Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Honestly though:

Given

Collins - Cuellar - Baker

Albrighton - Herd - Petrov - Gardner - Ireland

Keane

Bent

I honestly don't see it worth us playing four defenders when they are all so unbelievably shit. Now is time to pack out the midfield and stop teams putting us on the back foot. Petrov and Herd can cover the defence when required but with a busy midfield we should be able to apply the pressure we are missing.

No chance this will happen though.

i know keane has played reasonably well since hes been here but really i dont think id play him, hes been played just off the striker which i really think is irelands (who was starting to find form there) only position

Given

Hutton--Collins--Clark--Warnock

-----Petrov----Gardener--------

------------Ireland----------

Nzogbia (Floating Role)-----

-------Bent---------Gabi----

this might not work every game because we'd be overrun in midfield but i think today it would be a good setup to show we are a good attacking team if the players are used correctly.

Honestly though:

Given

Collins - Cuellar - Baker

Albrighton - Herd - Petrov - Gardner - Ireland

Keane

Bent

I honestly don't see it worth us playing four defenders when they are all so unbelievably shit. Now is time to pack out the midfield and stop teams putting us on the back foot. Petrov and Herd can cover the defence when required but with a busy midfield we should be able to apply the pressure we are missing.

No chance this will happen though.

3 at the back with allbrighton and ireland wide??? no chance we would get hammered.

all that would happen is that allbrighton and ireland would end up dropping deep and it will end up being a 5-3-2 with us being overrun in the middle

I just don't understand; you lose your most experienced midfielder so instead off trying best to replace him with a youngster you decide the whole midfield should be as inexperienced as possible?!

It could be a master stroke (there's always a first time!) but that seems like shocking decision to take out both Ireland and N'Zogbia and makes you wonder whether this is a tactical decision or a personal one.

Surely a loss today will result in huge pressure on McLeish.

Surely a loss today will result in huge pressure on McLeish.

Agreed.

It's all starting to catch up with him now and I think he can no longer hide behind the financial restraints and the fact that he's new.

The way he behaved in his interview after the Man Shitty defeat showed the cracks are starting to appear.