Confirmed: Paul Lambert new Villa boss

VillaRoy

Heard him on talksport... when asked if he will overhaul the squad he said no just freshen it up a bit meaning getting players (who were not on form) back on form and bring in a few players... :/

However still being positive. Got to Believe :D

Not good news at all. :|
Let me quote JPM here "You cannot be serious man"
Are you trying to say that you disagree with me that that's bad news or do you think there will indeed be an overhaul?

I do disagree because shipping out our entire back four like many want is suicide. It's hard enough buying in 4 new defenders that are used to the Premier League and getting them to gel let alone doing that with possible foreign talent that have never played in this league. We saw how much Makoun struggled now imagine if Makoun was a centre back.. We need to take it slow. Lambert needs to ship out who he thinks is a lost cause and try and get some of the players who aren't working right now working again.. He can't go in and sell half our squad that's an unrealistic ask.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look, those players are still Internationals, PL has more about him to get something out of them. I seriously would get rid of Warnock and Collins though, but I think PL knows what he needs and what he wants. I think the midfield needs major repair work and we may see players like Delph and Makoun move on.

First of all on the 120M, good god please someone tell me just because I have said in a mock quote that Lambert is hardly likely to say that you dont believe we will spend 120M do you. Come on.

Heard him on talksport... when asked if he will overhaul the squad he said no just freshen it up a bit meaning getting players (who were not on form) back on form and bring in a few players... :/

Are you trying to say that you disagree with me that that's bad news or do you think there will indeed be an overhaul?
Mantis what I am saying is for you and kevangrealish to srop reading things into something someone has said that are not there, or at least try and understand why he has said them

The manager (let me refer to him thus and not Paul because I do not want people to think I am at his house for a BBQ this weekend (I have to clean mine BTW) as I saw me calling him Paul set some other hares running) knows we have to make changes, he knows where those changes are needed, the club knows he knows what to do, let him do it.

First of all on the 120M, good god please someone tell me just because I have said in a mock quote that Lambert is hardly likely to say that you dont believe we will spend 120M do you. Come on.

Mantis what I am saying is for you and kevangrealish to srop reading things into something someone has said that are not there, or at least try and understand why he has said them

The manager (let me refer to him thus and not Paul because I do not want people to think I am at his house for a BBQ this weekend (I have to clean mine BTW) as I saw me calling him Paul set some other hares running) knows we have to make changes, he knows where those changes are needed, the club knows he knows what to do, let him do it.

Nope i HEARD it on talksport. No fake info here mr.120m ;)

Sorry Richard.

That was my fault I repeated it as a joke. I did put a winky on the end though. lol

Culverhouse will join as soon as Norwich have announced their backroom team.
This. IMO it is actually all but done but given the current "issues" between AVFC and NCFC Mr Paul Lambert, does not want to inflame anything.

so how would you spend our 120m...

johnson - 15m

milner - 15m

samba - 10m

Defoe - 10m

De Jong - 5m

Torres - 65m

Is this Nigel De Jong were talking about because your having a serious laugh if you think we'll get him for that. How much wages have we been given do you know?

**** hell

So no serious overhaul then

Work with what we've got & some Norwich cast offs ?

Feel good factor evaporating

Never reveal your hand. If I was RL (or PL), the last thing I'd do is to say that I'm desperate for a major overhaul, and I've got a massive warchest to do it with. Playing into other clubs' hands, that.

Feel good factor evaporating
:suspect: If your feel good factor comes and goes that easily then it's not worth having in the first place :? Why not just sit back and wait.