VTAB: The Villa Talk Advice Bureau

Eames

Had an ask around and googled it and there's a large tendon that runs where my pain is.

I'm guessing I've just strained that or something. Doubt its anything worse as it doesn't hurt to touch or anything. Will still visit the docs to be safe

Advice please

Thinking of placing a big bet about a grand on Bolton going down this season which is surely a banker

Currently 1/4 id make 6 hundred and something profit

But part of me is saying i shouldn't do it i really cant see them surviving relegation this season what do you think

Medical advice required here. Don't worry, nothing as disgusting as Dodgyknees' problem!

I hurt my knee on Friday playing football. Went for a voley but over stretched and ended up missing the ball, but something at the front of my knee went. I didn't twist it or anything, it was just that action of my leg being fully extended that did something.

It was excrutiating for about 5 minutes, couldn't put weight on it and was rolling around the place! But then it more or less went away. 10 minutes later I jogged and walked about and then managed a full run. No pain.

I rested it Friday night and Saturday, but there was no bruising or swelling and very little pain.

So I thought I'd risk it for a game I had yesterday (in goal). Again there was no pain when I was warming up or when I started the game doing all the stuff goalkeepers do, apart from kicking. First time I kicked the ball, the same excrutiating pain for about 5 minutes. Got through the rest of the game without doing any kicking.

Then again today it's fine to walk/jog on, so it's obviously just that action of extending my leg quickly that it doesn't like.

Obviously I've learnt my lesson and I'm not going to play any football for a bit, and I'm going to see a doctor about it, but wondered if anyone on here knows what it might be.

The pain is at the front of the knee just below the kneecap. Again, there's no pain in everyday walking/running and there doesn't appear to be any bruising or swelling.

It could be your Meniscus. Not a tear so much as you just pissed it off. Your ACL is more probable seeing as how you can do more damage to that and still not feel as much pain. You better get a doctor to confirm nothings really messed up though. Knee injuries quickly lead to foot and hip injuries. I would also introduce ice and your knee. Let them hang out a bit.

Advice please

Thinking of placing a big bet about a grand on Bolton going down this season which is surely a banker

But part of me is saying i shouldn't do it i really cant see them surviving relegation this season what do you think

You have a grand to piss away on a bet?! :o

Advice please

Why not its no good being the richest man in the graveyard besides i really do think its a banker with minimal risk

I bet i'd get shafted though and fate would conspire against me if i did place it and Bolton would go on an unbeaten run

Anyone good at building stuff?

I have a massive garden with **** all in it and **** all use for it.

I'd love to build a big shed/sunroom/gardenroom/whatever at the bottom of it to put a home gym in. But I have no experience.

Is it all pie in the sky and it would cost me fuckloads, or is it doable?

But if you're not bothered by how much money you've got, then why bother trying to win any more? Especially for the sake of an extra "measly" £250, provided you even do win. Why not spend the £1k on something really cool? Hell, you could buy this and still have change from your grand (and don't tell me you don't want one of those bad boys).

Don't do it Ash, I beg you. For your own sake.

Stevo; just buy a full size goal and net. Plonk it down, job done.

This has genuinely already crossed my mind. I was even looking up prices of netting that i could hang behind it to stop the inevitable sky shots that would frequently occur!

This has genuinely already crossed my mind. I was even looking up prices of netting that i could hang behind it to stop the inevitable sky shots that would frequently occur!

Bloody great idea, I can't imagine the whole project would cost that much. Hell, Ash probably has 12 of them in his bastille, maybe ask him for advice?

Bloody great idea, I can't imagine the whole project would cost that much. Hell, Ash probably has 12 of them in his bastille, maybe ask him for advice?

My thinking was, I would probably get my full size goals, erect (chuckle) the nets and look at it proudly.

Then after 5 minutes of hammering free kicks miles over the bar I'd probably let out a small

"Meh"

and then never use it again

Advice please

Why not its no good being the richest man in the graveyard besides i really do think its a banker with minimal risk

I bet i'd get shafted though and fate would conspire against me if i did place it and Bolton would go on an unbeaten run

Well they're gonna get 3 pts against us in a couple of weeks so that wont help your nerves!

tax question for pretty much anyone who knows more than me ( everyone ) on this score.

Having stopped working last august to go back to studying, I was being paid PAYE taxed along the way etc. When I quit my gross pay was below the personal allowance limit. Should I be entitled to claim all the tax back paid to that date? And if so is it just the tax bit or does it also include the NI extras too?

Cheers.

edit: I have looked at the HMRC website, and I think I can, but I always prefer a more 'personal' confirmation of this type of stuff.

Â