Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

:lol:

so by that logic, there are in fact only 11 WORLD CLASS players that currently exist in world football.

:shock: :)

He kinda says exactly that further up the page. Keep up Jon :)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Torres is not world class.
You asked a question, Brian. I answered it. :D

Surely Torres plays alongside better players when he plays for his country. You (a lot of you) have been judging him on the basis of a good World Cup. Ask any Spanish football fan, including Atlético fans, whether they think Torres is world class. He's putting them away (well he's got 7 in the league) for his club at present.

Big fish, small pond.

One swallow (2006 WC) doesn't make a summer.

And he's a whingeing mummy's boy.

I dont want Torres..he is slow and average and he would take huge wages....OPS! I just thought I was LukeMoore..sorry

:crylaugh::crylaugh:

So because i don't want us to sign lucas neil on ridiculous wages means i wouldn't want one of the most highly rated youngsters in world football

Thats one of the weakest posts i've ever read.

For the record

I'm more than happy for villa to pay huge wages to quality players, not blackburns right back.

Bardsley added: "People ask if it is depressing being number two to someone like Gary but I say 'Not at all'.

"You want the best for the team and if Gary Neville is the best right-back at United, then so be it.

"He is a fantastic player, fantastic captain and I've no problem with that. He is also one of the players you can learn off. He has been around the game so long.

"He has won trophies left, right and centre so if I can achieve half of what he has achieved, I won't go far wrong.

I judge this as if it isnt his ideal situation at Man U, he still feel it is ok playing second fiddle to a big player to Neville and that he will get his chance sooner or later...

At least this is how I read what he has said...on here:

Bardsley aims to learn from Neville

Let me get this straight Tricella, Lucas Neill is world class and Fernando Torres is average.

I know they play in different positions but I find that hilarious.

You didn't read the rest of her sentence. She was pretending to be LukeMoore.

We've all been told to be patient but it's starting to wear a bit thin when you see that West Ham ( a club that have been taken over more recently than us) have signed Boa Morte and Davenport, and are now looking to tie up a deal with Lucas Neill. I would be happy with any of those players at Villa. What the f**k is going on!

Let me get this straight Tricella, Lucas Neill is world class and Fernando Torres is average.

I know they play in different positions but I find that hilarious.

It was a joke.... :lol:

At least I thought it might be a good time to tell a joke and I dont think LukeMoore will be angry with that. I understand that we dont have the same thoughts about players...fair enough...

Torres is one of the worlds best attackers...but he is a little bit slow...still...a very very skilled footballer that would improve most teams.

Neill is a whole different world...but I still rate him as a world class player for his position..on his best day. There are a few players that I would choose before him in that position if I were to pick anyone from the world...but he is far better than what we got in our team really. He has played WC for his national team and did very very good indeed...that means class to me...and to many others.

BOF: I am a man...but if you were joking...fair enough. :lol: Tricella is an old italian football player that I admired when I was young. Roberto Tricella of Juventus:

http://www.forza-juventus.com/joueurs/bios/tricella.htm

Ask any Spanish football fan, including Atlético fans, whether they think Torres is world class.

As a frequent poster on here you may know that I work with a Spanish Atletico fan and having just asked him I can confirm that he does think Torres is world class - and he does understand the term.

for me there should only be 11 worldclass players in the world..........

FWIW I disagree with this completely. There are many world class players in the world, not just the best one in his position. Arjen Robben is world class but I'd still put Ronaldinho on my left wing. Which of these is not world class - Henry, Klose, Rooney, Torres, van Nistelrooy. All strikers.

FWIW i completeley disagree with you...............

Out of that list of strikers id say youd pick Henry & Van Nistelrooy as your front two, the rest would be behind them in the pecking order........... so Henry & van Nistelrooy are the better option, therefore the WORLDCLASS option

same goes for Robben and Ronaldinho - if Ronaldinho is better than Robben for the wing, then Ronaldinho is the WORLDCLASS player, Robben is not !!!

just my opinion..............

:lol:

so by that logic, there are in fact only 11 WORLD CLASS players that currently exist in world football.

:shock: :)

in my opinion there should only be 11 world class players in the world - hence the title WORLDCLASS................

Bardsley added: "People ask if it is depressing being number two to someone like Gary but I say 'Not at all'.

"You want the best for the team and if Gary Neville is the best right-back at United, then so be it.

"He is a fantastic player, fantastic captain and I've no problem with that. He is also one of the players you can learn off. He has been around the game so long.

"He has won trophies left, right and centre so if I can achieve half of what he has achieved, I won't go far wrong.

I judge this as if it isnt his ideal situation at Man U, he still feel it is ok playing second fiddle to a big player to Neville and that he will get his chance sooner or later...

At least this is how I read what he has said...on here:

Bardsley aims to learn from Neville

Ok, that's your interpretation but you are taking it out of context. He states that he would consider a permanent move and that he accepts he cannot expect to be first choice ahead of a player like Gary Neville. I would say that is significantly different to saying he is happy at being a reserve team player.

West Ham have just signed Davenport for a supposed £3m fee.

Think we've just lost out on Young guys! They wanted to give Davenport and someone else for Young, but they didn't wana go to Watford. Looks now like Spurs will offer cash only.

£3m for Davenport - he's shit!

I think Young is a gonner now. Ah well.