Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Been trying to figure out our bench and team.

I'm guessing:

-------------------------Given----------------------------

Lichaj-------Cuellar-----------Collin----------Warnock

---------------Herd-------------Petrov------------------

Albrighton--------------Ireland-----------------Heskey

------------------------Agbonlahor----------------------

Subs: Guzan, Clark, Baker, Gardner, Bannan, Weimann, ????

We're potentially missing a lot of players for this game - Hutton, Dunne, Jenas, Bent, N'Zogbia, Delfouneso, Delph and Makoun wouldn't need a lot of help to beat that first eleven - and I'm struggling to think of a natural 7th sub - hopefully someone will make it back.

Personally I'd pick Bannan over Heskey or put Weimann up front and Gabby out left - but I've a horrible feeling that we might see the big chap out there today.

god that team is very weak throughout.

Does anyone know anywhere in Birmingham showing the game? My usual place, Rococo, is only advertising the Liverpool/Wigan game at 3:00 :|

I think the rules have changed on Liscencing for showing Prem games in pubs which is a shame as Rococco was great place for watching Villa away games. Apparently pubs etc are only allowed to legally show one 3pm game now.

I thought these foreign channels could pick two games. It annoys me that Wigan at Klanfield is chosen over the mighty Villa at Arsenal.

Samir Carruthers has made the bench for todays game for the first time. Good luck to the lad, against his old club too.

Honestly can't describe my feelings right now made the bench against arsenal for today's game #dreamcometrue #UTV

VILLA: Given, Hutton, Cuellar, Collins, Warnock, Albrighton, Petrov, Herd, Ireland, Heskey, Agbonlahor.

Subs: Guzan, Bannan, Gardner, Weimann, Lichaj, Baker, Carruthers.

4-4-2 with Ireland wide it looks like.

Wasted.

HESKEY STARTS!

VILLA: Given, Hutton, Cuellar, Collins, Warnock, Albrighton, Petrov, Herd, Ireland, Heskey, Agbonlahor. #AVFC

Subs: Guzan, Bannan, Gardner, Weimann, Lichaj, Baker, Carruthers. #AVFC

Knew he wouldn't have the balls to start Weimann! Hope Heskey is playing up front rather than on the wing.

Yep. Pretty much as expected I guess - if N'Zogbia is injured we only really have Gabby who can play down the left - I guess McLeish felt Heskey was better than moving Gabby and starting Weimann. It's the low risk approach I think - sadly I also think it's the low reward approach.

Someone shoot Heskey.. He's a lovely guy but we need him off the team sheet permanently. Weimann should be starting.. He won the game for us a week or so back. Why does Heskey start when he's done **** all this season, the season before and the season before that?

Someone shoot Heskey.. He's a lovely guy but we need him off the team sheet permanently. Weimann should be starting.. He won the game for us a week or so back. Why does Heskey start when he's done **** all this season, the season before and the season before that?

McLeish will play the experience card when in fact its probably better sending out a player who is hungry and wants to do something.