Villa Pre Season 2012/2013

andykeenan

Genius Villa - Bremen airport is closed that weekend for runway resurfacing.

Best option looks to be flying to Hamburg and jumping on train, but it's by no means cheap. Still, it'll be our only foray into the continent this season.

Genius Villa - Bremen airport is closed that weekend for runway resurfacing.

Best option looks to be flying to Hamburg and jumping on train, but it's by no means cheap. Still, it'll be our only foray into the continent this season.

was looking at hannover too but thats still expensive plus 40eur return for train

• 2 weeks later...

I heard there were no home friendlies because they're saving the pitch for the Community Shield

Yes, I heard that too.

I dunno, community shield this year, Take That last year, what next?! :D

Dear Enda

Thank you for applying for the Meet and Greet. We are delighted to confirm that you have 1 place(s). The meet and greet will take place after the Open Training session at Toyota Park on Friday 20th July.

[...]

We look forward to seeing you in Chicago.

Aston Villa

:cheers::flag::thumb: :nod:

I heard there were no home friendlies because they're saving the pitch for the Community Shield

Yes, I heard that too.

I dunno, community shield this year, Take That last year, what next?! :D

Some sort of equestrian event I'm guessing

That or the Good Food Show Live

• 2 weeks later...

So I just got back from the open training session at the Portland stadium.

Dunne & Herd didn't train and of course neither did Bent or Gabby.

Holman and El Ahmadi look class and seem to be on each others wave-length. I'm hopeful for what they can add to the side.

N'zogbia didn't seem sharp and also low on confidence. Ireland worked hard and puts himself about but doesn't look like the flair player that a lot of us hope he could be - but you can't fault his effort.

What surprised me most was that Collins was heavily involved and looked very up for it. He looked like a leader out there tbh I'm not really a fan either of his play and because of the incident with Cowans.

Credit to him though he looked fit and sharp and got involved a lot - he even looked like one of the best players. Not sure what that means but there you go. Maybe Lambert wants him to be a big part of it.

The session went like this:

after warming up and doing some sprints they did some shooting and heading off crosses. There were 2 runners into the box - one going near post the other far post and we looked absolutely shit!! About every 1 in 5 crosses went near a player and about 1 in 15 ended up on target.

They finished with a very high tempo 2 touch game rotating 3 teams. This is when they seemed to get going and eventually you could see they had warmed up and the athleticism of being a Premier League player started to show through. I couldn't get any really good pics because I was facing the sun so thats about it.

Oh and Warnock is absolutely shit :lol:

He looked **** after about 5 mins of the game and couldn't control the ball most of the time.

Agree with all of the above. I was there too and thought Collins looked really good, even his passing was great.

Up front I thought the Fonz did better than Wieman also, which was another shock to me.

El Ahmadi total class. If he can keep it up, a holte end favourite for sure.

Really looking forward to the tomorrow, starting with the Bitter End pub and the Timbers Army. I also garantee that everyone is blown away by Portlands supporters. Should be a great atmosphere and day all around.

Cheers for the info US lads! It's interesting to hear.

Maybe we'll see Collins sticking around, and it's actually Warnock/ Dunne/ Hutton that are being offered to other clubs?

I can see KEA cementing his place in central midfield. But who will partner him? That's the big question.

Why didn't Dunne and Herd train, are they injured?

Why didn't Dunne and Herd train, are they injured?

They must be injured, although why the reporters that follow the team don't report on these things is strange. The first thing my son said was 'where is Dunne?'. Didn't notice Herd was missing TBH. Then about 10 minutes before the end of the session, they all appear, Bent, Gabby, Dunne and Herd. Must have been doing something inside the stadium which more than likely was receiving some kind of treatment,

Heres some pictures and video from the weekend in Chicago. Im the giant in the red hat

chicago9.jpg

chicago7.jpg

chicago1.jpg

Pre match

chicago6.jpg

chicago11.jpg

chicago2.jpg

chicago5.jpg

chicago3.jpg

First one was during the game... about the 75th minute if my dodgy mind is not lying to me....my voice is sh*t

Second is on the coach back to the pub. Its a very drunk version of Bluenose bastards.....the words get changed up a bit (Kiddie lads started this) to incorporate some of the different countries/states/cities on the bus. Bit of a train wreck by the end though

All in all it was a fantastic weekend!

Â