QPR - The Four Year Plan

VillaAndLoyal

Anyone else watch this documentary after MOTD?

Extremely interesting and followed the Club behind-the-scenes over the past four years: from the time they were taken over until their promotion to the Premier League at the end of last season.

I cannot for the life of me work out why QPR allowed the BBC to film and broadcast some of the things i've just witnessed. In my opinion it made them look terrible - from caretaker managers being verbally abused by the owners, to the owners discussing sending text messages to the management staff about the team selection during games, to Flavio Briatore threatening to sell the club because fans dared to boo him inside the ground. It was fascinating and disturbing at the same time and I can't understand how anyone could say this reflects positively on the Club.

What it did do is give ordinary fans like you and I a massive insight into what really happens behind the scenes at football clubs in this day and age - albeit this was perhaps an extreme example.

I couldn't help but make comparisons between QPR and Aston Villa. In the first two/three seasons after QPR's takeover, they had no 'football men' running things from the top - just big business men with even bigger egos - and it showed. They got through a succession of managers - or 'idiots' as they were branded - and it was only when that management structure and the Boards approach changed, that changes started to occur on the pitch.

An argument put forward by many a Villa fan recently is that these poor decisions from the top of our Club also stem from the fact that we are being run by people who don't come from footballing backgrounds - and thus don't know how to run a PL football club effectively. Is the problem which we saw highlighted on this programme at QPR also a mirror image to what is happening at Villa Park?

For those who haven't watched it, I highly recommend you watch it back on BBC iplayer.

Didn't see that but did see Tony Fernandes' interview with Jeff on Soccer Saturday. Very impressive chap. I'm rooting for his F1 team this year and I can't help but wish QPR stay up too.

^ Saw the interview too, agree he comes across as an owner which is quite set in making it work and is actually decent.. though getting rid of Warnock was the only question mark for me..

Watching this docu now and am actually quite shocked with some of the footage.

It was absorbing stuff. I wonder how much footage they had to work with, editing it into something coherent was a massive undertaking and the finished product was excellent.

It was amazing how quickly the likes of Souza, Hart & Magilton came and went.

It was hilarious at times too, Briatore telling them to send some guy on as a sub, they did and the guy scored. Briatore is up in the stand, with the Italian hands gestures, "What did I tell you?" But you could tell he hadn't a clue about the game really.

The sacking of Warnock seems all the more callous too, especially the way he turned things around. He seemed to own the place as soon as he walked through the door. I know lots of people think he's a prick, but I was impressed by what the documentary showed of him last night.

Didn't see that but did see Tony Fernandes' interview with Jeff on Soccer Saturday. Very impressive chap. I'm rooting for his F1 team this year and I can't help but wish QPR stay up too.

I used to like QPR but the way they have acted in last few months hasnt been great.

Signing Barton

sacking Warnock who took them up

hiring word removed Hughes

paying extortionate wages on quite frankly crap players

really hope they go down

Â