Collymore critises Villa fans.

VillaGoMarching

Collymore on McLeish

“What they need to do is look at the candidates and look at their abilities,” he added.

“The one thing that Villa haven’t done, particularly last season after Martin O’Neill left, is defend very well.

“Build from the back and bring through some of the youngsters. He’s got people like Kevin MacDonald and Sid Cowans on the staff and I genuinely think, looking at it dispassionately, that Alex McLeish would be an excellent manager for Aston Villa and that’s all I care about.”

Collymore on Houllier:

“If it was a manager that was looking to build the club and take it on from three sixth-placed finishes with Martin O’Neill surely you’d give him longer than two years.

“[An interim manager is] what Randy Lerner and Paul Faulkner are viewing it as. It’s almost a kind of trial. If he needs to have a trial then it doesn’t send to me, as an Aston Villa supporter, a very positive sign."

Collymore didn’t play under Houllier at Liverpool but was critical of the way his tenure at Anfield ended and his transfer policy, adding: “You can almost break Gerard Houllier’s English career into two parts, before his heart problems and after."

Collymore on O'Neill:

"I'm shocked and disappointed, and I think 90% of Villa fans will feel the same way.

"He’s eminently frustrated with a lack of movement in the transfer market and a lack of backing to go out and buy players. People say he’s spent a lot of money over the last couple of seasons but you have to keep spending if you’re going to be competitive.

"The club was on its backside [when he took charge]. He dragged them up from near the bottom of the table into a position where they were challenging at the top and he’s brought in a lot of good, young English players.

"Villa’s in a good place as a club and he deserved more backing. It’s got a little frustrating for him and, as with all good quality managers, if they’re not getting the backing they think they deserve ,they’ll turn their back on the club.

"Aston Villa needs to kick on. Man City are spending, Liverpool are spending. It’s not good enough for a club like Villa to be happy with sixth, seventh or eighth. Martin O’Neill wanted to take them on to the next level and he deserved the backing to try to do that.

"He deserved top dollar investment on an annual basis and I, as a Villa fan, don’t feel he got that."

- - - remember, he is a friend of O'Neill... this guys moans to suit his own personal agenda.

But he has a point - to be competitive in this league you need to overspend. MON just had to many bad buys for me, but still Randy should not have stopped investing in the squad.

Think he is unstable in some way Demitri, he even criticised McLeish at Birmingham for his cowardly tactics

"ALEX McLeish has accepted a personal and public apology from Stan Collymore for describing him as ‘cowardly’.

The former Villa striker now turned successful media pundit, criticised the Blues boss for his tactics in the Bolton Wanderers match."

Collywhat?

i remember listening to those rants, in the end do you onow what happened?

the ginger gibbon changed his formation to what collymore had been telling him to use, he did and the next 5 or 6 games or what ever it was , their point total rapidly went up.

he came on air and they joked about it and the ginger gibbon thanked collymore

says it all really the gibbon is a fuknut and collymore says what the production manager tells him to say on what ever day it is

Point being, he wouldn't criticise the spending of MON but was happy to worry about the possible transfer policy of Houllier, yet doesn't moan about the fact 15th isn't good enough with McLeish, yet says that its not good enough to be 6th, 7th or 8th.

Only ever replys or retweets people who agree with him.

I wouldn't know, I'm one of the many Villa fans blocked for disagreeing with him.

I must have slipped the net cause he tweeted something about the Bilbao game being a good semi and I replied the last time he saw a good semi was over cannock chase peering through a window.

He's latest tweet mentions that we don't score goals, yet yesterday he was saying we should sell Darren Bent. I'm starting to believe he's an idiot.

He was moaning that we sell our best players a week or two back. Go figure.

Screw loose.

Funny how he can say fans have to take the blame but never takes the blame for being shit for us and getting Little the sack.

This. When Stanley Victor arrived at VP we had just had a fantastic season with winning the league cup and finishing fourth.

He was one of the biggest let downs in our history yet when I listen to him pontificate on talk sport anybody would think that he was the best player to have graced the game.

Please bring back a real Villa legend for the match day programme - one Ian Taylor.

Only ever replys or retweets people who agree with him.

I wouldn't know, I'm one of the many Villa fans blocked for disagreeing with him.

I must have slipped the net cause he tweeted something about the Bilbao game being a good semi and I replied the last time he saw a good semi was over cannock chase peering through a window.

:clap:

Wakey, wakey, wakey!

Stan doesn't agree with every element you all say you rip him apart.... At least he talks about the Villa, he has opinions, he creates talking points.

What does he do for a living again?..... Ohh yeah!

Duhhhhhh.....

Wakey, wakey, wakey!

Stan doesn't agree with every element you all say you rip him apart.... At least he talks about the Villa, he has opinions, he creates talking points.

Duhhhhhh.....

If you actually read the op, that article is more of an attack on the fans than an opinion of the current state of the club.

Wakey, wakey, wakey!

Duhhhhhh.....

Shame I am not on my laptop anymore.

He has views? They change like the wind!

He talks about us? He makes things up!

He supports McLeish.. Yes called him anti football last year.

The guy is a tool.