Collymore critises Villa fans.

VillaGoMarching

I shall add Collymore to my ever growing mental list of people seemingly unaware of the actual definition of 'fickle'.

Here here. This is one of my ultimate pet hates. So many people bandy it around nowadays without actually knowing what it means.

But people who don't know it's "Hear, hear", not "Here here" may not be best placed to give us lectures on the meanings of words! :winkold:

zing! :lol:

LOL!

Surely 'here here' as in yes yes is correct - not 'hear hear' as in listen listen.... :?: imho

Nope. It's "Hear hear", as in "Hear him! Hear him!"

The "here" usage is just wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

In case you needed anymore proof of what a clown this bloke is:

Ex-Liverpool striker Stan Collymore: “Would a top class manager go to Liverpool? Form is temporary,class is permanent. One of a handful of global big boys. That’s the truth. Rijkaard,Van Basten would be good. Big men who’ve lived and breathed the big expectation Liverpool need this. Can’t gamble on maybe’s anymore. If FSG are serious Guardiola, Capello, Hiddink should be the calibre they are looking for. Martinez/Rodgers/Lambert absoulutely not for #lfc”

Ex-Liverpool striker Stan Collymore: “Would a top class manager go to Liverpool? Form is temporary,class is permanent. One of a handful of global big boys. That’s the truth. Rijkaard,Van Basten would be good. Big men who’ve lived and breathed the big expectation Liverpool need this. Can’t gamble on maybe’s anymore. If FSG are serious Guardiola, Capello, Hiddink should be the calibre they are looking for. Martinez/Rodgers/Lambert absoulutely not for #lfc”

Collymore claims to be a Villa fan yet he criticises us for hounding the useless McLeish and not giving him a chance yet he praises up Liverpool and suggests that they deserve a high profile manager!

He is just a woman battering, dogging, stressed out prick.

l

He's a right, their fans would be much happier with a shit manager as long as he was a big 'name'.

He's right! We know what it's like to have a manager the fans are disgruntled with. Liverpool's recent history involves a Champions League victory and they had a genuine footballing dynasty in the 80's - something we haven't had since the 19th Century. Of course they are going to expect the best. I'm not sure Guardiola would take the job but the other two and the likes of AVB would.

We'd need to be in the Champions League to attract those kind of names. Liverpool's reputation will attract them alone.

No matter, Lambert is the man for us.

Liverpool are a far bigger club than us. You'd be deluded to think otherwise.

I don't think he is wrong. Liverpool are still considered a top club that as slipped recently. They do need a really high profile manager to get them back to the Champions League. We are in the next tier and have fallen from there. we need a manager who wants to take us back to top 6. 2 different mindsets for a manager to deal with. We need a Lambert. Liverpool need a manager with CL experience.

He's right but what pisses me off is that while he thinks only the biggest names are good enough for Villa he seemed to think McLeish was fine for Villa and that we should've gotten off his bacK? Liverpool are bigger than us but at the same time we're not some tin-pot outfit. That's what he made us out to be.

I shall add Collymore to my ever growing mental list of people seemingly unaware of the actual definition of 'fickle'.

Here here. This is one of my ultimate pet hates. So many people bandy it around nowadays without actually knowing what it means.

But people who don't know it's "Hear, hear", not "Here here" may not be best placed to give us lectures on the meanings of words! :winkold:

zing! :lol:

LOL!

Surely 'here here' as in yes yes is correct - not 'hear hear' as in listen listen.... :?: imho

Nope. It's "Hear hear", as in "Hear him! Hear him!"

The "here" usage is just wrong.

"Hear, hear" is correct. Listen, listen, is "Oye, oye".