OnePablo

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you rocafella in disguise?

Picking Average Man Utd players

The funny thing is they would both EASILY get into our team.

Now I know that you've said some silly things in your time, but come on....

Bardsley at right-back over Mellberg in the new formation?

Richardson over Barry?

I'd hardly call that EASILY getting into our team.....

No no, Bardsley would never take Mellberg's place. He'd EASILY go before Hughes and Delaney though.

Do you really think Mellberg is going to play right back for the rest of the season? Think again, he hates it.

Richardson has been pretty poor this season, and Barry has been pretty good. Richardson would in my opinion walk into

our team taking Davis' place. Davis has been poor concidering my expectations before this season.

No no, Bardsley would never take Mellberg's place. He'd EASILY go before Hughes and Delaney though.

Do you really think Mellberg is going to play right back for the rest of the season? Think again, he hates it.

How many Man Utd reserve games have you watched? I'll assume it has to be a hell of a lot, as Phil Bardsley has started 12 games in his career thus far. Half of them for Burnley.

Which of his three performances for either Man Utd or Rangers has convinced you that he will walk into our team?

Richardson has been pretty poor this season, and Barry has been pretty good. Richardson would in my opinion walk into

our team taking Davis' place. Davis has been poor concidering my expectations before this season.

Playing a completely different position on the other side of the field? Why not just suggest he takes Ridgewell's place or Sorensen's? :?

Playing a completely different position on the other side of the field? Why not just suggest he takes Ridgewell's place or Sorensen's?

He can play left or central. Davis is central.

How many Man Utd reserve games have you watched? I'll assume it has to be a hell of a lot, as Phil Bardsley has started 12 games in his career thus far. Half of them for Burnley.

Which of his three performances for either Man Utd or Rangers has convinced you that he will walk into our team?

Ferguson says he's going to be great. This comes from the person who has a little know-how when it comes to youth-players.

Let's not make a big deal out of this please.

Playing a completely different position on the other side of the field? Why not just suggest he takes Ridgewell's place or Sorensen's?

He can play left or central. Davis is central.

Ferguson says he's going to be great. This comes from the person who has a little know-how when it comes to youth-players.

Let's not make a big deal out of this please.

I suppose it was a fairly silly thing to say.

"He’s quick, aggressive and a good passer of the ball, and is the kind of athletic footballer we are looking for. In the last few months he has shown his development playing in a very good Cameroon team, and he looks like a Manchester United player in every sense.“

I'll let you guess who that was about. He's hardly infallible.

Chiellini of Juve is a quality right back. Micah Richards looked awesome for Man City v West Ham, but he's young and he's homegrown and has already gained a reputation for himself, so he would cost quite a bit I reckon. I wouldn't even consider Bardsley! We are trying to make the step up here folks.

Edit: Actually, scrap Chiellini, now that I think about it, he's more of a left back right?

geremi and young would be the best options for right back as has already been said, especially geremis versatility, when he was at middlesbrough for a year they were desperate to sign him,

but i can't imagine us getting any of the players mentioned it would'nt suprise me if MON gets players who we don't expect and who we won't be thrilled about but will want to play for the team

it would'nt suprise me if MON gets players who we don't expect and who we won't be thrilled about but will want to play for the team

That would thrill me far more than signing a player for £10 million who won't fit into our system or our style of play. An Ian Taylor over a Bosko Balaban if you will.

freddy adu or aiden mcgeady for midfield should hendrie leave.......and would love to see robbie keane or defoe at the villa, a fast and experienced striker to help mould gabby into international quality.

i rekon martin will hav a few surprises up his sleeve aswell wen january arrives. i was surprised (altho thrilled) wen he identified saviola as one of his first signings, wud be great to see players like that at villa but another ian taylor wud be class! at least we know o'neils not gonna buy players just coz their a big name like chelsea. loved it in the world cup wen he slagged off ibrahimovic, totally over rated for me.

I reckon one signing will be one to make a statement to the world that we are serious.

All players have to be the 'right type' for MON so difficult to say he will get a 'blockbuster' name but fully expect a signing to say 'wow' !!!

I guess MON will have around £20m if needed but remember he and Lerner will NOT pay over the odds !!!

Wayne Bridge

Luke Young

Boupa Diop

Dean Ashton

In that order. Agree with ianrobo about a signing one 'name' in particular though, as a statement of intent. To make the world sit up and take notice if they haven't already.

Almost hate myself for suggesting it but Mr Posh Spice fits the catergory to some extent. Although some may feel this is similar to HDE's 'vision' of signing big-named players past their best.

Truth is though, we have a weakness on the right flank, he's got something to prove and such a move would lift our profile considerably. Despite all the baggage that surrounds him, he's generally classed as a good pro and doesn't have a reputation for disrupting dressing rooms et.c.

Probably has decent memories of Villa Park, simply due to the amount of games he's played there either against us or in FA Cup Semis/Internationals.

Would he come to a club with O'Neill as a manager and seemingly on the up? Probably also wouldn't hurt that we are halfway between London and Manchester either.

Wayne Bridge

Luke Young

Boupa Diop

Dean Ashton

In that order. Agree with ianrobo about a signing one 'name' in particular though, as a statement of intent. To make the world sit up and take notice if they haven't already.

Almost hate myself for suggesting it but Mr Posh Spice fits the catergory to some extent. Although some may feel this is similar to HDE's 'vision' of signing big-named players past their best.

Truth is though, we have a weakness on the right flank, he's got something to prove and such a move would lift our profile considerably. Despite all the baggage that surrounds him, he's generally classed as a good pro and doesn't have a reputation for disrupting dressing rooms et.c.

Probably has decent memories of Villa Park, simply due to the amount of games he's played there either against us or in FA Cup Semis/Internationals.

Would he come to a club with O'Neill as a manager and seemingly on the up? Probably also wouldn't hurt that we are halfway between London and Manchester either.

I reckon there is a high chance we could sign Beckham. I reckon he'd take a pay cut given the fact he's one of the richest sportsmen in the world and he'd probably relish regular first team action so increasing his chances of selection for England.

I was reading the Gossip Column and Spurs are 'linked' to be bidding 10m for Joe Cole in Jan...is this realistic and if so, can we jump in there instead particularly if we are above the Spuds in Jan, would chelsea allow to have Joe Cole, Wright Phillips and Wayne Bridge particularly after yesterday?