Jan transfer window - rumours, speculation & suggestions

OnePablo

I have no qualms about Darren Bent, ive said many times in this thread of circles that i'd love him to join.

the reason i suggest you have links to man utd, is that you know far to much for my liking about Man Utd's average players not jst they're good ones. the likes of Wes Brown, Fletcher, O'Shea, Richardson you've all at one point said that they should join Villa. None of them are worth signing to move us forward, infact, i wouldn't even be looking at signing players from the big 4 simply because if they're not good enough for them, then why are they good enough for us. Thats the place we're aspiring to.

While other people are at it, Surely calling me a bitch is a yellow card offence?

My brother's a United-fan so I might know a few things about their average players, like that fact that O'Shea would be a good central defender if given the chance (but I wouldn't want him now) and Brown is good defender. Signing at least Brown would be a great signing IMO, and I'm sticking to that no matter what. When you mention Fletcher your whole story falls apart because I think he is truly an abysmal player and I would never ever want him at Aston Villa.

I didn't call you a bitch in the sense of the word, I said you were bitchy about the situation and I hardly think it's a yellow card because no offense is made. Wouldn't you be annoyed if I called you a bloody Blues-fan because you knew some of their players? Clearly recommending players like Brown is equal to recommending Zoltan Gera and such players from other clubs. Up the Villa (let's beat Blackburn)

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has this been mentioned; from club call

http://www.clubcall.com/index.jsp?storyID=297645

O'Neill eyeing French wing ace?

2006-11-05 17:09

Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill has been credited with an interest in exciting Bordeaux winger Julien Faubert.

The French U-21 star is a speedy playerr who operates primarily on the right, and it is thought O'Neill is keen to recruit that type of player so that youngster Gabriel Agbonlahor can be played in his natural centre-forward position.

Faubert is thought to have been disappointed by his club's failure to perform in the Champions League, and he is assessing his future.

Reports in France suggest a bid of £3.5million may be enough to land the talented youngster.

The many swedish villans on here will probably think I´m nuts, but WTF.

In a club called AIK (which I can´t stand by the way...) theres a young right wing player called Gabriel Özkan, the boy is nowhere near the finished article but he might turn out to be a truly great player.

I´d say get him (dont think he would cost much) put him in the reserves for a year and see how it goes!

:crylaugh: Quizme getting ready to be laughed at.... :winkold:

The many swedish villans on here will probably think I´m nuts, but WTF.

In a club called AIK (which I can´t stand by the way...) theres a young right wing player called Gabriel Özkan, the boy is nowhere near the finished article but he might turn out to be a truly great player.

I´d say get him (dont think he would cost much) put him in the reserves for a year and see how it goes!

:crylaugh: Quizme getting ready to be laughed at.... :winkold:

Hang your head in shame, my friend. ;) Actually, there is no swedish player I'd like to see in Villa. Except for Meööberg, of course. And maybe Isaksson, but no-one else. Not even Zlatan.

According to The Guardian Rumour Mill MON has been having a look at him. Would cost 2m. He's been banging the goals in for a while at Southend now. I'd be happy for us to take a punt on someone like him at that price. Averages over a goal every other game. Just turned 23.

Sorry, didn't see this thread and that someone had already mentioned him. :oops:

Difference being £2m was a first-teamer before, now he'd be a benchwarmer. Doesn't look good for Baros if we're looking at strikers and he's saleable. I think I'll get over it.