VTAB: The Villa Talk Advice Bureau

Eames

Rodders, you should be able to reclaim your tax overpayments. NI too. They'll do it for you at the end of the tax year, probably inaccurately, and send you a cheque. Or you can give them a bell and have a chat. Record the call though.

My expertise:

Financial advice: I was an FA for nearly ten years to 2005 and did my mortgage quals too. Whilst my current knowledge is out of date, the basic principles are still sound. If you want current advice ask Julie.

Woundcare/skin healing: I used to visit district nurses and nursing homes as a rep ostensibly to get them to use our products, but 95% of the time I was training the nurses on how skin heals and why their patients weren't responding to their 'treatment'. And if you think nurses don't know much about chronic wound healing, doctors know even less.

Mental health: I've been hospitalised twice with depression and it still dogs me to this day, but I manage it. Anyway, I've had an awful lot of experience dealing with and talking about this stuff and my friends often come to me for advice. PM me in confidence if you want a chat.

PCs: I'm quite good with them, but many are better, so post your questions in the tech thread and the hive mind will come up with suggestions.

Other: I'm just a general know-all. Spouting facts is sometimes easier than sharing opinions.

My expertise:

Financial advice: I was an FA for nearly ten years to 2005 and did my mortgage quals too. Whilst my current knowledge is out of date, the basic principles are still sound. If you want current advice ask Julie.

Anthony is spot on Rodders - IIRC either write them a letter, fill in self assesment form online or download the appropriate form of HMRC website to claim overpaid tax.

As for being an IFA I'm getting so fed up of the costs and ridiculous amounts of regulation, I'm really starting to think of doing something else. I've loved my profession since leaving accountancy - but when you're asked to write 6 page reports for advising on a mortgage or something simple and having to provide immense amounts of irrelevant & cumbersome compliance documentation - you lose the will to live!

Maybe I should become a Tesco-Law legal adviser doing conveyancing, divorces, Wills or something - solicitors seem to get away with charging a fortune with a regulator that supports the industry not do their best to destroy it.

If you dont like nightclubs, and you hate the idea of internet dating. Where is the best place to meet girls?

And secondly is it acceptable to move to girls "on road".

Are you on about hookers?

No.

If you dont like nightclubs, and you hate the idea of internet dating. Where is the best place to meet girls?

No.

What do you mean by girls "on road"?

No.

Walking along the street and approaching girls you see. In the shops, on the train etc.

No.

Walking along the street and approaching girls you see. In the shops, on the train etc.

:shock:

Yes thats abolutely fine......

If you're a rapist

No.

Dont know why, but that sounds a little weird. You can get arrested for that sort of shit!

No.

:shock:

Yes thats abolutely fine......

If you're a rapist

WTF, lets say you are out shopping, and you see a nice girl you like the look of, what is wrong with approaching her and trying to get her number?

seriously its cheaper to pay for it once a week and you dont get the hassles of spending cash on them for birthdays,christmas,no moaning just empty your load and away you go and the best thing is youre not shagging the same girl all the time...i ask my myself why did i ever get married as i would be a rich man by now ;-)

Â