General Next Manager Topic?? (everything other than Lambert)

donnie

Don't we pay McLeish more than what AVB was earning at Chelski?

Not even close, McLeish 20k per week

AVB +£120k per week

Your maths is wrong.

Its widely agreed McLeish is on £2m per year which is more like 40k per week, 20k would be approx. £1m.

So getting rid of him would cost around £4m, a major stumbling block considering we already coughed up as much to get him released from Blose.

I'd like Martinez, Billic, Poyet.

Fresh from the ever reliable source of information that is Twitter:

Dean Jones ‏ @DJones_People

Slaven Bilic to leave Croatia job = He's on his way to the Prem

If true, you'd have to think it's to West Brom right? But I guess you never know in football...

Read yesterday that Billic is only on 200k PER YEAR as Croatia boss and two clubs in Russia were looking at him.

AVB +£120k per week

Your maths is wrong.

Its widely agreed McLeish is on £2m per year which is more like 40k per week, 20k would be approx. £1m.

So getting rid of him would cost around £4m, a major stumbling block considering we already coughed up as much to get him released from Blose.

Not if your losing £5m a season in ticket sales. 10,000 season tickets x £500 av price = £5m.

We can't afford to keep him!!

Said it since MON left: Bilic is my #1 choice.

I don't see why he should be unrealistic, and if the 200k per year is accurate (and i don't doubt it) he's even more attractive to us as a club.

We need new influenses and a new style of coaching and training.

If Bilic came here he'd bring young exciting players like Vrsaljko and Badelj from Dinamo not dross like Leon Best or Hutton...

It's not widely AGREED he is on £2m a year

That is misinformation

He was on 500k at SHA

He is on a max of 20k per week at villa and not getting any bonuses for performance

It's not widely AGREED he is on £2m a year

That is misinformation

He was on 500k at SHA

He is on a max of 20k per week at villa and not getting any bonuses for performance

Youre right as far as i am aware he is on £1m a year not £2m...

AVB +£120k per week

Your maths is wrong.

Not if your losing £5m a season in ticket sales. 10,000 season tickets x £500 av price = £5m.

We can't afford to keep him!!

I know what you are getting at but the average season ticket price is nowhere near £500.

I would love Bilic

I can imagine him raiding the eastern european market for quality youngsters and strong defensive players for next to nothing Croatia played nice football under him as well

Although its been reported that Benfica have offered him a 3 year deal at 10.5 million just paper talk but thats way out of price range

I would love Bilic

I can imagine him raiding the eastern european market for quality youngsters and strong defensive players for next to nothing Croatia played nice football under him as well

Although its been reported that Benfica have offered him a 3 year deal at 10.5 million just paper talk but thats way out of price range

Imagine an Ivanovic or Vidic type signing for under 10mil. Would be amazing stuff. Hopefully he can spot the next Luka Modric as well if he was to come on board.

I would love Bilic

Imagine an Ivanovic or Vidic type signing for under 10mil. Would be amazing stuff. Hopefully he can spot the next Luka Modric as well if he was to come on board.

The next Luka Modric (or close enough) is Milan Badelj, he even plays for Modric old club Dinamo. Bilic has him in the national team

Whilst I would love AVB, I sense a problem. He failed at Chelsea because he tried to revolutionise the team too quickly, wanted to remove the dead wood immediately etc.

This is exactly what needs doing at Villa. I am not convinced he could oversee this.

I'm sure I heard somewhere/saw on SSN that Bilic was leaving Croatia after the Euros... If so, would be very pleased with him (if he managed to get on with it after the competition)

No way we would get AVB, but if we did a quick revolution is exactly what we need. His problem was keeping Lampard, Drogba, Terry, Cole etc in the team. One or two of them should have been sold off straight away last summer to break up their hold on the club. Same with us, Dunne, Collins, Warnock and maybe Ireland. Break that up bring in better, younger, cheaper players and there we go. Leave them in the team and we get whats happened to us the last 2 seasons.

Whoever we get would be a step up from the current guy.

AVB, Lambert or Martinez would be great. They would be supported too, even if they flirt with relegation next season. We need to give them at least three years.

I`m not sure if Lerner has the guts to sack our current manager. He`d also do himself some good in getting rid of the current board of directors. Seems they are just as bad as our manager.

Sad to see this at our great club.

I`m not sure if Lerner has the guts to sack our current manager. He`d also do himself some good in getting rid of the current board of directors. Seems they are just as bad as our manager.

Sad to see this at our great club.

I fear this aswell, judging by McLeish latest comments he isn't going to make it any easier either (though that was expected)

Looking at the short list of possible new managerial targets .... Martinez, Lambert, Rodgers and Poyet, I think that the only one who could be described as a realistically "safe pair of hands" is Roberto Martinez. He has shown that he has the ability to keep a poor team in the Premiership, while seeking to improve that teams footballing ability.

The other three names haven't been tested at the painful end of the Premiership yet.

Looking at the short list of possible new managerial targets .... Martinez, Lambert, Rodgers and Poyet, I think that the only one who could be described as a realistically "safe pair of hands" is Roberto Martinez. He has shown that he has the ability to keep a poor team in the Premiership, while seeking to improve that teams footballing ability.

The other three names haven't been tested at the painful end of the Premiership yet.

Hasn't Lambert and Rodgers both kept a team in the premiership?? IMO doing what they've done with Swansea and Norwich is better than what Martinez has achieved with a more established club

Whatever we should take the risk and sign up Poyet - he will become a top class manager I just hope it is with us