Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Anyone else absolutely shitting themselves?

Presumably you mean scared - otherwise NHS direct is probably needed for you.

There's no reason to be scared. We've been poor all season, and the manager has shown his priority of stopping the opposition rather than going forward in most games this season. And now, against the might of Bolton, he's done the same. It hasn't worked before, it won't happen tonight.

There's nothing to be scared of. We are a poor, poor football team that quite frankly does not deserve to be in the top league.

Heskey needs to make life hell for Tim Ream. I have seen Tim Ream a few times and he hates it when anyone is physical around him. Ream cannot handle someone who will muscle him off the ball. Heskey might have a decent game.

It's virtually a 6-3-1. I imagine Herd and Warnock will just be extra defenders and he's hoping on N'zogbia/Albrighton to win a penalty or something. I just cannot see how that team can create anything.

Just waiting for train, the prospect of Hutton on the pitch and Warnock in central midfield is actually making want to get back in my car and go home. It is cold, wet and is going to be a VERY long night...

This is known as the Hleb formation (see his quotes)

Given

Hutton - Cuellar - Baker - Lichaj

- - - -- - Warnock - Herd - - - - -

Albrighton - - - - - - - - N'Zogbia

---------------Heskey

--------------------Weimann

And nice long balls over the space.

People can laugh all they like but Heskey's hold up play and passing has been pretty good in the last couple of games. Alright he isnt going to score but does win those headers and is a presence up there.

If N'Zog is pushed a little more central with Warnock staying wide, it could be interesting. Or it could be terrible. But either way I think N'Zog's performance will be the deciding factor. Do the old Wigan magic, sonny.

Provided N'Zogbia and Albrighton are given a license to get forward and provide the creativity it's not the worst choice in CM. He has played there for Blackburn in the past.

Our other options are Gardner who hasn't really imposed himself on games yet, Bannan who's been woeful recently and Clark who probably isn't fully fit. Given that this is a 6 pointer game experience might be worth it

And I have to say in the last 2 games when Heskey has come on he has done ok and was winning knock ons.

But it would have been nice and exciting to see someone like Carruthers given a chance instead of Albrighton.

I can understand where McLeish is coming from on the decision to play Warnock in midfield. He did play centre mid for Blackburn at times and was decent enough there, but then again, that was a few seasons ago.

Basically shows that he doesn't have the confidence in either Bannan or Gardner to be solid enough as Bolton would have tried to rough our kids up a bit.

However it is possibly showing Bolton a tad too much respect which will be noted by the opposition.