Villa Pre Season 2012/2013

andykeenan

that be a fun game as they are meant to play very good attacking football and won Copa Sudamericana last year which i think is simialr to Europa League
Will be interesting to get a look at this lad, Ángelo Henríquez:

FOTO_0320120422215954.jpg

Apparently Man Utd brokered a first option on the 18 year-old striker last year.

Well the reason for not having a home friendly last summer was because of the Take That concerts...I can't think of anything that's happening at VP this summer though? Regardless, think I'll be going to the Wolves and Forest games.

don't forget HK for the soccer sevens next weekend. academy (ish) team, but always good to see the young stars coming through

all 8 HK villa fans will be in their usual spot, being mistaken for Wet Spam fans....

I remember my lad age 4 a few years back, being asked if he wanted to mascot for wet spam by someone who couldn't tell the difference between good claret and blue and shite, and the look of utter dusgust from someone so little.... pure magic...

always a great weekend for anyone in the region who fancies coming over, although i haven't seen the squad for this year yet...

last year, by way of example, had, if i remember correctly, herd, lichaj, baker (although injured) siegrist, forrester, weimann, D johnson...

bazza bannan, sharky, ciaran, nathan delfouneso, gary g have all been out on numerous occasions, in recent years, and if you go back a few more, gabby and gary cahill played...

strong competition this year - chelski, newcastle, sunderland, wet spam, rangers, celtic, leicester...

although none of them have won it anywhere near as many times as we have...

It's a really young squad this yr...on OS (sorry havent time to post link).

Out of interest who is sharky?

Brilliant about your son.

yep... seen the squad... young, but then again, i remember a squad five years ago with albrighton (sharky), zoltan steiber, harry forrester, barry bannan, elliott parish, eric lund, sam (striker, last name eludes me) - no one had ever heard of any of them, they came out and did great...

looking to see young grealish play, and daniel johnson looked great in a squad last year with herd, lichaj and weimann...

newcastle came on saturday night should be a good un...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â