Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Must have beaten them under MoN

Seem to remember beating them at Christmas one season when Carew scored the winner. It may have also been the same game that he kicked the corner flag but unsure on that one.

Must have beaten them under MoN

Seem to remember beating them at Christmas one season when Carew scored the winner. It may have also been the same game that he kicked the corner flag but unsure on that one.

Yeah Downing played an amazing cross-field ball (the first thing of real quality he'd actually done in a Villa shirt), Carew finished it and we beat them 1-0.

We have lost to them at home once, can't believe no-one else remembers that 2-2 defeat.

Carruthers looked decent the other day - An away game away at Liverpool needing a result a player might bottle it, he came on and won a penalty straight away, he looked to have good composure and technicall ability.

I hope for the same team and and Wienman in for Heskey.

Did I miss something? if I recall we never had a penalty against Liverpool?

He should have been awarded one, but he didn't win one!

VILLA: Given, Hutton, Collins, Baker, Lichaj, Herd, Ireland, Bannan, Warnock, Weimann, Agbonlahor.

Subs: Guzan, N’Zogbia, Cuellar, Johnson, Carruthers, Gardner, Heskey

Weimann in for Heskey and Cuellar on the bench (surely not fully fit then?!)

I'm unusually optimistic for the match today. I think we might even sneak the three points. Too optimistic maybe?

Me to, a strange feeling that I've not felt all season.

Maybe its all the caffeine from this weekends Easter eggs :D

Stoke: Begovic, Huth, Jones,Wilson, Shawcross, Whitehead, Walters, Delap, Etherington, Shotton, Palacios. #AVFC

Really should be beating that team.

Given our problems defending set pieces Im surprised and chuffed that Crouch is not playing.

Stoke: Begovic, Huth, Jones,Wilson, Shawcross, Whitehead, Walters, Delap, Etherington, Shotton, Palacios. #AVFC

Really should be beating that team.

You not seen our team then?

I have indeed.

Maybe it will prove unfounded but im confident today.