Falkland Islands

The_Rev

Should not the Falkland Islanders register a claim on Argentina at the UN based upon this same proximity?

Well Patagonia is full of Welsh immigrants and Argentina does have a load of fit birds - except for their President who looks like an inside out anus - so maybe you're on to something.

Did you see their Ambassador at the UN yesterday? If you believe his description of events then UK has turned the Falklands into a rocky death star capable of annihilating South America.

As for the accusation of moving nuclear weapons into the region, does he think people don't know what 'intercontinental ballistic missile' means? Our subs could park off Skegness and still vapourise Buenos Aries if ordered to do so.

Should not the Falkland Islanders register a claim on Argentina at the UN based upon this same proximity?

Well Patagonia is full of Welsh immigrants and Argentina does have a load of fit birds - except for their President who looks like an inside out anus - so maybe you're on to something.

Did you see their Ambassador at the UN yesterday? If you believe his description of events then UK has turned the Falklands into a rocky death star capable of annihilating South America.

As for the accusation of moving nuclear weapons into the region, does he think people don't know what 'intercontinental ballistic missile' means? Our subs could park off Skegness and still vapourise Buenos Aries if ordered to do so.

Exactly. We pretty much just flipped the Argies the bird as we are well within our rights to do.

I wish we had turned The Falklands into a rocky death star capable of vapourising Argentina at a moments notice. It's the very least they deserved. All they're doing right now is proving that unlike the other foolish nations that have tried to test our resolve in the past, they haven't learned a damn thing.

I'm all for a preemptive strike.

He went full retard.

Anyway, I'd like to see the Argies try, even with our armed forces in the state they're in.

As someone said, they couldn't invade the Vatican successfully, let alone the Falklands.

When I was but a young lad, knee-high to a sod o' turf, I asked my Dad about the Falkands and the Argies; he - having served a few tours over there - would possess (I assumed) an informed, balanced and insightful opinion. I believe his exact words were "nuke 'em till they glow then shoot 'em in the dark".

Great fella, my Dad.

As for the accusation of moving nuclear weapons into the region, does he think people don't know what 'intercontinental ballistic missile' means?

I'm sure he does, hence his complaint. You see, Britain's nuclear deterrant is maintained by Trident. A submarine based weapons delievery system.

We have never had ICBMs - our weapons delievery system has always been sea based since Polaris. Prior to that is was Skybolt and Bluestreak which were Air based weapons delievery systems.

Yes we can nuke the Argies from anywhere on the globe using the subs, but sending one of our subs to the region is more about a little reminder about the Belgrano rather then a threat of smearing BA off the map.

On a total side note a fun fact.... the Belgrano saw action in one of the key battles of WWII.

A small prize to the person who can tell me which one.....

She use to be an American ship if I recall from too much time in history magazines so somewhere in the pacific.... midway??

Ive a feeling she was in or around Pearl Harbour at the time of the attack ... Guess it depends on how you define "saw action"

Â