VTAB: The Villa Talk Advice Bureau

Eames

If you have a gunshot wound and you go to the hospital will the police have to be informed

I think so. Apparently it's quite common that those who claim to have been shot in the leg have actually shot themselves as they don't know how to handle firearms properly.

Wow good thread!

My expertise lie in Company valuations and mergers & acquisitions.

Happy to help

Does this mean you're a Pirate? Arrrrgh......

[img[http]

Fail

Whoops......... work related stuff creeping onto VT. Apologies.

Wow good thread!

My expertise lie in Company valuations and mergers & acquisitions.

Happy to help

Does this mean you're a Pirate? Arrrrgh......

[img[http]

Fail

Whoops......... work related stuff creeping onto VT. Apologies.

Haha I was worried what the pic was going to be!

How does tattoo removal work? I've just watched a report on a dentist in Skipton setting up a side line in tattoo removal...

So he puts a laser on the skin...what happens then?

Ok I can answer this one.

My GF is pretty much top of her field in all areas of the beauty industry and played a massive part in getting cologen legislation in place. We were chatting one night about other dangers in the industry and tattoo removal was one of them.

She has had 8 years training in Premier League which is a laser treatment for the permanent removal of body hair and she said that people with no training are using this equipment and even buying equipment from china that has not been calibrated properly.

This Premier League laser treatment can also be used in the removal of tattoos which is why it is becoming so popular but as they have had little or no training people are not being warned of the dangers.

How it works is that depending on the colour of the tattoo an apposing colour laser is used which is great BUT there is a big problem!

Pure indian ink is very expensive and a lot of cheap tattoos are made up of a mixture of inks left over from other tattoos which makes the tattoo look dark, it is only apparent years on or if you try and use the laser treatment because if you use the laser for black or blue ink on it then it will only remove that colour and inn many cases you are left with the most disgusting faded redish tattoo.

She gave advice to one woman telling her this as it was an obvious cheap tattoo on her back that she wanted off for her wedding dress and was pretty much left with a scar when she ignored her and went to some back street beauty salon who tried to remove it.

The other dangers of none calibrated equipment is burning of the skin.

Only place to go... VT!

Friday, I had a really bad belly, the runs etc and put it down to something I ate the day before, 7pm Friday I tried to eat and literally sicked it straight back up, so today I feel much better but I keep breaking wind and its doing my head in, my belly is rumbling all the time, I had two bread rolls and a soup today and didn't sick it up, when I do "poo" its not runny but is very soft with some normal bits, but its the breaking wind, fricking annoying.

Any ideas? got a meeting Monday and starting to get worried about that now :(

Only place to go... VT!

Friday, I had a really bad belly, the runs etc and put it down to something I ate the day before, 7pm Friday I tried to eat and literally sicked it straight back up, so today I feel much better but I keep breaking wind and its doing my head in, my belly is rumbling all the time, I had two bread rolls and a soup today and didn't sick it up, when I do "poo" its not runny but is very soft with some normal bits, but its the breaking wind, fricking annoying.

My unqualified guess would be a 'stomach bug' that will probably be gone in the next day or two. I'd keep lay off food for 24 hours but remember to keep drinking water. Take a dog to blame in your meeting, just in case. :winkold:

Only place to go... VT!

Jesus man, keep it to yourself

Medical advice required here. Don't worry, nothing as disgusting as Dodgyknees' problem!

I hurt my knee on Friday playing football. Went for a voley but over stretched and ended up missing the ball, but something at the front of my knee went. I didn't twist it or anything, it was just that action of my leg being fully extended that did something.

It was excrutiating for about 5 minutes, couldn't put weight on it and was rolling around the place! But then it more or less went away. 10 minutes later I jogged and walked about and then managed a full run. No pain.

I rested it Friday night and Saturday, but there was no bruising or swelling and very little pain.

So I thought I'd risk it for a game I had yesterday (in goal). Again there was no pain when I was warming up or when I started the game doing all the stuff goalkeepers do, apart from kicking. First time I kicked the ball, the same excrutiating pain for about 5 minutes. Got through the rest of the game without doing any kicking.

Then again today it's fine to walk/jog on, so it's obviously just that action of extending my leg quickly that it doesn't like.

Obviously I've learnt my lesson and I'm not going to play any football for a bit, and I'm going to see a doctor about it, but wondered if anyone on here knows what it might be.

The pain is at the front of the knee just below the kneecap. Again, there's no pain in everyday walking/running and there doesn't appear to be any bruising or swelling.

Medical advice required here. Don't worry, nothing as disgusting as Dodgyknees' problem!

I hurt my knee on Friday playing football. Went for a voley but over stretched and ended up missing the ball, but something at the front of my knee went. I didn't twist it or anything, it was just that action of my leg being fully extended that did something.

It was excrutiating for about 5 minutes, couldn't put weight on it and was rolling around the place! But then it more or less went away. 10 minutes later I jogged and walked about and then managed a full run. No pain.

I rested it Friday night and Saturday, but there was no bruising or swelling and very little pain.

So I thought I'd risk it for a game I had yesterday (in goal). Again there was no pain when I was warming up or when I started the game doing all the stuff goalkeepers do, apart from kicking. First time I kicked the ball, the same excrutiating pain for about 5 minutes. Got through the rest of the game without doing any kicking.

Then again today it's fine to walk/jog on, so it's obviously just that action of extending my leg quickly that it doesn't like.

Obviously I've learnt my lesson and I'm not going to play any football for a bit, and I'm going to see a doctor about it, but wondered if anyone on here knows what it might be.

The pain is at the front of the knee just below the kneecap. Again, there's no pain in everyday walking/running and there doesn't appear to be any bruising or swelling.

It sounds like you have done your knee. :P

I get the same sensation in my arm when bowling pace. No issues if I bowl spin. I think with me is a nerve thing..... horrendous burning pain and my arm is useless for minutes afterwards. Horrendous.

Haven't bothered to look into it though, since my dazzling off breaks are far more effective than my piss poor "pace"

Â