Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts:

Neill is a good player although he can be a total knob.

Neill is NOT world class.

Neill is not worth paying 50k p/w or anything like it.

Bardsley will be a better player (just a hunch). And he will be a Villa player.

Exactly my thoughts too.

Bardsley is on loan and will be only on loan...forget that we can buy him in the summer...he´s heading back to Man U.

Tricella, if Neill is world class, as you keep suggesting then he would be worth at least 50k.

I don't think he is anything close to that and worth far less than 50k per week.

Well...you judge him after he played a few games for West Ham. I am not saying that he is the worlds best in his position...the only thing I am saying is that he is a World Class player. I have seen him many times and I think he is a skilled defender. He leads his national team Aussie...like Mellberg is for Sweden.

McCann for example...a very average player...what is his salary? Baros looks average and Angel too...many players look very mediocre in today Villa...

I agree we have some very average players earning a good wage at villa so i don't see it as a positive move to bring in another average player and make him the highest earner.

Yet you must wonder..West Ham sign players...we dont...

I don't want anyone they have signed this january transfer window

Bardsley is on loan and will be only on loan...forget that we can buy him in the summer...he´s heading back to Man U.

Agreed. If he plays well, Man U will want him back... if he plays rubbish, we won't want him. either way, he'll be back at man u in the summer.

Agreed. If he plays well, Man U will want him back... if he plays rubbish, we won't want him. either way, he'll be back at man u in the summer

So if he plays well he will happily go back and sit on the bench for the next few seasons.

He went on loan to rangers and now us because he wants to play first team football, if he has the chance to do that with us next season i think he'll take it.

Agreed. If he plays well, Man U will want him back... if he plays rubbish, we won't want him. either way, he'll be back at man u in the summer.

Meh, I see your logic but I think it's flawed. There's a huge window in the middle where he could play well enough for us to want to keep him but not well enough for them to deem him worthy of a place in their team. After all we're not exactly both looking for the same level of player.... yet.

Tricella, if Neill is world class, as you keep suggesting then he would be worth at least 50k.

I don't think he is anything close to that and worth far less than 50k per week.

Well...you judge him after he played a few games for West Ham. I am not saying that he is the worlds best in his position...the only thing I am saying is that he is a World Class player. I have seen him many times and I think he is a skilled defender. He leads his national team Aussie...like Mellberg is for Sweden.

a bit off-topic i know - but whatever !!

if youre saying hes not the worlds best in his position, but hes a world class player - this I dont understand................ for me to be labelled world class, you should be the worlds best in your position................

its too easy to be labelled world class nowadays..................

for me there should only be 11 worldclass players in the world..........

worldclass to me means, that in your position you could go and get in any team in the world regardless of who plays in your position...........

so for me Neill isnt worldclass, hes just a good player..............

wouldnt want him at villa anyway, he aint that great........... too rash and makes too many mistakes........

Playing well for us and playing well for United are 2 different things. If Neill is world class we should be prepared to pay upwards of 50k a week, but he isn't so we shouldn't.

I also agree that we have many overpaid players. That is the precise reason why we should be wise to this and not start handing out large salaries to players who don't deserve it, like Neill.

FWIW I disagree with this completely. There are many world class players in the world, not just the best one in his position. Arjen Robben is world class but I'd still put Ronaldinho on my left wing. Which of these is not world class - Henry, Klose, Rooney, Torres, van Nistelrooy. All strikers.

Torres is not world class.

You got the point though :) and I disagree but that's neither here nor there. Maybe when he's playing for a better team it'll be more acceptable to make such a bold claim.

Anyhoo back on topic ehhh yeah Torres to Villa would be nice - but he'd go to a HUGE team instead.

Agreed. If he plays well, Man U will want him back... if he plays rubbish, we won't want him. either way, he'll be back at man u in the summer

So if he plays well he will happily go back and sit on the bench for the next few seasons.

He went on loan to rangers and now us because he wants to play first team football, if he has the chance to do that with us next season i think he'll take it.

He just stated that he has no problem playing second fiddle behind Neville. I think that he has gone out for a learning period and he is fully commited to Man U in the long run.

Anyhoo back on topic ehhh yeah Torres to Villa would be nice - but he'd go to a HUGE team instead.

I dont want Torres..he is slow and average and he would take huge wages....OPS! I just thought I was LukeMoore..sorry...I would love Torres at Villa...but he wont come to this weak team. He plays in a much better side already...and it would be a mile downstep to sign for Villa..even for £300.000 per week.

FWIW I disagree with this completely. There are many world class players in the world, not just the best one in his position. Arjen Robben is world class but I'd still put Ronaldinho on my left wing. Which of these is not world class - Henry, Klose, Rooney, Torres, van Nistelrooy. All strikers.

FWIW i completeley disagree with you...............

Out of that list of strikers id say youd pick Henry & Van Nistelrooy as your front two, the rest would be behind them in the pecking order........... so Henry & van Nistelrooy are the better option, therefore the WORLDCLASS option

same goes for Robben and Ronaldinho - if Ronaldinho is better than Robben for the wing, then Ronaldinho is the WORLDCLASS player, Robben is not !!!

just my opinion..............

He just stated that he has no problem playing second fiddle behind Neville. I think that he has gone out for a learning period and he is fully commited to Man U in the long run.

He didn't say that at all (please link to where he said this if I am wrong). His statement was non commital at best. He basically said he will see what happens which is all you can expect at this stage.

FWIW i completeley disagree with you...............

Out of that list of strikers id say youd pick Henry & Van Nistelrooy as your front two, the rest would be behind them in the pecking order........... so Henry & van Nistelrooy are the better option, therefore the WORLDCLASS option

same goes for Robben and Ronaldinho - if Ronaldinho is better than Robben for the wing, then Ronaldinho is the WORLDCLASS player, Robben is not !!!

just my opinion..............

:lol:

so by that logic, there are in fact only 11 WORLD CLASS players that currently exist in world football.

:shock: :)