Sportswash! - Let’s oil stare at Manchester City!

ClaretMahoney

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Thing is, he would probably not even know about this. 

Surely he would? If he had signed 2 contracts and was being paid twice per month.

It like working for Tesla and getting one salary from Tesla and another monthly payment from Musk or separate business linked to him. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Surely he would? If he had signed 2 contracts and was being paid twice per month.

It like working for Tesla and getting one salary from Tesla and another monthly payment from Musk or separate business linked to him. 

Not necessarily - he can get one salary, but the source of money could be hidden behind the scenes.  

17 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Not necessarily - he can get one salary, but the source of money could be hidden behind the scenes.  

Effectively that’s what’s happening with player salaries. The money is coming into the club bank account from sources it shouldn’t.

Mancini had a contract being paid from the club, AND then a separate contract with a third party but also for managing the team. It was to reduce the clubs manager bill on the books. 

It would be interesting if Pep has any other agreements in place with anyone from Abu Dhabi (which may look like a supplement to his salary for managing the first team).

Edited by Genie

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

It would be interesting if Pep has any other agreements in place with anyone from Abu Dhabi (which may look like a supplement to his salary for managing the first team).

Gets paid £5m per appearance at the sheiks birthday party...

And I'm only half joking, it would be interesting to see if and how many appearance fees are paid during events when city players travel there

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

And I'm only half joking, it would be interesting to see if and how many appearance fees are paid during events when city players travel there

And I wonder, although it's dodgy, is it illegal? 

11 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I wouldn’t be surprised.

Q. Whats this payment for Pep?

A. That’s £2m for a public appearance in the UAE.

Q. Why is it paid every month even when you haven’t been out there?

1 minute ago, Mic09 said:

And I wonder, although it's dodgy, is it illegal? 

In theory no, you'd guess they're at least smart enough to make it direct payments from the owner to the player, do it via a 3rd party like a booking agent and then via a company linked to anyone other than the owner

Head of the fans supporters group says ' no matter what happens, they can't take those special moments from us'.

Yes, that's why you need the book thrown at you. All those fans of other teams including us that have been denied silverware by your cheating.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

In theory no, you'd guess they're at least smart enough to make it direct payments from the owner to the player, do it via a 3rd party like a booking agent and then via a company linked to anyone other than the owner

Let's say Pep or players do get paid crazy money for visiting Abu Dhabi. If, for instance, a company called 'Abu Dhabi's Princes Birthday Party Group LTD' has an independent contract with Pep for a one off appearance, would that be an FFP breach? 

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Let's say Pep or players do get paid crazy money for visiting Abu Dhabi. If, for instance, a company called 'Abu Dhabi's Princes Birthday Party Group LTD' has an independent contract with Pep for a one off appearance, would that be an FFP breach? 

In isolation it wouldn’t look so bad, with everything else that seems to be going on they could decide it’s another attempt to breach the rules.

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

I'm also surprised the media haven't jumped on this more.

Like 115 suspected breaches, club could literally be kicked out the league but they seem scared/relucant to say anything about the subject.

Lets face it if this were us we wouldn't hear the last of it.

Ongoing legal case presumably - difficult to put stuff out there regarding what they may or may not have done. Investigations are still going on. I imagine when it eventually ends up in court it'll be different

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Genie said:

It’s cheating the FFP rules. Not sure if it’s illegal. 

But in theory if the company that pays the player is not owned or maybe linked to city's owner in a demonstrable way then does it breach the rules?

Messi is paid an obscene amount by the Saudis to be a tourism ambassador or whatever, does that mean if he signed for newcastle it would be seen as breaking FFP?

21 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

To me unless you can find a direct link between man city's owner and ADPBPG Ltd then no it's not

And if the PL can't find a link between the Saudi government and the PIF then what chance have they got of anything else

Just now, villa4europe said:

But in theory if the company that pays the player is not owned or maybe linked to city's owner in a demonstrable way then does it breach the rules?

Messi is paid an obscene amount by the Saudis to be a tourism ambassador or whatever, does that mean if he signed for newcastle it would be seen as breaking FFP?

Yeah, as I said, in isolation it’s probably fine. With 100 charges of cheating the system then it could be seen as another one.

Messi obviously best player in the world and there’s a lot of marketing value. If Pep is paid millions to sing happy birthday then it looks a bit shady. 

Pep just said

“My first thought is we’re already being condemned. It’s the same with UEFA, we were already condemned. The club proved we were completely innocent. You know on what side I am.

Not really true tho is it Mr Pep

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3

Â