Villa Pre Season 2012/2013

andykeenan

The Union don't appear to be doing anything special about a Villa section at the moment (or it could just be that the press release is oriented to the locals):

Philadelphia Union"]

Philadelphia Union today announced the team will host Barclays English Premier League club Aston Villa on Wednesday, July 18 at 7:30 p.m. EST at PPL Park. The match, featuring U.S. internationals Brad Guzan and Eric Lichaj and English internationals Emilie Heskey and Darren Bent (all players listed are subject to change depending on availability), is included in the Union full season ticket package at no additional cost. One of the oldest and most successful clubs in England, Aston Villa has won the FA Cup and First Division Championship seven times.

“It’s our ongoing commitment to bring world-class international competition to Philadelphia,” said Philadelphia Union CEO & Operating Partner Nick Sakiewicz. “We are very proud to host Aston Villa in what will be a challenge for our club and a treat for our fans. We’re also thrilled that this match will be a wonderful precursor to the 2012 MLS All-Star Game and its surrounding festivities. This will certainly be an amazing week for not only our fans and PPL Park but also for cities of Chester and Philadelphia.”

Forward Danny Mwanga spent 10 days training with Aston Villa at the end of January prior to joining Union preseason in Florida in early February.

Card-carrying season ticket holders will have the game loaded on their season ticket card and those with printed tickets will have tickets for this match mailed to them by mid-June. Season ticket holders who purchased pre-paid parking for the season will be able to use the BONUS GAME pass from their parking booklet for this match.

Individual tickets ranging in price from $25 for Supporters tickets to $50 for Midfield tickets are on sale now. Groups of 15 or more will receive a $5 discount per ticket and also have the option of creating a group combo pack that allows them to pair the Aston Villa match with one regular season Union match for a $10 discounted ticket for both games.

pplparkinteriorfromthes.jpg

From what I've been able to gather, the River End is the Union's supporters end, where seats are only sold to club members who have committed to stand and sing/chant for the entire match (under what penalty, I'm not sure).

Part of me wants the experience of being an away fan in a Philadelphia section, though...

Scott we should head out on the piss in Villa Park Illinois for the laugh. :lol:

Seen some outstanding wrestling back in the day in villa park....

I will get a list of top notch things to see, eat, drink while in my fair town....

The Union don't appear to be doing anything special about a Villa section at the moment (or it could just be that the press release is oriented to the locals):

Philadelphia Union"]

Philadelphia Union today announced the team will host Barclays English Premier League club Aston Villa on Wednesday, July 18 at 7:30 p.m. EST at PPL Park. The match, featuring U.S. internationals Brad Guzan and Eric Lichaj and English internationals Emilie Heskey and Darren Bent (all players listed are subject to change depending on availability), is included in the Union full season ticket package at no additional cost. One of the oldest and most successful clubs in England, Aston Villa has won the FA Cup and First Division Championship seven times.

“It’s our ongoing commitment to bring world-class international competition to Philadelphia,” said Philadelphia Union CEO & Operating Partner Nick Sakiewicz. “We are very proud to host Aston Villa in what will be a challenge for our club and a treat for our fans. We’re also thrilled that this match will be a wonderful precursor to the 2012 MLS All-Star Game and its surrounding festivities. This will certainly be an amazing week for not only our fans and PPL Park but also for cities of Chester and Philadelphia.”

Forward Danny Mwanga spent 10 days training with Aston Villa at the end of January prior to joining Union preseason in Florida in early February.

Card-carrying season ticket holders will have the game loaded on their season ticket card and those with printed tickets will have tickets for this match mailed to them by mid-June. Season ticket holders who purchased pre-paid parking for the season will be able to use the BONUS GAME pass from their parking booklet for this match.

Individual tickets ranging in price from $25 for Supporters tickets to $50 for Midfield tickets are on sale now. Groups of 15 or more will receive a $5 discount per ticket and also have the option of creating a group combo pack that allows them to pair the Aston Villa match with one regular season Union match for a $10 discounted ticket for both games.

pplparkinteriorfromthes.jpg

From what I've been able to gather, the River End is the Union's supporters end, where seats are only sold to club members who have committed to stand and sing/chant for the entire match (under what penalty, I'm not sure).

Part of me wants the experience of being an away fan in a Philadelphia section, though...

We talked with the Union today, Villa had requested a block of 200 seats to be reserved but they weren't sure if these seats were earmarked for travelling support, corporate partners/sponsors or just Randy's mates, in any case it certainly isn't enough so they will be blocking off more seats at our request. Might be more details tomorrow but my advice would be to hold off on buying tickets as we will have plenty secured for Villa fans to be in the same section. If you insist on buying tickets you are better off grabbing the cheapo ones behind the goal for $25 so you can flog em back before the match should you decide to sit with the away support.

For Villa heads in the US we are providing updates and suchlike on the Facebook group.

I'm glad to see that this thread has turned a bit more positive. The people moaning about the quality of the teams was a bit embarrassing to be honest...it's like we are a club ob of 15 year old girls (not offence)...

The match, featuring U.S. internationals Brad Guzan and Eric Lichaj and English internationals Emilie Heskey and Darren Bent (all players listed are subject to change depending on availability),

glad i read that last part

The match, featuring U.S. internationals Brad Guzan and Eric Lichaj and English internationals Emilie Heskey and Darren Bent (all players listed are subject to change depending on availability),

Haha yeah.. We know two of the players mentioned will be out of contract by the time the match takes place.

Haha yeah.. We know two of the players mentioned will be out of contract by the time the match takes place.

Probably for the best in Heskey's case, otherwise that river behind the goal will be full of footballs.

Chicago will be section 134 confirmed by the Fire

A link to buy tixs coming shortly

Fire is helping out with buses and pkg for transportation to /from a bar in the city...Should be resonable...

If anyone has any Chicago specific ?s you can get me @ barsky33@gmail.com, the email on the Villa site is old and dated like myself

Scott / Chicago Lions

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

don't forget HK for the soccer sevens next weekend. academy (ish) team, but always good to see the young stars coming through

all 8 HK villa fans will be in their usual spot, being mistaken for Wet Spam fans....

I remember my lad age 4 a few years back, being asked if he wanted to mascot for wet spam by someone who couldn't tell the difference between good claret and blue and shite, and the look of utter dusgust from someone so little.... pure magic...

always a great weekend for anyone in the region who fancies coming over, although i haven't seen the squad for this year yet...

last year, by way of example, had, if i remember correctly, herd, lichaj, baker (although injured) siegrist, forrester, weimann, D johnson...

bazza bannan, sharky, ciaran, nathan delfouneso, gary g have all been out on numerous occasions, in recent years, and if you go back a few more, gabby and gary cahill played...

strong competition this year - chelski, newcastle, sunderland, wet spam, rangers, celtic, leicester...

although none of them have won it anywhere near as many times as we have...

Wolves Away added to Pre Season

Full fixtures

Burton Albion Away Saturday 14 July

USA Tour

Philadelphia Union Wednesday 18 July

Chicago Fire Saturday 21 July

Portland Timbers Thursday July 24

Nottingham Forest Away Saturday 4 August

Wolves Away Saturday August 11

Â