Collymore critises Villa fans.

VillaGoMarching

What is it with us and ex-players-turned-pundits?

Alan McInally seems reasonably sharp. Good work, Alan.

Andy Gray was always very slow to talk us up. I never liked him anyway but I got the impression that he was weary of seeming biased, which is fair enough I suppose, but he took it too far IMO.

Paul Merson seems like a nice guy and I think he's pretty honest in his appraisals but he isn't exactly clever.

Dwight Yorke is an idiot who acts like he only ever played for Manchester United, choosing to completely ignore the fact that Graham Taylor found him on a beach in Trinidad. The guy can barely speak English (his first language) and when he does manage to spit out a vaguely coherent sentence it usually consists of praising United to the hilt, or his favourite refain: "He'll be bitterly disappointed with that." Numpty.

Tony Cascarino is an idiot. I really despise the guy and I wish the media would stop going to him for his opinion on Villa issues. Actually, I wish the media would stop going to him for his opinion on anything. It beggars belief that someone so stupid and annoying can forge a career for themselves in broadcast media.

Stan Collymore is an idiot. I wouldn't worry about anything he says, I doubt whether he has the will or the requisite intelligence to think anything through. As with Yorke and Cascarino, it's a sad indictment of our media to see someone as blatantly dim as Stan Collymore given a platform to air his "opinions" to the world.

And it's even sadder to see people get worked up about his half-baked "theories".

Can't quite believe most the comments on here about Collymore.

He is the most prominent Villa fan in the media and we should be happy we have one. There is no such thing as bad publicity.

He, like us, has the right to change his mind from time to time. We all find ourselves liking some people more than others and naturally would defend them more than the people we don't like so much.

He also has a right to his current career, which like it or not involves being confrontational to succeed. He might not necessarily believe some of the things he writes or says just like Mourinho. He is just trying to be the best in his current profession which the majority of us, if in his position, would do exactly the same.

Seriously, the guy is a Villa fan, has Villa's best interests at heart, doesn't agree with everyone and has made numerous mistakes in the past like the rest of us. These are no reasons be vilify him.

He is the most prominent Villa fan in the media and we should be happy we have one. There is no such thing as bad publicity.

He, like us, has the right to change his mind from time to time. We all find ourselves liking some people more than others and naturally would defend them more than the people we don't like so much.

He also has a right to his current career, which like it or not involves being confrontational to succeed. He might not necessarily believe some of the things he writes or says just like Mourinho. He is just trying to be the best in his current profession which the majority of us, if in his position, would do exactly the same.

Seriously, the guy is a Villa fan, has Villa's best interests at heart, doesn't agree with everyone and has made numerous mistakes in the past like the rest of us. These are no reasons be vilify him.

Again read the op. I don't care if he supports mcleish but attacking us in the media then blocking fans that disagree with him is **** irritating!

This

This

[/quote

But it's ok for him to vilify Money paying Villa fans?

This the Collymore who's such a massive Villa fan that he tooks millions out of the club whilst seemingly not giving a shit, when scoring for Racist Fc in front of the Holte gave it loads (yeah can imagine the likes of Ian Taylor doing the same), and used to watch Wolverhampton Wanderers as a youngster.

Villa fan my **** arse.**** off you total ring piece.

Thinking about it, he is just doing what his employers want on talkshite to make debate. If everyone agreed with him they wouldn't bother calling in I suppose. That t w at Duram is always spouting utter garbage to attract a call. I mean last week he was saying the only way Chelsea will beat Barcelona is to take Messi out the game??????

This

[/quote

Has he? Because the scan of the newspaper in the OP is simply saying he isn't joining in on the moaners...

I agree with him on this matter, it doesn't make sense right now... Mcleish isn't going to go before the end of the season so why are people not supporting the team in their hour of need?

Again read the op. I don't care if he supports mcleish but attacking us in the media then blocking fans that disagree with him is **** irritating!

Perhaps you should read the OP again...

I don't think it matters to the players anymore. They know the booing is towards McLeish and believe me half the players cant wait to see the back of him either fact!!

This

[/quote

Has he? Because the scan of the newspaper in the OP is simply saying he isn't joining in on the moaners...

I agree with him on this matter, it doesn't make sense right now... Mcleish isn't going to go before the end of the season so why are people not supporting the team in their hour of need?

I was buzzing when we bought Collymore but he just turned out to be a massive flop.

Since then with the things he has done off the pitch he has also proven to be a bit of a dick as well. I followed him on twitter for a bit but just got so bored of his arrogance I couldnt bother with him anymore and he'll often play the depression card. He may well suffer from it and its a terrible disease but its one he pulls out all too easily and often.

One other thing on Collymore and one I've never understood is this whole Villa fan thing. We have a mutual friend and when he grew up around Cannock he was a Wolves fan.

I've always found it hard to take anything Collymore says seriously. The guy was a massive disappointment as a player, but I just don't think he makes a credible pundit. I don't dislike him, but then again I don't rave about him as if he's my best friend.....I just don't think he's interesting enough

He's a chancer and he knows how to make a few quid by getting himself a few paragraphs in the paper, but who cares? Theres a long line of ex-Villa players whose opinion of the fans I'd take more to heart than the likes of Stan Collymore.

Perhaps you should read the OP again...

If there was a premier league table for moaning, aston villa would qualify for the champions league' That to me is just an attack on the clubs fans that he supposedly come from. I understand that he has to create sensationalism so people call in but I think this can be done without shitting on your own doorstep.

Yes they are. He is a tool.

Im I the only person who remembers him being interviewed by Chris Evans on his breakfast radio show in the 90s when he said he supported Wolves as a boy?

These years of supporting Villa only seem to start when he signed for us ala Robbie Keane.