

Sorry once again, but he was by no means an unknown.

I just want a manager with a good understanding of setting the side up to be attack minded. Not to just counter, but have a bit of guile and creativity going forward rather than a manager soley intent to relying on pace, being happy to sit deep and ultimately put pressure on the defence. Something that has happened all to often this season. I wouldn't mind a bit of culture down the Villa for a change. I believe given time Houllier wouldn't have done to bad. Brought some good players in however just couldn't sort the senior players out(Dunne,Collins).

I would like someone like Klinnsmann, Martinez, Rijkaard, Benitez. Poyet or Di Canio I think would be brilliant for the kids coming through however it might be a little early in their respective careers to give them the Villa job.

I wouldn't be to sure about Lambert being the right fit for Villa. For me he is good for a club like Norwich but Villa? Most teams who come up play out their skin first season and although they've done well I think we made them look good yesterday as we have done with many teams this season, especially with how shit we've been. Will they be as good next year? I have my doubts.

Klinsmann is currently managing the US team, and took Germany to the finals of the WC in 2006. Installed a new mentality in the German National team, which has been continued by Loew. I would happily have him step up to a managerial role at Villa....

I also would not like to see another ex SAF player here as manager. They always loose against their mentor. We should be competing against the likes, not buckling. That 4-0 was horrendous!